Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Sensus V3 Upgrade

Views : 2396

Replies : 17

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 5th, 2014, 09:08   #11
SpikyTriumph

It's a MY12 according to the dealer and the vin, though it's got a 11 plate. It was somebodies Christmas present as they picked it up the day before Christmas Eve.

It's got a full Volvo history and with the "Volvo Service Promise" I'm just surprised the update hadn't been applied.

The update fixes a number of issues, improves the usability of the software and adds a couple of extra features. I just thought Volvo would be more proactive and rather wait for a customer to have problems and be a bit peeved. I'd rather a company fix a known problem (at a routine service) before they become an issue to me.

I've also had a few issues with bluetooth connectivity issues but I'm not sure if this is down to the Senus software version. I didn't have any issues with my previous car though.
SpikyTriumph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2014, 18:20   #12
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 844PHW View Post
This is my understanding of the situation: The xc60 has lots of programmable modules all with their own software. Only the safety or performance critical modules will get updated as a matter of course (and perhaps modules that are quick updates). The sensus module is (at least at present) not considered critical as well as being a large update, so only gets done if the user demonstrates that there is a fault. Some dealers might just do the lot anyway.
I would agree with you ... only 7 modules out of over 20 can be upgraded at one service session and only the factory decides which 7 will be updated , it is not under anyones control in UK . It is surprising how many original sensus systems are still working fine , so not critical .
Old Jun 5th, 2014, 23:04   #13
tickedon
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by londor View Post
Excuse me, from "VOLVO SERVICE PROMISE" (http://www.volvocars.com/uk/sales-se...default.aspx):

A FREE UPDATE OF THE CAR’S SOFTWARE TO THE LATEST VERSION IS ALWAYS INCLUDED*

At Volvo, we’re constantly developing and improving the software for our cars. This means that your Volvo can get a little better at every servicing, since free software updates are always included. Examples of functions or systems that can be optimised include air conditioning, engine and driver information.

* Applies to all Volvo models from model year 1999 and onwards, except the Volvo C70 –05, S/V40 –03, XC/V70 –00.

No matter how long it takes or how hard it is to update, your car's software HAS to be updated to the latest version FREE OF CHARGE.
It's been well discussed on here that Volvo don't seem to consider the Sensus system to come under that.

But some dealers have been willing to play ball - either off their own back, or after their arm was twisted.
Old Jun 6th, 2014, 08:37   #14
Crockers
Premier Member

My dealer MRG updates everything they can. I'm amazed others don't.
Old Jun 6th, 2014, 08:58   #15
Flux
Premier Member

Had 3K QAI earlier in the week and dealer provided me with a booklet about software updates headed 'what does it mean for you'.

This shows all the different systems that can be updated so it would appear that they will now do this as a matter of course for free at your service. It doesn't mention anything about systems being excluded.

I would hope sensus is included in any update but might be worth asking to make sure.

booklet reference number 90010713.

Last edited by Flux; Jun 6th, 2014 at 10:51.
Flux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2014, 08:51   #16
SpikyTriumph

I've contacted Volvo Customer Services over this. Just waiting to hear their response.

Next steps will be to write to David Baddeley, UK Customer Services Director to complain.

Failing that it's going to be the ASA, as Volvo's service promise is misleading advertising. I've just checked and the as it's a Volvo Selekt approved the adverts says as part of their checks they upgrade the cars software.

I was planning to get the dealer to fit front park assist, looks like I'm going to have to find another dealer for this now.
Old Jun 7th, 2014, 10:29   #17
844PHW
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by londor View Post
Excuse me, from "VOLVO SERVICE PROMISE" (http://www.volvocars.com/uk/sales-se...default.aspx):

No matter how long it takes or how hard it is to update, your car's software HAS to be updated to the latest version FREE OF CHARGE.
That text is not part of the service promise. It seems to me they do exactly what they say they will do, which is to keep the software in good shape overall.
Old Jun 8th, 2014, 18:43   #18
Voltan

I had my Sensus upgraded free of charge twice by my dealer with no quibbles about a year ago.

Once because the screen had gone blank twice on the SatNav and other functions were lost and could only be recovered by stopping the car and then restarting. This did not add any additional features.

The second was an upgrade from v2 to v3 because my map care update required it apparently. This added new functions such as the My Trip module.

Otherwise the consensus from previous discussions here was that the Infotainment system was not covered by the Volvo software upgrade guarantee.

Last edited by Voltan; Jun 8th, 2014 at 18:46.
Voltan is offline   Reply With Quote