Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General > PV, 120, 1800 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Amazon 131 for sale

Views : 917

Replies : 1

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 21st, 2011, 20:36   #1
stuart131

Default Amazon 131 for sale

Hi All,
it is with a sad & heavy heart I am selling my faithful friend and daily driver of 5 years, my 1970 131, 2 door amazon. Two tone, cream and rust.
Sadly she has succumbed to rust, which is in the A pillars, windscreen, inner wings, rear quarters, front crossmember, sills etc. The rot overwhelmed my efforts to keep pace so No MOT and currently SORN so you ll need a trailer.
The front wings though are nice and rust free.
On the plus side, when I put her in my garage 2 years ago the engine had been checked out by Amazon cars and I was told the compression was excellent and even across all cylinders very little valve recession (which suprised me given the miles we clocked up., also the dizzy was in excellent working order and the overdrive box spot on. I have had fitted new rad, rear trail arms, new front springs, new clutch and countless sundries. The heater is like opening the gates of Hades so winter driving was nice and toasty!
Receipts for everything during my ownership.
I have driven through baking heat and those floods a few years ago snow/ice and never broken down Its only the body that has left me having the shame of driving a cr*p plastic euro blob since then.
The red interior has headrests and is in very,very good condition. Also worth mentioning the gearbox has the short shift conversion (I think from a P1800?) which is nice and sought after.
I hope the car could either be restored by some patient soul or may be help someone keep their own faithful friend on the road. I d keep it for spares but dont have the room.
On the plus side I have accumulated a meagre Amazon fund and think I might have found a new rust free Amazon to love for less than what welding would cost (I feel like a traitor though)
If you are interested feel free to give me a shout on the forum.
Price? Im not sure, I would think the engine, overdrive box and interior would make £1100? feasible, but give me a call anyway.
Here s hoping I can be on here in a few weeks telling you about the new one (guiltily)

all the best Stuart
stuart131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2011, 08:00   #2
stuart131

Contact number for the above is 07887606790.

Price is flexible as space needed.
stuart131 is offline   Reply With Quote