Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Tucan 18 inch wheel

Views : 917

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 24th, 2018, 09:05   #1
nodrog1826

Default Tucan 18 inch wheel

Apologies if this is in the wrong place.

I have gone and done it, curbed a wheel on our (66 plate) XC60, its not a disaster but does not look right.

So I thought I would find out the cost of a replacement rim, without contacting the dealership, versus the cost of repair, what could be easier, well apparently it's not.

So the simple question is there an easy way to find out what width the rim is without taking it off to find the part number, or contacting the dealer.

Last edited by nodrog1826; Feb 24th, 2018 at 09:06. Reason: slight tweek
nodrog1826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2018, 10:10   #2
chrisfr

Default Wheel specs

These are the specs. Cost is £550 of your best english pounds.
Aluminium rim 7.5 x 18".
For more information about Volvo's aluminium rims, see Aluminum rims, general description.
Part. No. Description
31454628 (incl. hub cap)
Recommended accessories:
Locking wheel bolts
Facts and advantages
With a soft and elegant design this optional wheel makes your car more personal.
Technical data
Colour code:
965 (Silver)
Accessory weight:
11.8 kg (26 lbs)
Offset:
55 mm
Rec. tyre size:
235/60 R18
Photo:
Rim_TucanWidth7point5_18_R13Y
chrisfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2018, 10:33   #3
Whippy
Premier Member

Hi, what's the problem with a repair?
Whippy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2018, 18:29   #4
nodrog1826

No problem with a repair, and I am in no hurry to do either option, it is just get a new rim, fit new or re fit tyre and job done. As opposed to run round on spare for however long the repair takes, without a back up option.

Need the car 24/7, 365. for those quick sprints to the hospital with my disabled wife, it's quicker than an ambulance, and we know the drill well.
Old Feb 24th, 2018, 19:18   #5
Whippy
Premier Member

Mobile jobby? Get it done on the drive couple of hours?
Whippy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2018, 20:53   #6
chrisfr

What volvo told me when i enquired about buying the same rim a couple of months back is there is no steel rim equivalent. What that means ( they told me this ) is is you have awd and you fitted a steel rim because the depth may be different and even that small difference may damage the awd system. So of you had only a run flat to rely on that wont work as these have a small range at a low soeed anyway. You maybe best to arrange to take the car to the refurbishers after explaining the problem. Arrange to have it fixed as you wait or leave the car there and hire another one for a day. It may still be a lot cheaper than best part of six hundred pounds. A new one is five hundred and fifty plus fitting ouch! I needed one because the spec of my new car said it had a tyre repair kit. When i picked the car up it had a run flat and i was delighted. I was going to buy a rim and tyre as a spare for long journeys.
chrisfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2018, 02:36   #7
DaveNP
Non VOC Member

If it's just a bit of kerb rash and not affecting the servicability of the car you could try picking up a secondhand one from the likes of ebay. I've done it for my car and the wife's as I'd rather have a spare that matches the other 4 if I have to take a wheel off for a puncture for instance. Being a newer model it probably still won't be cheap and you may have to wait for one to come up but it should be less than brand new.

David
V70 2.5 10v Torslanda Manual 98 Sreg
DaveNP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2018, 09:07   #8
nodrog1826

Thanks for the info, it's more of an aesthetics point than unserviceable thing.

Looks like a repair job, when I get around to it, prior to the annual service in Oct. But will keep the s/h spare option in mind.

Tags
18 inch wheel, tucan, xc60