Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Deadlock Problem

Views : 274

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 13th, 2019, 12:53   #1
FredGraham

Unhappy Deadlock Problem

Hi all, I apologise if this post is in the wrong place. I own a MY2006 C70 and for the third time now the passenger door deadlock has failed to disengage. Not much of an issue when I'm alone but a right pain if I have a passenger. It's been fine for a couple of weeks and stayed locked when I unlocked this morning. (Using a remote). Any ideas as to what may cause this as I'm too much of a technophobe to even consider possible causes. Thanks in advance.

Just tried it with the key, seems to have cured the problem for now but any other reasons would be appreciated.

Last edited by FredGraham; Feb 13th, 2019 at 12:58. Reason: More info.
FredGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2019, 13:46   #2
FunkyMelon
Master Member

Open the passenger door and give the big black connector behind the door (closest to the glovebox) a good wiggle.

That controls all the COMs to that side of the car, you'll likely have lost passenger window controls as well if this is the issue.

Quite a common fault on pre-facelift cars.
Old Feb 13th, 2019, 16:37   #3
FredGraham

I haven't noticed a loss in the passenger window controls, at least when operating the window with the drivers door control. What I have experienced with the passenger door is that the window drops on opening the door but then doesn't close when the door is closed. A wiggle on that "big black connector" usually solves this, eventually. I probably need to uncouple it and give it a spray with a contact cleaner.
Old Feb 13th, 2019, 16:58   #4
MDS40

Unplug it use contact cleaner then silocone.
It cured my locking and window problem and also the crazy ambient temperature readings.

Some previous cars include: Jaguar x type: Mazda 6 : Mazda 626: Ford Sierra 2.0: Toyota Celica ST 1600 : Hillman Avenger: Triumph Spitfire:
Oh and a Volvo 340 GL 1984 company car from new.
MDS40 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MDS40 For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 14th, 2019, 06:39   #5
marc
VOC Member

I kind of have a similar issue...well, in that my passenger side deadlock is literally dead and doesn’t double lock that door. I can’t remember how much I was quoted, but I was in need of a new controller, I’m pretty certain this is what you’ll need too.

C30 D5 SE Lux with added Polestar!!

C30CREW.COM
marc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to marc For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 14th, 2019, 10:29   #6
FredGraham

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post
I kind of have a similar issue...well, in that my passenger side deadlock is literally dead and doesn’t double lock that door. I can’t remember how much I was quoted, but I was in need of a new controller, I’m pretty certain this is what you’ll need too.
Similar in that it is a deadlock issue, but mine are working most of the time. It's worked as it should since I used the key to unlock the door.(Saw this remedy on another thread somewhere on this sight). So hopefully a couple of sprays will sort it for the foreseeable future.