Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo Selekt used car event

Views : 3981

Replies : 34

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 3rd, 2017, 15:21   #21
Considered1
Premier Member

You are correct although PCP deal doesnt have to start with a big deposit, unlike PCH which does require 3 to 6 months down. All works out similar in the end though. Just remember dont load up a list of expensive options on a contract hire as you'll be paying for these for someone else's benefit as you cant purchase afterwards, at least not on Volvo's PCH you can't.

I only put down £500 deposit on PCP, I dont mind no equity in a vehicle, as I can claim % of the depreciation and finance costs for business use.
Considered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Considered1 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 6th, 2017, 17:26   #22
andrewpain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstain411 View Post
Hi all,

I have offered the following

Volvo XC60 Diesel Estate D4 [190] Se Nav 5dr Geartronic [Leather] brand new.
Winter pack, family pack, tinted windows and TFT display. In white for £29151. Based on 0% PCP for 24 months.

Is this a good deal.
did you do the deal?
I love mine....
Old Apr 9th, 2018, 08:38   #23
DeZemBer

I wonder if anyone has any insight on when will such Selekt event returning? Thanks...
DeZemBer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2018, 22:24   #24
AndyJudge
Premier Member

My favoured local dealer has it on this weekend.

I'm in the process of buying a 2015MY XC60 D5 SE Lux Nav with plenty of bells & whistles.

Oh & polestar's on offer as well so it's being done as part of my purchase.
Previous 2001 C70 T5 GT Auto Convertible - Saffron
Previous 1999 S40 XS - Silver
AndyJudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2018, 08:58   #25
chrisfr

As the thread was about used selekt vehicles i thought i would stick in my ten pence worth.
I bought a selekt xc60 2.4 d5 (220) geartronic stop start,lux nav winter, family packs, blonde leather and carpets, volvo black mats and dog guard, power tailgate,mirrors,keyless entry. Twilight bronze. July2016. - in january this year for 22k. The same model in the uk at that time a was selling for 25k plus. It was pretty much top spec,and there were very few the same standard in the uk to choose from.It had been reduced by 3k on a friday. I bought it on the monday online without seeing it as i live in France. The same car for me from a dealer in france was 46k euros. The new car market in france is similar to the uk. The second hand market is a lot more expensive. So even importing it (1200 euros registration) and changing headlights ( 1800euros) i am still saving a lot of money. The dealer , marshalls of grantham was pretty good. I was very happy with the car and it was prepared superbly. I had it serviced before collecting it( which was worth it) and the silly lifeshine treatment which was a total waste of money! The xc40 launch started the week i was in the uk to pick up the car.
I have heard stories about other people who had bought selekt volvos with mixed results. Mechanically i think its best to have an rac report although i didn't.
The timing was lucky for me as volvo was launching the xc40 and this meant they had to carry stock from the new volvo range, which meant dumping old stock. Mine was a demo,( which they still used because of the d5 220 bhp engine) and this was being replaced by a new shape xc60. It was also blonde leather and carpets which some people panic over ,but does not bother me one bit. My two english pointers are carried in the load area and are kept off the leather by the volvo factory fitted folding dog guard. ( there are a lot of farmers who buy volvos in that part of the uk and that extra was to apeal to them. The combination of the new models,the blonde leather interior, meant it did not sell as fast as the dealer wanted, hence the 3k overnight reduction.
I did my homework and new the price was right, and the other person who was interested in the car dithered and i jumped in. Anyway,back to the thread the next event will probably be when you get the next plates, which will be the trade ins coming in. Stock will need to be moved and that will lead to discounts. Its just down to wether either you or the dealer blinks first.
chrisfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2018, 08:59   #26
DeZemBer

My dealer is a selekt Volvo dealer but doesn't honor a car I purchased 2 weeks ago but haven't delivered yet to sign up for the £199 service package. Disgusting...
Old Apr 21st, 2018, 09:10   #27
chrisfr

A further point to my post, the used car market in france is so expensive because the dealers control prices. They have an agreement of minimums that cars are sold for. A bit like the glasses guide, but retail. Once you go to a dealer and get a car valued it goes on a national system. Going to another dealer will result in the same " offer" . Same with dealer sale prices. Discount events are held only twice a year. This props up the private sale car market as well. It means if you buy a new car there is not the usual depreciation you get in the uk, but this results in higher used prices.
chrisfr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chrisfr For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 21st, 2018, 17:37   #28
AndyJudge
Premier Member

Did the deal on mine today.

2015MY XC60 D5 SE Lux Nav AWD Geartronic.
Caspian Blue with Blonde leather
Driver Support Pack
Premium Sound
Rear Seat Entertainment
Winter Pack with heated screen
Heated Rear Seats
Factory Fit Dog Guard
Front & Rear Parking Sensors
Volvo On-Call
Temp Spare Wheel
Rear Privacy Glass
Laminated Windows
Keyless Entry

Got the £199 for the next 2 services deal & also treated myself to giving it a polestar map as it's on offer at the moment.

Collect the beast next Friday can't wait.

Big Thanks to Ray Chapman Motor's in York for sorting everything, well worth the drive down from Tyneside to deal with them.

Last edited by AndyJudge; Apr 21st, 2018 at 17:41.
Old Apr 21st, 2018, 22:04   #29
NigelDay
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJudge View Post
Big Thanks to Ray Chapman Motor's in York for sorting everything, well worth the drive down from Tyneside to deal with them.
+1 for Ray Chapman York. I also travel the extra mile for a decent dealership. Bye bye 'North East' dealers.
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.
NigelDay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NigelDay For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 23rd, 2018, 11:35   #30
AndyJudge
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelDay View Post
+1 for Ray Chapman York. I also travel the extra mile for a decent dealership. Bye bye 'North East' dealers.
Agree 100% there. I won't be using the well known 'North-East' dealership chain unless I'm really stuck.