Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Another annual service - another PowerPulse hose

Views : 1016

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 2nd, 2019, 15:15   #1
Lexman8
Premier Member

Default Another annual service - another PowerPulse hose

Car went in for its 3rd service yesterday and I mentioned that PowerPulse didn't seem to be working well of late. Sure enough the PP hose had split (again) so they kept it overnight to fit hose number 3. Speaking to a couple of the guys there it does appear to be a common problem. It beggars belief that Volvo have continued to fit hoses that are unsuitable for the job.

They also replaced an air charge hose (whatever that is) which was on a recall.

Regarding the other recall for a potential engine bay fire, there's still no word of a fix but each car that comes in is checked for certain error codes and if any are found the manifold is replaced. Mine was okay.

Other than the new stop/start icon (EDIT: and Connected Safety, thanks, tem), the only change I noticed was that an app update for Spotify was required. I thought: okay here we go, more pain but actually it downloaded quickly and installed super quick without pausing for ages at 43% like it always did in the past. I didn't notice any changes to the engine or gearbox on the way back home.

Last edited by Lexman8; Oct 2nd, 2019 at 16:14.
Lexman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2019, 15:33   #2
tem
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexman8 View Post
Car went in for its 3rd service yesterday and I mentioned that PowerPulse didn't seem to be working well of late. Sure enough the PP hose had split (again) so they kept it overnight to fit hose number 3. Speaking to a couple of the guys there it does appear to be a common problem. It beggars belief that Volvo have continued to fit hoses that are unsuitable for the job.

Regarding the other recall for a potential engine bay fire, there's still no word of a fix but each car that comes in is checked for certain error codes and if any are found the manifold is replaced. Mine was okay.

Other than the new stop/start icon, the only change I noticed was that an app update for Spotify was required. I thought: okay here we go, more pain but actually it downloaded quickly and installed super quick without pausing for ages at 43% like it always did in the past. I didn't notice any changes to the engine or gearbox on the way back home.
Did you not get the Connected Safety feature as well?

tem.
Old Oct 2nd, 2019, 15:35   #3
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tem View Post
Did you not get the Connected Safety feature as well?

tem.
Sorry, yes I did and I've turned it on.
Old Oct 2nd, 2019, 15:37   #4
tem
Premier Member

Quote:
Sorry, yes I did and I've turned it on.
I did wonder, as I got both last Monday, when I had a service done.

tem.
Old Oct 2nd, 2019, 16:11   #5
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:

Other than the new stop/start icon, the only change I noticed was that an app update for Spotify was required. I thought: okay here we go, more pain but actually it downloaded quickly and installed super quick without pausing for ages at 43% like it always did in the past. I didn't notice any changes to the engine or gearbox on the way back home.
Regarding the PowerPulse, it does constantly make you wonder if all is OK and you're getting full performance from the engine. We have a 19 plate XC90 D5 while our car is in the workshop today, seems noticeably perkier and more eager at lower revs. But then under full gas it didn't seem any quicker, so maybe a gearbox mapping update ahead of ours.

I know people on this forum argue there is nothing intrinsically wrong with the D5 PP, but experiencing and hearing of so many burst pipe issues, I really don't believe it is a good unit at all.

Let's hope the B5 does better.

:wq
Old Oct 2nd, 2019, 16:20   #6
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by familymangreg View Post
I know people on this forum argue there is nothing intrinsically wrong with the D5 PP, but experiencing and hearing of so many burst pipe issues, I really don't believe it is a good unit at all.
Now that I'm nearing the end of my 3-year warranty and will take out a Volvo extended warranty (that specifically excludes hoses), there is no way I'll be paying for it if it fails again next year or whenever.
Old Oct 2nd, 2019, 16:52   #7
AndyJudge
Premier Member

Hmm maybe when I look at swapping mine I won't look toward the new shape D5 but head back to T5.
Previous 2001 C70 T5 GT Auto Convertible - Saffron
Previous 1999 S40 XS - Silver
AndyJudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2019, 17:31   #8
volvo s60 2001

Angry

Hi. Sorry if I hijack your topic, but here is my very fresh story.
I have my PP hose (Volvo S90) replaced today and this is a car which I bought 4 day ago from Marshall Leeds Volvo under Volvo Selekt! I am absolutely sure that the car hasn't been checked as promised when is prepared for sell under Volvo Selekt. I went to my dealer today (in London) for a problem with the Internet connection (no connection to service message) and while checking they found fault code related to the PP hose. It was completely destroyed.

Another thing which I think is the most important and I couldn't see when I bought the car due to the heavy rain and my "trust" to the people who must have been checked it before sell is the big and small cuts to the o/s front tyre! This is absolutely unacceptable to let anyone with such an unsafe car on the road!
So to anyone who think to go and buy any car under Volvo Selekt be prepared for a lot of surprises. And please try to avoid the named dealer above, because they are bunch of crooks for me with lack of any customer service and full of lies!
volvo s60 2001 is offline   Reply With Quote