Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

My FIRST rebuild S40 T4 P1

Views : 12136

Replies : 139

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 19th, 2012, 18:51   #21
tommy t4
Premier Member

I am buying a fully forged engine but in the mean while I've got forge rods and pistons, I'm porting and polishing the turbo and head as I speak, got fuel pressure regulator adjustable, 440cc injectors, deCat, turbo back 3 inch exhaust with 4 inch backbox, got the n/a fuel rail with return, gobs get the n/a cams and that's it until the other engine comes....
tommy t4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 19:18   #22
PiratepeteT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIREBOLT View Post
Taken from 30forty50.com

http://www.30forty50.com/forum/topic...tt4-1997-1999/

That should be fine, I'll get them removed tommorow eve after work. I'll pm you my number later.

Thanks for the above it just clarifies a few things however it mentions ...

" Also we have adjustable head wheels on cams and adjustment range is + - 7.5 degrees on both cams. I left the adjustments on original 0, 0 settings."

I dont know how to do this, any know how easy it is to do? Dont rush in getting them out mate, I dont wanna put you out at all
PiratepeteT4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 19:28   #23
PiratepeteT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy t4 View Post
I am buying a fully forged engine but in the mean while I've got forge rods and pistons, I'm porting and polishing the turbo and head as I speak, got fuel pressure regulator adjustable, 440cc injectors, deCat, turbo back 3 inch exhaust with 4 inch backbox, got the n/a fuel rail with return, gobs get the n/a cams and that's it until the other engine comes....
Ha sounds like we are billed a simular engine build bar all the Forged goodies.

I was going to get CR Turbos to convert my 14T to a hybrid which is about £300.

I was going to get 440cc Big Green injectors as ive heard these do a good job.
Regards the fuel rail i have been kindly donated one to me which has been modified to accommidate a return to thats a win but i hadnt thought about a manual fuel pressure regulator....

Exhaust wise im looking to get a JT Tuning jobby http://www.jt-tuning.se/shop/default...ng=ENG&cur=EUR
Old Mar 20th, 2012, 08:11   #24
tommy t4
Premier Member

Yea defo need adjustable fpr some are going quite cheap cosworth fpr's are pretty good handle up to 3bar so that's plenty. Didn't really Wana spend that kinda money on a exhaust so I built and welded my own she's a fire breather now went for mild steel as this heats up quicker and gets the hot gases flowing quicker, stainless is still good tho just takes a bit longer to get to temp. I also took out my near side foglight out and put in a direct cold airflow pipe in straight to airfilter and it gets well cold so that's all good, it's all bout the cold air......
Old Mar 20th, 2012, 09:03   #25
PiratepeteT4

AndyP has a sweet FPR but was about £80 with all hoses and I think was good for 3bar. You made your exhaust, how do you go about doin that? I need a new one soon as mine won't pass the next mot but thats not for 11 months.
Old Mar 20th, 2012, 09:36   #26
PiratepeteT4

Is this a bit over the top haha

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/vie...id=80315520460
Old Mar 20th, 2012, 09:44   #27
tommy t4
Premier Member

Don't get those fpr they crap, get a a ford one trust I've heard lots of problems with people running those on s14 and on few rs turbos, when I worked in a garage I had use of a lift for the car so just replaced all silencers and the cat with exhaust pipe and welded it in situ, and fabricated a backbox from stainless steel and welded that too it lol ( I did work as a fabricator and a archetectual and structural welder so was pretty easy) mind you I would now have to cut the exhaust out if I want to replace it lol....
Old Mar 20th, 2012, 09:50   #28
PiratepeteT4

Ah fair I had no idea, ford is the way to go

Ah cool, you clever little bean, wanna make me one
Old Mar 20th, 2012, 10:30   #29
tommy t4
Premier Member

Lol I could b tempted to make you one but would have to be after my car is back on the road, main priority atm, spose I could make it from Mine and use that as a kinda jig, but weld flanges on yours so you could take it off and put it on easily like 2-3 parts.....

Last edited by tommy t4; Mar 20th, 2012 at 10:32. Reason: IPhone is ****e at spelling
Old Mar 20th, 2012, 11:13   #30
PiratepeteT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy t4 View Post
Lol I could b tempted to make you one but would have to be after my car is back on the road, main priority atm, spose I could make it from Mine and use that as a kinda jig, but weld flanges on yours so you could take it off and put it on easily like 2-3 parts.....
Oh hell yeah get your car done first mate, I would pay you clearly, What's the dimensions ie 3" straight through with/without cat and if you have a silencer? Would it be turbo back? I'd come to you if its easier for fitting flanges etc?

What you gonna do to finish yours off?