Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V60 spare wheel problem solved

Views : 20290

Replies : 57

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 20th, 2013, 20:14   #1
Brusk57

Smile V60 spare wheel problem solved

I have a V60 D2 and was concerned about no spare wheel. I contacted my local Volvo dealer and now have a space saver spare wheel, jack and tools located under the flap and secured with straps with the wheel in the wheel bag it was supplied in. I don't have the under tray any longer but that's fine.

I understand some floor pans are slightly different so you should try before you buy, total cost £150

All credit to the group service manager at hidden borough Volvo who went out of his way to help.

Last edited by Brusk57; Oct 20th, 2013 at 20:19. Reason: Title change
Brusk57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2013, 11:39   #2
MtillingVolvo
Sales Monkey @Volvo Npton

Hello!

Would be interested to see some photos as to how this works/what has been done to secure the spare wheel as I have had a few customers ask about this, but with no official word from Volvo have struggled to give a safe/secure option.

Regards

Marc

Main Dealer Based in Northampton
mtilling@bellsmotorgroup.co.uk
MtillingVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MtillingVolvo For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 22nd, 2013, 21:57   #3
nozmeister

Yes please...pics required!!!

I'm thinking of buying a V60 early next year but only if I can get a spare wheel under the boot floor. Seems to be a bit of uncertainty about whether this is possible!!

TIA

Volvo XC60 SE LUX NAV D4 VEA GT MY16 - Osmium Grey, Family Pack, Winter Pack, Front Parking Sensors & Tempa Spare Wheel

Gone but not forgotten: 2006-2015 Volvo V50 2.0D SE MY06 - 46.7 MPG
nozmeister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2013, 20:56   #4
kdscot

Hi, photo of my set up. Would prefer to have something to strap / hold wheel in position so if anyone has any suggestions ....

Hope it's helpful.

ps this is a july 12 v60, some older versions may not have as much space below the boot floor. Apparently you need to look for a 1inch 'ridge' near the back seats?? If you have a flat boot there should be enough space.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20131005_161937.jpg (239.5 KB, 584 views)
kdscot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kdscot For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 24th, 2013, 09:01   #5
MtillingVolvo
Sales Monkey @Volvo Npton

So at the moment is the wheel loose in that area?

Regards

Marc

Main Dealer Based in Northampton
mtilling@bellsmotorgroup.co.uk
MtillingVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2013, 21:06   #6
kdscot

I have old underlay which is below it so once the boot floor is closed it's secure under the floor. There is possibility of a little side to side / even less front to back movement. Ideally I'd like to do something so there can be no movement but I am pretty sure the electrical stuff is all a safe distance from the wheel.

I'm surprised as a dealer you can't get good support from Volvo on this issue, it must be a deal breaker for some buyers?
kdscot is offline   Reply With Quote