Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 Model Year 2019

Views : 37694

Replies : 232

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 23rd, 2018, 22:02   #61
senwar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebster View Post
Good luck. I'm going to hold out for a few weeks....and although the XC40 was much better in the flesh, it is slightly too small for my needs.
Well agree with what you said. Looks a lot nicer in real life but also seemed a lot smaller than the 60. Not ideal for a family I don’t think.

However I can get a first edition in the same timescale as a 60 so going to decide over the weekend. Both great cars I’m sure.
senwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2018, 10:33   #62
Waggatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by senwar View Post
Well agree with what you said. Looks a lot nicer in real life but also seemed a lot smaller than the 60. Not ideal for a family I don’t think.

However I can get a first edition in the same timescale as a 60 so going to decide over the weekend. Both great cars I’m sure.
Great....really glad you got sorted in the end (noticed on the XC40 forum you've ordered a FE.....lovely car, I'm sure you won't be disappointed) :0)
Waggatron is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Waggatron For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 25th, 2018, 15:32   #63
senwar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebster View Post
Great....really glad you got sorted in the end (noticed on the XC40 forum you've ordered a FE.....lovely car, I'm sure you won't be disappointed) :0)
Thanks Sebster. Yes ordered the 40 yesterday. Took the wife over to the dealership as needed an objective mind and it helped. Also seeing both cars basically side by side in the colour/spec I was going for was a big big help too.

The 60 feels tons better inside, more luxurious and better materials. However the spec of the 40 was just too good to ignore. My mrs ended up helping my make up my mind by asking 'would you miss the options/extras of the 40 more than you'd miss the comfort/arm rest of the 60'. I'd miss the options far more. Only thing I'm disappointed with is it won't come with 20" wheels but they're the ones I'd have been getting on the 60 anyway.

If money hadn't been a factor, I'd have specc'd the xenium and intellisafe on the xc60 but was too restrictive on lease.

One thing is for sure, they're both seemingly fantastic cars anyway and I can't wait now.
senwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2018, 19:01   #64
Waggatron

I wouldn’t worry about the 20” wheels. If you’re leasing they are potentially a cost on return..... as it’s very difficult over three years to not have a least a few nicks here and there on the larger rims. I never go beyond 19”. Personally I think the cars ride better and I’m less likely to curb them.

I happened to be in Stockport yesterday and popped into Lookers. Brand new premises and was also able to compare 40/60/90 side by side. What struck me was what a fantastic range Volvo currently has.
Waggatron is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Waggatron For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 26th, 2018, 08:56   #65
MtillingVolvo
Sales Monkey @Volvo Npton

Quote:
Originally Posted by senwar View Post
Thanks Sebster. Yes ordered the 40 yesterday. Took the wife over to the dealership as needed an objective mind and it helped. Also seeing both cars basically side by side in the colour/spec I was going for was a big big help too.

The 60 feels tons better inside, more luxurious and better materials. However the spec of the 40 was just too good to ignore. My mrs ended up helping my make up my mind by asking 'would you miss the options/extras of the 40 more than you'd miss the comfort/arm rest of the 60'. I'd miss the options far more. Only thing I'm disappointed with is it won't come with 20" wheels but they're the ones I'd have been getting on the 60 anyway.

If money hadn't been a factor, I'd have specc'd the xenium and intellisafe on the xc60 but was too restrictive on lease.

One thing is for sure, they're both seemingly fantastic cars anyway and I can't wait now.
Glad to see you got a vehicle sorted

Main Dealer Based in Northampton
mtilling@bellsmotorgroup.co.uk
MtillingVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MtillingVolvo For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 28th, 2018, 12:33   #66
lalith16

Can someone help me by shedding more light on the following:

Heated Windscreen v. HUD - which one of these is more beneficial/practical to have? I know things/options like these are down to personal preference but I want to hear from any one who had experienced both these systems (although on different cars as one cannot opt to have both these options built into the spec, which of course would have made life easy for many if we are allowed to have both). Thanks in advance.
lalith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2018, 12:37   #67
MtillingVolvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalith16 View Post
Can someone help me by shedding more light on the following:

Heated Windscreen v. HUD - which one of these is more beneficial/practical to have? I know things/options like these are down to personal preference but I want to hear from any one who had experienced both these systems (although on different cars as one cannot opt to have both these options built into the spec, which of course would have made life easy for many if we are allowed to have both). Thanks in advance.
Hi

The HUD is brilliant, in my opinion.

What I would personally do is have the HUD and then either buy the T8 which has Pre-Conditioning as Standard or add On Call which will give you engine remote start (automatics only), so the ability to preheat the car. This then negates the need for the heated windscreen.

Kind Regards

Marc

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MtillingVolvo For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 28th, 2018, 12:45   #68
MtillingVolvo

edit: being a plonker

Old Feb 28th, 2018, 12:50   #69
lalith16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtillingVolvo View Post
Hi

The HUD is brilliant, in my opinion.

What I would personally do is have the HUD and then either buy the T8 which has Pre-Conditioning as Standard or add On Call which will give you engine remote start (automatics only), so the ability to preheat the car. This then negates the need for the heated windscreen.

Kind Regards

Marc
Thanks Marc. This is exactly what I have been thinking of doing. I have fixed my mind on XC60 D5 Auto Inscription Pro and VOC come as a standard, which will allow to do things exactly as you have mentioned in your reply, thus negating the need to have heated windscreen that comes as a standard. However, HUD doesn’t come as standard on MY18.5 and costs an additional £750 on the above trim. I have set out mysef on a mission to find out if HUD is an option worth paying extra for and in the process sacrificing heated windscreen which comes as a standard!!!
lalith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2018, 12:53   #70
MtillingVolvo

I think so... ....

Try and find a vehicle with it on and take it for a drive, that'll make your mind up.

The Following User Says Thank You to MtillingVolvo For This Useful Post: