Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

My FIRST rebuild S40 T4 P1

Views : 12134

Replies : 139

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 18th, 2012, 19:12   #1
PiratepeteT4

Talking My FIRST rebuild S40 T4 P1

Hi Guys,

Ive been thinkin of selling my T4 as ive not been happy with it recently ( not sure what im unhappy about just the feel of it ), i was thinking of getting an 850R but them thought about rebuilding the T4 instead.

Where to start is the problem as i use the car quite a bit so I kinda need to keep it on the road asap before the engine gets looked at.

I have a set of 17" Lenso rims that Im thinking of repraying in Mazda 11b, these a pretty awesome wheels with some history so it be nice to give them a coat of paint ( or two or three! )

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...ild/wheel1.jpg

Ive got some body work that needs looking, some rust, few dents over the years but nothing huge but before this is looked out i will be rolling the arches a bit, nothing to chavy just a cheeky amount as the inner lip is pretty close on the rear.

Ive also got a poorly wheel arch which is desperate need of prefession attention so this will be done again once the arches are done.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...Poorlyarch.jpg

Ive already lowered the car on some FK coilvers and i think it sits just right, these were for a V70 but with differnt front top mounts they went straight in. Along with this i changed the ARB bushed and the drop links while i was there.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t.../Coilovers.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...ld/Lowered.jpg

I inside is clean and tidy with no rips, tears or fag burns so not much to do in there i guess but here's a little pic any ways.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...deallclean.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...uild/Strut.jpg

So the next big thing is the engine, standard T4 lump with a little extra boost, actuator has been re tentioned and a BMC CDA Carbon filter and recently had a full service of all fluids, filters and a little clean.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...anedengine.jpg

My thought with the engine is to fit a 14t-BIG 16G hybrid, F/M Intercooler, JT Tuning stainless, Big Green injectors, Cams from a 2.0 N/A and then a remap, this will push out about 300bhp and the standard internals im aware are happy with this along with the gear box.

Due to the "slight" increase in power I will be upgrading the front brakes to the standard calipers from an Evo3 and Green pads.
I also want to get the engine mounts poly bushed and a front strut brace again off an Evo.

Im learning slowly with all the mods so if anyone can give me an extra push in the right direct that would be great.
PiratepeteT4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2012, 19:25   #2
FIREBOLT
Master Member

T4 looks good Were they AndyP's alloys? Was it you that was after the N/A cams?
FIREBOLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2012, 20:01   #3
Dog_Book
Idiot

Yummy...

Busy pestering the poor sods here now
Dog_Book is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2012, 20:46   #4
PiratepeteT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIREBOLT View Post
T4 looks good Were they AndyP's alloys? Was it you that was after the N/A cams?
Indeed they were, he has been a really legend helping me along my way. He said the n/a were the way to go
Old Mar 18th, 2012, 21:14   #5
FIREBOLT
Master Member

Thought they looked familiar! I still have the n/a cams from my old engine if you want them?
Found an old pic of the wheels from 2006! The red S40 looks a bit different now Andy has it.
Old Mar 18th, 2012, 21:38   #6
PiratepeteT4

Quote:
Thought they looked familiar! I still have the n/a cams from my old engine if you want them?
Found an old pic of the wheels from 2006! The red S40 looks a bit different now Andy has it.

Ha that's amazing! His old car and the track hack when ash owed it, Andy mentioned
A friend had some knocking about had no idea I'd bump into you! How much you looking for them?
Old Mar 18th, 2012, 21:47   #7
FIREBOLT
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratepeteT4 View Post
Ha that's amazing! His old car and the track hack when ash owed it, Andy mentioned
A friend had some knocking about had no idea I'd bump into you! How much you looking for them?
As I said to Andy you can have them, the engine was meant to have been scapped ages ago but has just been sat in my garage. The fuel rail may be of use to you as well as it is already drilled for a return fuel line.
Old Mar 18th, 2012, 21:53   #8
PiratepeteT4

Talking

Quote:
As I said to Andy you can have them, the engine was meant to have been scapped ages ago but has just been sat in my garage. The fuel rail may be of use to you as well as it is already drilled for a return fuel line.
Ah thanks mate I'll owe you a beer, I hadn't though of a return fuel line but a damn good idea. When could I grab them off you buddy?
Old Mar 18th, 2012, 22:02   #9
FIREBOLT
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratepeteT4 View Post
Ah thanks mate I'll owe you a beer, I hadn't though of a return fuel line but a damn good idea. When could I grab them off you buddy?
I'll take the parts off one eve this week, can meet you halfway at services at Petersfield on the A3 if you want? Can do most eves or anytime next weekend.
Old Mar 18th, 2012, 22:06   #10
PiratepeteT4

Quote:
I'll take the parts off one eve this week, can meet you halfway at services at Petersfield on the A3 if you want? Can do most eves or anytime next weekend.
Yeah can do, I don't mind coming to you if its any easier for you. I have the gym every eve but can easily scrub it off I'm sure. So what you driving then mate?