Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 400 Series General

Notices

400 Series General Forum for the Volvo 440, 460 and 480 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Problem with remote central locking V 440

Views : 1261

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 9th, 2017, 10:35   #1
whiteghost

Question Problem with remote central locking V 440

Hello out there. I've just become a Volvo owner for the first time and just joined this forum. It's a 1995 440 and seems to have an electronic problem. When the interior light is left in the door open/on position and the car is left unlocked, after a couple of minutes it locks itself and a few seconds later the lights start flashing and do not stop. With the interior light switch in the middle, fully off, position it is fine. Any ideas.?
whiteghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2017, 11:05   #2
vicpool

Default central locking

Sorry to hear of your problem. I had problems with my 1995 440 with the central locking module doing strange things and in the end bought a new module. Very expensive! The module is just behind the steering wheel. It's a highly complex piece of electronics and not repairable. One thing I can say is that if you operate the remote and do not open the doors they will automatically lock themselves after about two minutes as part of the design. This might be a clue. Sorry I cant be more helpful.

Vic Pool
vicpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2018, 09:05   #3
whiteghost

Default Volvo 440 central remote locking

Vic Pool
Sorry I haven't responded earlier to your reply of 14th Dec 2017 but the problem seemed to resolve itself in that the central locking just stopped working so I just went back to the 'old fashioned' key in lock method. But a couple of days ago for no apparent reason it started working again and with the same problem. As long as it doesn't prevent me from using the car I'm not bothered by it though but if you are able to shed any more light on it that would be appreciated. Thanks again. Peter Chave.
whiteghost is offline   Reply With Quote