Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Voltage supply issues

Views : 1135

Replies : 17

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 11th, 2017, 22:04   #11
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansC30 View Post
Just did some digging in Vida, am I correct in stating that both analog and pwm signal from pedal go to the CEM and that the CEM sends the pwm signal to the ECM? And that the fault I have is that intermittently the pwm and analog signals don't give put the same value?

And so according to you I should replace both analog and pwm signal cables? I can find in the connector to CEM two times a signal called "AP position sensor, check signal" one of those will vary between 0,15v and 4,85v which makes this the analog signal right when ignition on, but the other one, Vida states will always be 0V..

What am I missing here?
No , the pwm signal goes direct to the ECU from pin 5 of the pedal , grey wire that is always ok ..

The Analogue signal goes from pedal pin 2 on the white wire to the CEM and is then carried over the network to the ECU .
I have always found replacing the white wire and terminals has fixed it .
Old Dec 15th, 2017, 18:48   #12
hansC30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
No , the pwm signal goes direct to the ECU from pin 5 of the pedal , grey wire that is always ok ..

The Analogue signal goes from pedal pin 2 on the white wire to the CEM and is then carried over the network to the ECU .
I have always found replacing the white wire and terminals has fixed it .
HI clan! Just found the time to disassemble the pedal and found the connector and the white wire, but I'm not sure how to disassemble the connector and put a new terminal in there, can I just push the red part on all pins and will it come out eventually or is there an easier way?
Thanks in advance!

Update, I found some online help but don't have the right tools to disassemble the wire, will go to garage and hope they will lend me the tool.. Will update tommorow. Thanks again!

Last edited by hansC30; Dec 15th, 2017 at 21:21.
hansC30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2017, 16:01   #13
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
HI clan! Just found the time to disassemble the pedal and found the connector and the white wire, but I'm not sure how to disassemble the connector and put a new terminal in there, can I just push the red part on all pins and will it come out eventually or is there an easier way?
Thanks in advance!

Update, I found some online help but don't have the right tools to disassemble the wire, will go to garage and hope they will lend me the tool.. Will update tommorow. Thanks again!
Oh yes , the red locking piece needs to be released then you have to insert a very thin tool to release the plastic catch then the terminal pulls out .. you could use a sewing needle of a suitable size . you need good eyesight !
Old Dec 21st, 2017, 19:27   #14
hansC30

Quote:
Oh yes , the red locking piece needs to be released then you have to insert a very thin tool to release the plastic catch then the terminal pulls out .. you could use a sewing needle of a suitable size . you need good eyesight !
Thanks! I was able to dissasemble everything but I have no idea how to look for the correct type of terminal online.. Went to local garage but they don't know the type, and I can't find it in VIDA either.. Do you have any idea how to look for these terminals? A serial number would come in handy :-)
Old Dec 21st, 2017, 20:32   #15
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Thanks! I was able to dissasemble everything but I have no idea how to look for the correct type of terminal online.. Went to local garage but they don't know the type, and I can't find it in VIDA either.. Do you have any idea how to look for these terminals? A serial number would come in handy :-)
You need the skill of a volvo parts person and the latest VIDA there ..

The terminals come already crimped to a piece of wire about 6 inches long
Old Dec 21st, 2017, 21:33   #16
hansC30

Quote:
You need the skill of a volvo parts person and the latest VIDA there ..

The terminals come already crimped to a piece of wire about 6 inches long
Ok, I'll go ask tomorrow. Thought I could juist build the cable myself with the correct terminals:-) Thanks for all your help!
Old Jan 28th, 2018, 19:02   #17
hansC30

Sorry for the late update, haven't driven the car a lot lately. I went to garage but they could not find the entire cable, only the connectors which you can only buy per 10, 2.5euros each(!) . I disconnected and reconnected everything and haven't had any issues anymore so I decided to leave it like this for a while. 50euros plus cost of tool to connect these terminals was a bit too much for now😉
Old Feb 9th, 2018, 20:13   #18
hansC30

Just replaced the cable after getting I limp mode couple of times again. Found the cable in the third Volvo garage I went to☺️only the connectors with small piece of wire on it though. What a b***** to replace these cables!! Hope this fixes it!