Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New to this forum and Volvo cars

Views : 1862

Replies : 34

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 21st, 2016, 13:16   #21
MrBell31

Iv just had a look at the deal given by this website you have quoted, Drive the deal. Its basically £300 difference to the car i have been quoted by Car wow!!

I am now wondering if they will come back with the correct price!! If its less than £300 difference then i would be going for the SE Nav Lux D4 AWD

Last edited by MrBell31; Jun 21st, 2016 at 13:51.
MrBell31 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrBell31 For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 21st, 2016, 15:35   #22
MikeIOW
Premier Member

I love it when a deal comes together ;-)

Do be aware that DTD will not (to my knowledge) do anything with part-ex - I thought you said you had that at the beginning, but if you don't (& I got 2x the amount offered by a dealer for my old Saab by selling privately), DTD ought to get you a nice upgrade deal there
Old Jun 21st, 2016, 15:37   #23
andymcp
Premier Member

There is a difference in the way the sites work - carwow take your spec, share it with some dealers and they bid on the day which will be influenced by how many orders they have in the bag that month, how the sales manager is feeling etc. Drivethedeal have a pre-set best price from the hungriest dealers, and that's what they offer. In my experience, dtd has been better every time, some have found carwow to offer the best deal. I've never had a carwow quote be revisited though, any time I've used it.

As someone previously mentioned you don't get to choose the dealer on drivethedeal but most have had very good experiences so I would happily use again. Personally, I printed the dtd quote, phoned the local dealer on the last day of their quarter and said I was buying the car, at my preferred spec that day either from them or online. They came back ten minutes later and matched the online price. From memory it was a total of 26% discount and that covered the car, the options and also the various accessories I added.

Mine: 2014 V60 D4 SE Lux Nav Geartronic
Mrs McP: 2013 V40 D2 R-Design Lux Nav
andymcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2016, 15:41   #24
andymcp
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeIOW View Post
I love it when a deal comes together ;-)

Do be aware that DTD will not (to my knowledge) do anything with part-ex - I thought you said you had that at the beginning, but if you don't (& I got 2x the amount offered by a dealer for my old Saab by selling privately), DTD ought to get you a nice upgrade deal there
Although DTD exclude part ex, my dealer have me a back-stop value that they would pay on the day if needed. Once delivery was scheduled I called round the cash buy websites and got around £3k more than the dealer was offering. IMHO, broker websites cut the faff - you get the lowest price on the new car, plus total visibility of the part ex value. Saves there being any hidden margin between the two (as long as you watch there's no funny business with the finance APR if you choose that route).

Old Jun 21st, 2016, 16:03   #25
MrBell31

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymcp View Post
There is a difference in the way the sites work - carwow take your spec, share it with some dealers and they bid on the day which will be influenced by how many orders they have in the bag that month, how the sales manager is feeling etc. Drivethedeal have a pre-set best price from the hungriest dealers, and that's what they offer. In my experience, dtd has been better every time, some have found carwow to offer the best deal. I've never had a carwow quote be revisited though, any time I've used it.

As someone previously mentioned you don't get to choose the dealer on drivethedeal but most have had very good experiences so I would happily use again. Personally, I printed the dtd quote, phoned the local dealer on the last day of their quarter and said I was buying the car, at my preferred spec that day either from them or online. They came back ten minutes later and matched the online price. From memory it was a total of 26% discount and that covered the car, the options and also the various accessories I added.

Hi Andymcp,

Im amazed they have given an estimate price which works out so good that it would be daft not to take the deal!!

MikeIOW yes i do have a part ex but i might just try an sell though the online people like we buy any car.com or other companies which are similar.

I really don't mind if the car comes from the other end of the UK, as long as i get brand new and is the spec i want. If i can get more for my money that's even better.

The saving your talking about andymcp is a fantastic one at 26%!! so if i get this deal emailed to me from this website i might try to do the same as your self.
When is the last quarter for dealer/steelers??
Old Jun 21st, 2016, 16:46   #26
MrBell31

Ok just had drive the deal on the phone and the price they quoted is not as good as i thought, basically comes out at £457.02 on the Lux model where as i can get the SA NAV D4 for 385.12 for 4 years with all the accessories needed.

The car wow deal cant seem to be beaten as they take off the list price 5K then take off the dealer contribution then the amount we will put towards the finance.

The drive the deal fella has taken my details of the car wow deal and will see if he can a better deal. Lets hope i get something better.
Old Jun 21st, 2016, 18:14   #27
andymcp
Premier Member

Mine was a cash buy, so finance variations didn't play a part - sounds like they have done for you. Most dealers run quarters by the calendar year, so best to speak to them in March, June, September or December.

Old Jun 21st, 2016, 20:49   #28
Dctyke
Dctyke

Very interesting reading all the specs and prices for brand new cars. I never buy new. In March I got a ten month old Volvo approved D4 SE Lux auto 4wd xc60, leather,metallic, tints, winter pack, driver pack, sensus, hi end ent, spare wheel, parking sensors, full folding front electric seat, 7500 miles. Cost £26750 which included a good trade in of £10000 for a 12 reg qashqai. I know nobody pays full price but with the options it would have cost a tad under £43000! Lots of nearly new Volvo approved cars at Volvo dealerships on autotrader. So much choice you can almost certainly find the spec as ordering a new car.

Last edited by Dctyke; Jun 21st, 2016 at 20:57.
Dctyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2016, 09:16   #29
MrBell31

Well i have tried my absolute best to get the best possible deal on a Volvo XC60 and seems like i wont get a better price than Mill in Newcastle.
I'm basically getting all of my accessories for free and a small amount off the list price.
So i have the best deal so far which is £385.12 per month over 49 months with the load compensating suspension, winter pack, front and back parking sensors and spare wheel.
Car wow started the price off at £35715 minus the 14.9% discount of £5338 which gives a total bill of £30377 then Mill have taken off the dealer contribution of £2750 and my part ex of £2500. Which means the car is worth, £25127.00 which equates to £385.12 per month with free three years servicing and a full tank of fuel as well!!

I might see if i can get a better price for my car via the car online places like we buy any car, or the other sister companies.

I have tried other dealers for the price and to see if i can get any more off or accessories added with out any change to the price but no one is budging!!

Can i just ask, does the Volvo XC60 D4 AWD SE NAV have a add blue tank? I know it has the dreaded DPF but i'm used to that from my Antara.
Old Jun 22nd, 2016, 15:30   #30
NigelDay
Premier Member

The XC60 does not use AdBlue.
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.
NigelDay is offline   Reply With Quote