Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Diesel Engines
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Diesel Engines A forum dedicated to diesel engines fitted to Volvo cars. See the first post in this forum for a list of the diesel engines.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Leaking air intake hose

Views : 268

Replies : 0

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 16th, 2024, 21:52   #1
Tedduf

Default Leaking air intake hose

Hi everyone,

My car: XC70 '08 D5 295.000km

I have been trying for quite some time to locate an air leak on my car, as it suffers from power loss, lower mpg than before, and idle can be a bit rough at times. After showing it to my local mechanic, it seems that the injectors are fine, but that the air-fuel mixture isn't as it should be in high revs under load. He said it could be the MAF sensor, but he wasn't too convinced himself, so I decided not to pay 300€ to change a part that might be just fine.

And so today, I noticed some oily sticky liquid on the air intake hose, where the egr hose connects back towards the turbo (see picture attached). To be honest, there had been liquid there for a long while, I thought it was something old, and I only cleaned it for the first time last week...

And upon closer inspection, I can easily move the plastic connector (to the egr) on the intake hose. I have put some tape around it as best as I could, but haven't the chance yet to see if it made any difference.

So here are my questions:
- does anyone know a more permanent fix for this problem, or am I better off buying a new intake hose (painfully pricey)?
- is the soft hose coming from the EGR connected correctly? The metal clamp isn't loose at all, but it seems like it could/should be pushed further up onto the plastic connector.

Hope someone can help, thanks in advance!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20240115_122426.jpg (238.1 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by Tedduf; Jan 16th, 2024 at 22:00.
Tedduf is offline   Reply With Quote