Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General Forum for the Volvo PV, 120 and 1800 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo X (Pro-Touring 1967 Amazon)

Views : 85523

Replies : 626

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 3rd, 2014, 00:47   #611
Iamtheonlyreal1
Trader

There was an upgrade necessary to the lower control arms due to some inflection noticed after some of the offroad and curb experiences, but that has been taken care of with some additional bracing and better than typical tubing. Keep in mind, there was No Failures during these circumstances, only noticed area's that it could be done better.

I have offered free product/upgrades, along with partial discounts for the guys that are willing to wait for the correct product, and that has been the overall consensus. Since October, Volvo X has over 13,000 miles on it as a daily driver and track car, and I have only found everything to be spot on, other than the stated preventative upgrades..

This video is a quick run to 150mph on Street Tires to show that the car has great traction capability with the additional horsepower, but there was a slight learning curve when it comes to controlling the torque via clutch/throttle operation.. LOL If you count the utility poles during the run, they are 200' apart here, and that puts the run to about a .4 mile distance, but there will professional speed and time logging at a later date.. The GPS was also pretty slow reacting, and you will see that there is steady acceleration during the shifting pauses, especially in the 2nd to 3rd gear shift at 82mph. The car never got out of 4th gear on that run, and was very stable in windy conditions of about 20-30mph gust that day.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Here is a quick video of a test autocross run before more track time, and there is a new design front and rear sway bar kit currently being developed to handle the new performance capabilities going in and out of maneuvers. In this video, I am running a upgraded IPD Bar and No rear sway bar, and I will have some video's soon of the differences once the new front and rear sway bars are done.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Classic Auto Glass Innovations
Flush Mount Glass
Classicautoglassinnovations.com

Last edited by Iamtheonlyreal1; Jul 3rd, 2014 at 02:25.
Iamtheonlyreal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Iamtheonlyreal1 For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 4th, 2014, 23:45   #612
Volvo Canadian
Bury me in my Volvo

Hi - I'll be honest and say in my more sober moments I was kind-of glad I was finished my car when your upgrades became available, or I would have bought them. Granted, you may be right when you say all is well for all but the most aggressive driving (with a 500hp engine), but I wondered what kinds of bugs would show up. For those who have taken the plunge but not yet received the parts, I repeat: I would have been tempted too and I hope you can drive your car in the meantime. Time will tell I guess.
Old Jul 5th, 2014, 00:03   #613
Iamtheonlyreal1
Trader

Just to be clear, there was not breakage for failures at all, and the car was still being driven after the high speed off road abuse without notice, so it was really only during maintenance and inspection because it was so slight. This was a noticed deficiency due to what I am putting this car through, which is not Horsepower Related at all (Running 600+ horsepower with Instant heavy Torque). I don't think that the majority of the people will be abusing or testing their cars to this extent, but I want anyone that wants to have the capability to do so.

When I say that the normal or spirited/race driving is not a problem, I mean that daily driving and track use is fine as is, but I can see where improvements being made will ensure better Off Track Incident strength and an overall better part. How many cars can run off the track and hit a curb or large potholes at up to triple digit mph and not have some sort of deflection or flex? There is a huge difference between slight distortion and catastrophic failure, so I want to be clear on that Volvo X has never been down or immobile on or off the track due to what I am explaining here. Hell, I have already had to get my wheels straightened out twice due to the hits, and these wheels are not cheap lightweights, so I will probably need another set once the car is retired from track use. I will say this though, I have no extra bracing in the body of this car, and there isn't any flex during racing or track maneuvers. lol

Classic Auto Glass Innovations
Flush Mount Glass
Classicautoglassinnovations.com

Last edited by Iamtheonlyreal1; Jul 5th, 2014 at 01:13.
Iamtheonlyreal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iamtheonlyreal1 For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 7th, 2014, 23:16   #614
Cascadia130

I do hope Robert can clean up his mess here as well as the mess he has made in the states regarding his products. I have noted in the US there are no further postings or excuses for non-delivery in either of his threads in Turbobricks or Swedespeed forums since Mid-April.
Cascadia130 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cascadia130 For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 8th, 2014, 09:19   #615
mocambique-amazone
Master Member

I never found if Paul & Stephanie Rowlands 64 P1800 (Project Saint Marie) is finished, a customer car.
His Volvo-X Thread is still closed at Turbobricks because of sellers feedback.
I really like the stuff Robert is doing. I don't know him personally. Maybe he is a charming guy, maybe not.
One thing I know : I got a hughe lot of trouble because people deal in the same way like Robert: Got the money and delivered: hot air.
I got bank robbed because of guys who have no clue what the results of their way of buisiness are....I got money from customers to buy parts, gave the money to guys like Robert and...nothing arrived. It is like shooting with a gun with folded eyes and saying: I couldn't see the result, I swear!
Yes cascadia130, there are no further postings or excuses for non-delivery in either of his threads in Turbobricks or Swedespeed forums since Mid-April.
AND no postings that anybody got his parts.
Robert, I really like your different way of building cars. Your nick is total different to the way your buisiness is. You are one of thousands. Change your nick, or be in a way that everybody can say: This is his name, and he is really the number 1, yes!

regards, Kay
mocambique-amazone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mocambique-amazone For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 12th, 2014, 14:12   #616
MacPiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cascadia130 View Post
I do hope Robert can clean up his mess here as well as the mess he has made in the states regarding his products. I have noted in the US there are no further postings or excuses for non-delivery in either of his threads in Turbobricks or Swedespeed forums since Mid-April.
Well 2 years on and Im still waiting.........no parts...no refund
MacPiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2014, 07:22   #617
avboden

Tried to PM but I guess I need 30 posts before being able to send a message on this forum, sigh. Anyways Robert if you do see this since this seems the last place you were active, email me ASAP on the ES

-Andrew
avboden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2014, 10:11   #618
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

And still no update on the delivery of the suspension stuff. Should have been more than enough time to make the updates to an already completed system that was way late on delivery anyway.
classicswede is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2014, 02:49   #619
lukeball

Has anyone in the UK received their parts? I know time has passed, but maybe you could claim a chargeback. If you used paypal you could file it as an unathorized transaction; then they have to investigate it no matter how long ago it was.

Like someone just recently said "Too bad he is in the business of taking people's money and not deliving parts. I suppose I could build a pretty sweet car if I used other people's hard earned money to fund it." Sorta reminds me of a Pyramid Scheme right here.
1959 Volvo Amazon. Chassis #17048
lukeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2014, 17:31   #620
mocambique-amazone
Master Member

Please read and help to get Robert in responsibility or in prison

http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=301907

regards, Kay
mocambique-amazone is offline   Reply With Quote