Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Selling my 4mth old xc60

Views : 4504

Replies : 31

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 29th, 2014, 19:53   #1
woodchipandrew

Default Selling my 4mth old xc60

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...01403242774582

If anyone was looking for a nearly new xc60 D5 please have a look at mine, any feedback regarding price or thoughts would be appreciated.
woodchipandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29th, 2014, 21:28   #2
cookie
Lord B on T5D5.org

Initial comment would be, make sure you own car outright and you are not selling to settle any finance, as its likely that even just advertising for sale is breach of finance agreement, and would then become a claw back and auction, and hit you would take would be massive, however assuming you have a right to sale, and could prove such to any potential buyer................................

Only one that is up for private sale under a year, even under 4 years almost none on private sale, how comes you are selling, being totally critical, thats a pretty steep price for a private sale, think you may struggle without any reason given, and even then 2nd hand market for nearly new cars is basically non existant, as tends to be people who finance and can't afford repayment, and can't afford to hand back, and insurance companies are getting hotter on new cars magically ending up cuddling trees.

Massive risk spending that sort of money even with MNF warranty, to a private person, whose to say what history, it comes with (been involved in criminal activity etc...)

I'm not implying you are affected by any of the above, but all would be assumed by a potential buyer.

Have you looked at what else is around, I would expect it to be priced somewhere nearer what dealer would offer to take back, and letter or such to show potential buyers, so they know what you can sell for no come back.
cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29th, 2014, 22:43   #3
woodchipandrew

Thanks for the comments, It is my car no hpi ,no accidents my wifes poor hips are the reason for sale she struggles to get in or out. As for price I am taking a big hit but i am open to offers.
Old Mar 29th, 2014, 22:48   #4
tickedon
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodchipandrew View Post
any feedback regarding price or thoughts would be appreciated.
I can't be quite certain I properly matched all of your extra options to the options on the Drive The Deal site, but I think I got most, and they quoted me £33473 for new from dealer.

Perhaps I missed something out, or you might need to look at lowering your asking by quite a bit.
tickedon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tickedon For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 30th, 2014, 10:09   #5
david philips
panic captain manwaring ?

Default smw belfast

a friend of mine has just bought a ex demonstrator xc60 from smw belfast new price 36.5k because it was used as a demonstrator car it only cost 29k and he was able to trade in his xc90. ie/

2013 (Nov) XC60 D4 R-DES AWD (SFZ2067)
Ice White with R-Design Interior
Includes: WP, PRIV, Rain Sensor, RPA, 20" Ixion
6050 miles, 139 G/KM £36,615 £29,000
Old Mar 30th, 2014, 10:34   #6
woodchipandrew

I have lowered the price now.
Old Mar 30th, 2014, 11:46   #7
velocette

Lovely looking car, I can imagine how sorry you are to have to sell it. I have a V60 and am thinking of trading up for much the same reason as you are selling - hips. We do find the V60 a little low and awkward to access sadly. I love the interior with the cream/beige leather. Not so sure about the metallic brown (or whatever the trendy name for it is) but I obtained a brochure from the main dealer just a few days ago and that features that colour in all the shots of the car throughout so I guess you are on trend and I am not. I take the point that others have made firstly about suspicions of why you are selling privately after such a short time with all the implications and concerns as to provenance, and then there is also the issue of private buyers having the cash without finance. Inevitably you will take a hit, have you had a p/x offer? it might be a good idea to mention that and provide evidence of it as some reassurance to a private buyer. I would also be tempted to try ebay as well, with all the usual cautions about Nigerian spoofers, as you can give more depth and detail than is possible in a classified ad. Good luck with it, i would love it myself!
velocette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2014, 15:02   #8
cookie
Lord B on T5D5.org

have you tried we buy any car or such like, as they may well give you more than dealer in PX, depends on what hit, but people will expect a big saving for lack of dealer facilities.
cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2014, 16:01   #9
Mytholmroyd60

Please do not use we buy any car. They just put them into the nearest british car auction and pocket the difference. You would be better putting in the auction yourself with a sensible reserve. Contact bca or another large action house and they will give you a realistic estimate of what it will make under the hammer.
Mytholmroyd60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2014, 18:15   #10
david philips
panic captain manwaring ?

Default do you have utv drive?

if it was me i would have it on gumtree as of now for best offer over £30,000 and advertised on utv drive or some thing similar both free if it sells great and if not be ready to lower the price again.

even consider some paid for adds even if you spent £100 on advertising it would be worth it for a sale, last port of call would be a car auction with a fixed reserve, just make sure there is a fixed reserve and a dealer does not buy it for less than your bottom line.

only draw back of a car auction would be the auction costs involved.

only if theres no alternative would i go to a dealer or main agent but having said that if they would sell it on a commission basis then would be worth a try.

i know lots use we buy any whatever but i would rather burn it than use them. (lol is it insured)