Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 Model Year 2019

Views : 37695

Replies : 232

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 22nd, 2018, 12:53   #31
Whiterdesign
Master Member

There are no first editions XC40 left now, all sold, am also on a XC40 forum and people who have ordered in the last week are being told non available
Old Feb 22nd, 2018, 13:09   #32
senwar

Had the call - and unfortunately, Volvo have stated the MY19 PCH quote system will not be updated until the second week in March! Really??? There are a lot of unknowns in what the pricing will be as well, residuals, Volvo contribution etc.

My order has been submitted but can be cancelled - and I'm likely to do this now as don't want to go ahead with an unknown. With the price being £1115 extra I can only see a fair increase on a 24 month lease.

I now have a couple of options:

1) See if the XC40 would work - been told I can order a FE so going in to chat and look at it tomorrow. Would only do this if similar ball park figures though

2) Another dealer has phoned me this morning and said they can get me an MY18.5 for 24th April (I need one around this time but was prepared to wait a month for the MY19) with the spec being locked down 14th March. And they would match my original quote from the other dealer.

With regards to option 2 - how viable/honest is this? They did tell me this a week ago (that they had some cars coming in at end of March and 24th April) but I'd hate to cancel for this for it to not be a true/honest response?

Its not a high spec I've gone for R-Design, Osmium and winter pack. I'm leaning towards option 2 to be honest especially given the dates
senwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2018, 14:23   #33
Waggatron

https://www.xc40forums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=149

Above is a link to the XC40 thread on First Editions being sold out if interested.

Just had a twitter ping back from Volvo stating the XC60 configurator won't be updated until start of April !!!!

A P R I L !!!!!....

I had to read it twice to ensure it wasn't a mistake....
Waggatron is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Waggatron For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 22nd, 2018, 14:29   #34
Waggatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by senwar View Post
Had the call - and unfortunately, Volvo have stated the MY19 PCH quote system will not be updated until the second week in March! Really???
What a sensible business model that shuts PCP/PCH customers out for 5 to 6 weeks of the year. Volvo must be doing really well to be able to stomach that off the bottom line. How many will now seep away to X3's, Q5's or GLC's as a result?
Old Feb 22nd, 2018, 14:40   #35
senwar

Its crazy isn't it.

Surely the system can't take that long to update in this day and age. And April for the configurator? Jesus!

I'd been reading the XC40 forum earlier but the dealer said they'd got some on allocation and we'd chat about them tomorrow - was just the T5 FE they didn't have. I want the D4 anyway.

I doubt they'll match the deal i got on the 60 due to demand etc even though the FE is cheaper. But will see

My first volvo dealings this. lol. Brill.

I spent weeks debating between a Q5 and the XC60 as well

Last edited by senwar; Feb 22nd, 2018 at 14:44.
Old Feb 22nd, 2018, 14:56   #36
Waggatron

Quote:

My first volvo dealings this. lol. Brill.

I spent weeks debating between a Q5 and the XC60 as well
Stick with it. I've been with Volvo now for 8 years over two XC60's and (touch wood) neither car has ever put a foot wrong (I don't count the DPF saga on the D4's which is now all sorted) and the dealers are generally very pleasant to deal with. It is a perfect family car.

As this is potentially my third on the bounce I have taken the time to test drive the new XC60, Q5 and GLC (as I was determined to change for changes sake!).

Was blown away by how good the new XC60 was compared to my MY15 version. Was totally underwhelmed by the Q5 (and the seats where like park benches) and walked away from the GLC as the customer service from my local deal was APPALLING.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Waggatron For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 22nd, 2018, 15:06   #37
MtillingVolvo
Sales Monkey @Volvo Npton

Hi,

We have both XC40 First Edition and Changeable XC60 MY 18.5 Slots available....

Let me know if I can help...

Kind Regards

Marc

Main Dealer Based in Northampton
mtilling@bellsmotorgroup.co.uk
MtillingVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MtillingVolvo For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 22nd, 2018, 15:11   #38
MtillingVolvo
Sales Monkey @Volvo Npton

Quote:

With regards to option 2 - how viable/honest is this? They did tell me this a week ago (that they had some cars coming in at end of March and 24th April) but I'd hate to cancel for this for it to not be a true/honest response?

Its not a high spec I've gone for R-Design, Osmium and winter pack. I'm leaning towards option 2 to be honest especially given the dates
Our XC60s are showing Mid-Late April, so this is pretty viable/honest if the other dealer has availability also.

Main Dealer Based in Northampton
mtilling@bellsmotorgroup.co.uk
MtillingVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MtillingVolvo For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 22nd, 2018, 15:20   #39
senwar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebster View Post
Stick with it. I've been with Volvo now for 8 years over two XC60's and (touch wood) neither car has ever put a foot wrong (I don't count the DPF saga on the D4's which is now all sorted) and the dealers are generally very pleasant to deal with. It is a perfect family car.

As this is potentially my third on the bounce I have taken the time to test drive the new XC60, Q5 and GLC (as I was determined to change for changes sake!).

Was blown away by how good the new XC60 was compared to my MY15 version. Was totally underwhelmed by the Q5 (and the seats where like park benches) and walked away from the GLC as the customer service from my local deal was APPALLING.
Oh I will, definitely. The car totally won me over when I had it on an extended test (having had the Q5 the week before). I've had a number of Audi's and thought I'd prefer sticking with it but loved the XC60 looks. After 15 mins in the XC60 (of the extended drive) I knew it was what I wanted.

Funnily enough just before I finally made my mind up I popped back into Audi to just see what they could do (a dealership I'd bought from twice before). Was sat waiting for over an hour (in fairness I'd only popped in and the sales guy was with someone) but they never called back - I genuinely may have ordered that afternoon.

Oh - that plus I despise the stick on screen of the Q5.

It will get sorted I'm sure.
Old Feb 22nd, 2018, 15:20   #40
Waggatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtillingVolvo View Post
Hi,

We have both XC40 First Edition and Changeable XC60 MY 18.5 Slots available....

Let me know if I can help...

Kind Regards

Marc
Thanks Marc....you've always been very open, honest and supportive on this forum over the years :0)

Can you confirm that dealers can't quote against a MY19 XC60 lease until mid March?