Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Aux Input

Views : 1491

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 30th, 2006, 23:09   #1
stufield

I've just bought a lovely v50, very pleased with it, but I would like to find out if I can add a Denison ipod link to the Premium Sound Factory fit stereo. From what I've read there's not Aux inputs? Is this right? There are 4 amps with this pack any of these have an Aux?

Would this exlcude a mute function for a bluetooth car kit should I get one fitted?

Thanks

Stui
Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 20:52   #2
MarkE
Evenin'

Seems like Volvo didn't think anyone would want to connect anything else - they've released an iPod adaptor for the larger cars but not the 40/50.

Just bought a harman/kardon Drive+Play which comes with a wired (i.e. better sound quality and not illegal) FM modulator so that I can connect the iPod to the car. Also has its own display and controller which are less fiddly to use and you can put the iPod in the glovebox.

Mine's only the standard audio, BTW.
revotechnik SEAT Leon Cupra R...Gone
S40 1.9D (115) Sport...Gone
MarkE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 06:16   #3
unclelonghair

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkE
Just bought a harman/kardon Drive+Play which comes with a wired (i.e. better sound quality and not illegal) FM modulator so that I can connect the iPod to the car. Also has its own display and controller which are less fiddly to use and you can put the iPod in the glovebox.

Mine's only the standard audio, BTW.
Can I ask where you got it from, how much, and how easy it is to fit?
Also which iPod models it's compatible with

Sounds like it would fit my needs.

Off to check the prices off iPods in the Duty Free shops tomorrow
Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 17:43   #4
MarkE
Evenin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclelonghair
Can I ask where you got it from, how much, and how easy it is to fit?
Bought it from E-Bowl - never used them before but the service was excellent.

I haven't installed it yet but it looks reasonably straightforward. The manual states that it was designed for DIY installation but unless you're confident to pull off bits of trim panel to route cables, and do a bit of cable splicing, it's probably better to get a car audio place to fit it for you.

Quote:
Also which iPod models it's compatible with
It's compatible with all docking iPods (so I suppose it's only the Shuffle and maybe some of the really early models that it won't work with?)

Quote:
Sounds like it would fit my needs.

Off to check the prices off iPods in the Duty Free shops tomorrow
More details HERE. It's a really nice piece of kit - lots of metal used in the bases of the display unit and jog wheel so everything has a quality, weighted feel. The UK version comes complete with the FM modulator so you're ready to go.

They give you everything you might need to set it up in the kit - 3 different bases (0, 30 and 60 degree angles) for the jog wheel, cigar lighter and fused loom power cables, iPod dock lead, allen keys, mounting screws, double-sided VHB sticky pads.
revotechnik SEAT Leon Cupra R...Gone
S40 1.9D (115) Sport...Gone
MarkE is offline   Reply With Quote