Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General Forum for the Volvo PV, 120 and 1800 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Amazon carpet sets

Views : 780

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 3rd, 2021, 20:56   #1
packers1712

Default Amazon carpet sets

Good evening all,

I have inherited a new never fitted carpet set with the Amazon I’ve just bought and I think it’s from Coverdale, but it doesn’t fit the car!
I’ve looked on their website and when I find the set that looks like what I have it says it’s for a 1956 - 1962 car are they different in later cars as mine is a1970?

Thanks Doug.
packers1712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2021, 21:27   #2
c1800
Master Member

VP auto parts shows 62-64 different than 65-70.

https://vp-autoparts.com/en/artiklar...-4d/index.html
c1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2021, 23:15   #3
packers1712

That will explain why it doesn’t fit then! Anyone in the market for a cheap brand new Champagne carpet set for a up to ‘64 RHD Amazon ?

Doug.
Old Jan 4th, 2021, 00:22   #4
Derek UK
VOC Member

The difference may only be the seat mounts and the front central adjuster. What differences have you noticed? Your '70 will also be a 2 door. The set you have likely for a 4 door. '56 - '62 will mean a B16 car, and they will be 4 door but I'm not sure what the difference would be for '62 - '64.
Derek UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2021, 00:54   #5
csm22

Among other differences, the later model carpets also accommodate the floor heat tunnel to the backseat area.
csm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to csm22 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 4th, 2021, 11:15   #6
packers1712

Good morning,

The main issue was that the 2 pieces that lay on the floor are positioned by the existing hole that is for the main beam switch for the front section and the handbrake lever cut out for the rear section, with these pieces positioned the carpets are short of each other under the fronts seats by about 60 - 70mm!
Also these sections have the sill pieces integrated into them and at the bottom of the A pillar where the kick panel board trims finish and the carpet starts there is another gap where the sill metal is visible!

Doug.
The Following User Says Thank You to packers1712 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 4th, 2021, 17:35   #7
Volvo_133
VOC member

Default carpets

Hi Doug,
Mine is also a 2 door 1970. I placed an order for carpets with Coverdale maybe 14 years ago during the restoration. They also were short across the car width. Across the width the carpets should come up to the alloy sill top covers at both sides and lap up the side kick panels. With the carpet fitted over the gear lever and dip switch it was obvious they would be short.
Coverdale asked me to provide drawings (where i had issues) with my owner dimensions marked on. They were helpful and did provide a set which fit quite good.
Chris
Volvo_133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2021, 23:37   #8
Derek UK
VOC Member

This company might be willing to remake your carpets. I say might as they are from a different company and might not be usable. They are not far away from you.
https://www.classicautointeriors.co.uk/services
Derek UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2021, 13:10   #9
Thowdfella
Thowdfella

Default Carpets

Mine is a 4 door 1966 122s and I had carpets made by Coverdale. Their patterns were for the early cars so I made patterns for mine and took them in as I live fairly close. They were quite similar to the early patterns and when made, fit my car quite well. Looks like the later model is different so I suggest you make patterns for your car then talk to Coverdale who are really helpful and if you suggest sending your carpets and the patterns I feel sure they will be helpful.. However, I suggest you go on their website and make sure they still have the colour of your carpet.
Thowdfella is offline   Reply With Quote