Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Underwhelming welcome !

Views : 3111

Replies : 34

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 3rd, 2011, 20:12   #1
Stebbo

Default Underwhelming welcome !

Thanks guys for the total lack of response to my intro and first chat. With the exception of course of the 'admin welcome'.

Granted I haven't paid anything yet to become a fully fledged member of the VOC, but from my experience of several other forums there's usually someone out there with a cheery 'Hello', whether you've paid or not !

I can only presume therefore that none of the 104 'viewers' have never had a problem with their sat navs or built in phones OR perhaps couldn't be bothered to offer any help ?

What does surprise me however is the total lack of response to the 'where should the oil level be on the dip stick, when it does look like the picture in the handbook'. Surely I can't be the only 'Volvo enthusiast' to check the oil ?

Big Sorry if I'm coming across as a snot, but I'm really rather pleased with my move over to Volvo and indeed the previous owner was a paid up member and had persuaded me that it was a club well worth joining. At the moment I'm not impressed !
Stebbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2011, 20:21   #2
gdphillips
ba baracus...

its no prob and somtimes we dont no how to fix as may be its not a common prob,i have no prob with members non members as i was once both.the welcome as always i will always say hello and welcome....but its all about where you post.....we all have diffrent cars and most stick to the posts that would be a fault with there own....so ask what you need just give it time and the replys will come as long as i have been here i have posted things and got no replys so dont feel left out....somtimes just looking in the search on here may give you what you need....as for the oil level there should be two marks on it min and max just below the max is ok over the max is not.......if not post a pic of what it is and that gets better response.......hello and welcome....gp
Old Feb 3rd, 2011, 20:23   #3
John_C
Allons-y!

It's because you smell. Sorry, but someone had to tell you.

Oh, and welcome to the forum, it's actually a very welcoming and open forum, just give it some time and maybe post individual questions in their own thread with appropriate titles. It's incredibly busy here so an awful lot of people don't have the time to read every post and as a result they pick and choose only threads where they think they can help or threads which interest them.

Cheers,
John

Last edited by John_C; Feb 3rd, 2011 at 20:25.
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2011, 20:35   #4
outnumbered
Lunatic from Wakefield

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEBBO View Post
Thanks guys for the total lack of response to my intro and first chat. With the exception of course of the 'admin welcome'.

Granted I haven't paid anything yet to become a fully fledged member of the VOC, but from my experience of several other forums there's usually someone out there with a cheery 'Hello', whether you've paid or not !

I can only presume therefore that none of the 104 'viewers' have never had a problem with their sat navs or built in phones OR perhaps couldn't be bothered to offer any help ?

What does surprise me however is the total lack of response to the 'where should the oil level be on the dip stick, when it does look like the picture in the handbook'. Surely I can't be the only 'Volvo enthusiast' to check the oil ?

Big Sorry if I'm coming across as a snot, but I'm really rather pleased with my move over to Volvo and indeed the previous owner was a paid up member and had persuaded me that it was a club well worth joining. At the moment I'm not impressed !
i was going to say welcome but hey ho lifes too short. if your not impressed or you have not got the reply you want when you want it join t5d5, with what you have posted and see what reply you get from them you will be impressed.
mike
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to outnumbered For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 3rd, 2011, 20:42   #5
johnnyv70
Master Member

Quote:

your quite welcome,..see you have had more response by havin a good rant,
as said above some members just log onto posts that interest them, its nothing personal, (honest ),...as for where the level of oil should be did you say which model of pram,.err sorry car you had, but I dont think that matters with volvo as they are all the same as far as I know, bang in the middle of the 2 marks (never above )..........so chill and welcome to the forum, there are some great helpful lads on here, as you will see when there name pops up time and time again....

regards.........john
johnnyv70 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to johnnyv70 For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 3rd, 2011, 20:59   #6
Ragamuffin
Master Member

Quote:
Hi.

Try "Lounge and INTRODUCTIONS" for a better response.
Old Feb 3rd, 2011, 20:59   #7
Stebbo

Thanks Guys'

So pleased you didn't take it the wrong way. All I needed was a pat on the head and a 'there there, It'll be better soon'.

Back to the dip stick ! It doesn't have a max or min as shown in the owners manual. Instead it has a cross-hatched section, which I guess is the 'safe range', but because it also has a double kink further up and my Dodge Ram uses the kink as the level I was rather confused.

Speaking of rather confused. Anyone know which specific Haynes 'Book of Lies' I'll need for a late 2004 D5. The range they cover seems to exclude my particular model. Any info would be gratefully received.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stebbo For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 3rd, 2011, 21:02   #8
outnumbered
Lunatic from Wakefield

Quote:
Thanks Guys'

So pleased you didn't take it the wrong way. All I needed was a pat on the head and a 'there there, It'll be better soon'.

Back to the dip stick ! It doesn't have a max or min as shown in the owners manual. Instead it has a cross-hatched section, which I guess is the 'safe range', but because it also has a double kink further up and my Dodge Ram uses the kink as the level I was rather confused.

Speaking of rather confused. Anyone know which specific Haynes 'Book of Lies' I'll need for a late 2004 D5. The range they cover seems to exclude my particular model. Any info would be gratefully received.
which dipstick???? i have my oil level in the midle of the 2 marks.if you have it at the top mark it could cause problems with oil seals with it being too high, pressure .i hope that helps
mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg oil level.JPG (161.6 KB, 26 views)

Last edited by outnumbered; Feb 3rd, 2011 at 21:14.
outnumbered is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to outnumbered For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 3rd, 2011, 21:03   #9
Stebbo

Thanks Ragamuffin

I saw that section and kinder thought that because I had specific question to do with the V70, I'd take my chance.

My mum always said 'thinking was bad for me'
Old Feb 3rd, 2011, 21:05   #10
zetor160

Default Switchboard operator gone awol again...

We are all casual users of the forum, no one paid to standby as a welcoming committee..Come to think of it..I never got a welcome when I joined, other than from the forum controller (bless him) but then I never announced my arrival formally to anyone..
Please chill
zetor160 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zetor160 For This Useful Post: