Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Holiday website warning.

Views : 1740

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 17:10   #1
sheerwater
Master Member

Default Holiday website warning.

Just to add some life to this forum there is a website which you need to be warned about namely www.fhr.fr (french holiday reservations)
It is not a small tinpot site but a fully fledged international one. I booked a holiday through them after checking the availability on the website. I made the holiday booking by telephone. I obeyed all the rules. I offered credit card payment for the whole holiday as per the advised terms and conditions. They then changed the rules and demanded cash by bankers draught. No way , not on a holiday. They refused to cancel and have just helped themselves to £110 from my credit card.
I know what to do to get my cash back but to be honest its a pain in the butt. Be warned !!!!Cheers Nigel
PS they are still advertising availability on hotels for the same dates I was refused at certain hotels(all booked up sir) Con merchants or what.
sheerwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2002, 18:24   #2
Mav_UK

How'd the hell do they have the cheek for that! Demanding payment by bankers draught, then taking the credit card when you refused! Can you report to anyone what they are doing, or does it not count as it's in france?

Good luck getting the money back,

Stu
Old Sep 12th, 2002, 22:20   #3
Treganna

Contact your local Trading Standards people to see if anyone else has had the same problem. They might also be able to tell you the French equivalent of Trading Standards in France too.
Old Sep 13th, 2002, 08:57   #4
sheerwater
Master Member

Default RE: Holiday website warning.

Great idea being in Europe isnt it!!! Credit card company informed and I am reliably told that Visa will refund money plus fine company £35 for creating the dispute!!! Interestingly enough it was the fact that I did pay by credit card that gives me the guarantee. Imagine if I had paid by switch/delta/bank draught!!!! Cheers Nigel
sheerwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2002, 01:41   #5
mike s

"Thats why we hate the French...............!"