Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 MY19 Cargo Fuse Box

Views : 988

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 25th, 2020, 21:46   #1
Washwipe

Default XC60 MY19 Cargo Fuse Box

As anyone actually found the Fuse Box in the cargo area of an MY19 XC60, it isn't where the handbook says, neither is the one under the glove box. Only fuse box that is where the book says is the one in the engine bay.
At the moment I have no power for the trailer lights, I suspect that the fuse for the trailer module could be to blame but cannot find it.
The dealer is not being helpful, they are an hour away and seem reluctant to give its location but would prefer that I took the vehicle back. They have even suggested that it is a fuse.
Washwipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25th, 2020, 23:43   #2
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Here are the towbar fitting instructions that show the fuse box.
https://accessories.volvocars.com/en...XC60(18-)/2020
XC90 Inscription D5 Power pulse, 2017 MY, Savile grey, Blond Nappa, Leather dash/door tops, Walnut inlays, Dark tinted windows, Air suspension, Bliss/Cross traffic alert, Xenium/7 seat comfort/Family/Winter packs, 4 zone climate, Heated rear seats.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nu11eaf For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 26th, 2020, 15:58   #3
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washwipe View Post
As anyone actually found the Fuse Box in the cargo area of an MY19 XC60, it isn't where the handbook says, neither is the one under the glove box. Only fuse box that is where the book says is the one in the engine bay.
At the moment I have no power for the trailer lights, I suspect that the fuse for the trailer module could be to blame but cannot find it.
The dealer is not being helpful, they are an hour away and seem reluctant to give its location but would prefer that I took the vehicle back. They have even suggested that it is a fuse.
Hum - just spent 5 mins rooting around in the Right Side of my rear cargo area using as a guide the illustration on page 85 in my MY19 XC60 Manual and like you have drawn a complete blank in that the manual bears zero resemblance to what my Mk 1 Eyeballs can see. I believe that to reduce users invention in anything electrical, that this fuse box is now neatly hidden away behind the boot’s side protector skin - so any change now needs a chargeable sealer visit!
Old Aug 26th, 2020, 17:01   #4
scw

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjedrake View Post
Hum - just spent 5 mins rooting around in the Right Side of my rear cargo area using as a guide the illustration on page 85 in my MY19 XC60 Manual and like you have drawn a complete blank in that the manual bears zero resemblance to what my Mk 1 Eyeballs can see. I believe that to reduce users invention in anything electrical, that this fuse box is now neatly hidden away behind the boot’s side protector skin - so any change now needs a chargeable sealer visit!
Step #79 of that guide seems to suggest the fuse box is hidden behind an extra panel on cars with air suspension (which I assume includes yours based on the spec in your sig). I'd check mine, but it's tucked away in the garage right now.

Steve
scw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scw For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 26th, 2020, 18:33   #5
EssexExile
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washwipe View Post
That ones under the carpet! No use to you at the moment I know, sorry.
Old Aug 26th, 2020, 20:07   #6
Washwipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu11eaf View Post
Here are the towbar fitting instructions that show the fuse box.
https://accessories.volvocars.com/en...XC60(18-)/2020
nu11eaf, that’s a big help, gives me an area for a prolonged assault.
Old Aug 26th, 2020, 20:14   #7
Washwipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjedrake View Post
At least I know it’s not just me.👍

Quote:
Originally Posted by scw View Post
Step #79 of that guide seems to suggest the fuse box is hidden behind an extra panel on cars with air suspension (which I assume includes yours based on the spec in your sig). I'd check mine, but it's tucked away in the garage right now.

Steve
You are correct Sir, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssexExile View Post
That ones under the carpet! No use to you at the moment I know, sorry.
EssexExile, that’s in the memory box for anther day, appreciate your help.