Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Damaged before delivery

Views : 2402

Replies : 30

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 13th, 2018, 19:02   #1
theminch

Default Damaged before delivery

After ordering a new Volvo, all set to collect and receive a call from the dealership. Sir, when cleaning your car we noticed damage on the rear bumper. It us a long linear scratch and bump but don't worry we have sent it to the body shop to be fixed.

What is your response...
theminch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2018, 19:09   #2
S90
IT Guru

Let them, what else would you do? Cars get damaged on the production line, they get fixed.

Probably be asking for some goodwill from dealer in view of delay and disappointment etc?
Old Dec 13th, 2018, 19:38   #3
roundyuk

I had to have a new windscreen in my V60 before I picked it up!
roundyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2018, 19:41   #4
n7xtc

Depends on the car colour... If they can't get a perfect match on the paint then I'd expect a replacement car, if they can I'd still expect some sort of goodwill apology.
Old Dec 13th, 2018, 19:48   #5
harveys
Master Member

Point out you are buying a brand new car ,not a damage repaired one.
Also if you can see any paintwork thats looks to been done you will not have the car..
Only look at it in very good light .
Old Dec 13th, 2018, 19:58   #6
ian77

I thought bumpers were available as factory painted spare parts? I’d push for a replacement part if they can get one in a reasonable timeframe. My V60 came with a nick in the leather on the back of the rear seat - we agreed they could try and repair it and if it wasn’t acceptable they would order a new car and replace the seat (spare seat was months to order in!). Kept the repair in the end, didn’t like the idea of what they had to take to bits to replace the seat...
Old Dec 13th, 2018, 22:21   #7
Crockers
Premier Member

I think you'd be shocked how many new cars are damaged prior to delivery.
Old Dec 13th, 2018, 22:39   #8
XC90Mk1
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theminch View Post
After ordering a new Volvo, all set to collect and receive a call from the dealership. Sir, when cleaning your car we noticed damage on the rear bumper. It us a long linear scratch and bump but don't worry we have sent it to the body shop to be fixed.

What is your response...
Ask for a new one, new new one that has not been accident repaired.

Volvo can use e that one as they please, demo, sell second hand but you didn’t buy a brand new car for it to already have none fresh paint.
XC90Mk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to XC90Mk1 For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 13th, 2018, 23:16   #9
Haldex
Premier Member

What XC90Mk1 said. No way I’d take delivery of a “new” freshly repaired car. Yes- cars get damaged in production, in transport, etc- but when I pay for new- I expect to receive new.

XC40 B4 RD AWD
Haldex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2018, 23:48   #10
SpaceBoy42

Mine was reversed into a post (at low speed) the day before I was due to collect it. They couldn't buff out the resulting mark on the bumper so I got the big phone call.

Your first reaction is to throw your arms up in the air and consider demanding a new one be built immediately - but that would cause a big delay while they actually construct a new one to order. The repair that was done went very well (they simply replaced the pre-painted rear bumper with a brand new one) which was a reasonably simple job which of course is fully guaranteed by Volvo.

...and as luck would have it, someone drove into the back of mine much later at a faster speed while it was stationary and it had to be replaced a second time (this time on insurance at third party's cost) and still it looks and behaves brand new at the back!

Last edited by SpaceBoy42; Dec 14th, 2018 at 00:03.
SpaceBoy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SpaceBoy42 For This Useful Post: