Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC90 Isofix Child Seats...which ones?

Views : 3726

Replies : 15

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 23rd, 2006, 19:45   #1
oceanmark

Default XC90 Isofix Child Seats...which ones?

I'm after a forward facing isofix child seat for my XC90.

The britax website mention that they do one but your car must be fitted with 'top tether anchor points'...well my main dealer didn't even know what these are and as they are apparently a cost option, it is unlikely they are fitted to my car.

The infant 0+ britaz Isofix is fine...but does anyone have any advice for my 2 yr old?

btw, the reason I want isofix is so that a) it fits safely and b) doesn't ruin the seat because the current car seat has to be installed so tight is dents the leather terribly and I'm concerned it will never come out.

Any experiences welcomed...thanks.
Old Jun 25th, 2006, 22:48   #2
cx04yww

I am using two different isofix seats for my two children, One is 18 months and the other is 44 months. The younger child uses the btitax isofix duo with the optional top tether attached to the luggage retaining hooks in the boot, I dont really see the need for this tether but dont want not to use it just in case it is a safety issue. We use a Jane indy plus isofix seat which is suitable up to 12 years old, it fits great and is really good. The btitax seat needs to be fitted very tightly and does mark the leather a bit but it seems fine when you leave the seat out for a few days. The isofix system is very easy to fit and I would reccomend both seats, my wife also uses the same seats in her VW touran and again they fit fine.
cx04yww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2006, 10:09   #3
Genghis
Genghis

To be honest when you have a car and fit a baby seat into it - you always ensure it is in properly and won't move around a great deal. I have had my baby seats in about 4 cars and if left for anytime in one of the cars it always leaves a slight mark (I find leather marks worse than others). As the comment above mentioned if you move the car seat out then the effect is not as bad - but the baby ones are usually so much hassle to ensure they fit tightly then you tend to leave them in your vehicle all the time - that's when the markings start.

My Dad advised me to put down a small blanket but with a grip on one side (so the baby seat doesn't slide) and thus reduce the possibility of markings - I guess Halfords will do something like that.

Good luck!
Genghis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2006, 14:13   #4
streff
XC90

Go to mothercare and ask for a 'Neat Seat' it is a thick rubber mat it the shape of a seat it goes under the child car seat. I have twins so have two and have no marks on the seats.
streff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2006, 20:27   #5
bircham

I'm resurrecting this thread because having been transporting my 10 week old baby and a friend's 2 year old I have just been dealing with car seats in the XC90.

We have been looking for a good quality, good-fitting isofix car seat group 1 (9 months to 4 years) and we went to Halfords. The young assistant was excellent and helped us to settle on the Maxi-Cosi Priorifix.

He showed us the seat on the dummy seat in store and then took us out to our car to show how it fits. The seat has no upper tether but uses a single metal stand from the front of the seat to the floor to enure there is no raotational movement in the event of an accident. At all stages of attaching the seat to the isofix latches and ensuring that the stand reaches the floor of the car there are red/green dispalys that show you that the seat is attached correctly. The seat can also be attached using the seatbelts and to me seemed almost as firmly attached as when isofix attached.

http://www.maxi-cosi.com/

Anyway, despite the high price (£230 rrp) that was the seat we settled upon.

We have also been using the Mothercare Neat Seat rubber seat mat and it is excellent quality, thick and heavy and ensures that there are no marks left on the seat at all. It fits pefectly to both our cars and keeps my over anxious mind at rest regarding my seats.

If you are looking for a decent quality seat then try to get a look at this one.

(I don't work for Halfords, Maxi Cosi etc by the way!)

Hope this is some help,

Jon
Old Sep 25th, 2006, 10:21   #6
yatesspud

I totally agree with " Bircham" on this, we too went to Halfords and a young lad fitted a Maxi-Cosi Priorfix. It is excellent, with all the saftey features that they pointed out. As with regards to the isofix tether points, they are standard and are the little clips on the back of the 2nd row of seats with the straps lock onto. With the Maxi-Cosi Priofix, these aren't needed because of the extended leg. Hope that helps.
yatesspud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2006, 18:48   #7
wadhurstdaisy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bircham View Post

We have also been using the Mothercare Neat Seat rubber seat mat and it is excellent quality, thick and heavy and ensures that there are no marks left on the seat at all. It fits pefectly to both our cars and keeps my over anxious mind at rest regarding my seats.
Jon
Another option to prevent marks on the seats is non-slip matting which can be bought on a roll from any good caravan shop (and no, I don't caravan or whatever the verb for that activity is). My local Volvo dealer recommended this solution to me.
wadhurstdaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2007, 14:56   #8
sraper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cx04yww View Post
We use a Jane indy plus isofix seat which is suitable up to 12 years old, it fits great and is really good. The btitax seat needs to be fitted very tightly and does mark the leather a bit but it seems fine when you leave the seat out for a few days. The isofix system is very easy to fit
Sorry just a few questions.

How well does the Jane Indy fit? Does it rest correctly against the car seat or does it only rest against the headrest on the car seat. How easily could it be used on the rear seats (I guess in non ISOFIX mode)?

Actually is there any chance of a photo showing this car seat fitted.

I am very tempted to get this seat, as its the only one that I know fits. However I can't find it for sale locally so I would have to buy of the internet. I just want to be confident that it will definately fit before I order!

Thanks
sraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2007, 19:20   #9
carlhunt

Default Animations

No pictures but the Jane website has animations of all the operations.

Off to John Lewis to look at the real thing tomorrow.

http://www.jane.es/seguretat/index.p...yplusteam&id=2
carlhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2007, 11:51   #10
sraper

Yeah discovered that John Lewis were selling them last week. Took it out to the car to check the fit and bought one straight away!
sraper is offline   Reply With Quote