Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New S60 owner

Views : 659

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 14th, 2018, 00:32   #1
Brianvs60

Default New S60 owner

So I'm a few days into my new-to-me S60 ownership. Hope it's ok to pop a few questions here?

2012, 50k kms (30k miles) SE lux, auto, sunroof, bendy lights, FSH of annual services with Volvo dealer. Really really enjoying this car, it's comfy, it drives well and I can see many years of happy motoring ahead of me!

What should I be keeping an eye on or worrying about, if anything?

Only snag so far is the one-touch (and key-activated) operation on the offside rear window.

I bought it knowing there was no spare - is this something people learn to live with, or have many of you bought spacesavers?

No coolant temperature gauge, is there a hidden menu item somewhere or do I just watch for steam?

Thanks in advance!
Brianvs60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2018, 15:51   #2
Blackout112

Default Coolant

Hi mate.

The coolant temp guage is on the left hand side of the cluster
Double check you dont have cruise control turned on as that replaces it in the display.
There are three or four cluster views if you use the rotor switch on the left stalk one of them turns the side guages off.
Blackout112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2018, 15:55   #3
Blackout112

Appolagise.
I have just woke up.
The about is for the my14 digital cluster.
Blackout112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2018, 07:55   #4
benr7310
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianvs60 View Post
So I'm a few days into my new-to-me S60 ownership. Hope it's ok to pop a few questions here?

2012, 50k kms (30k miles) SE lux, auto, sunroof, bendy lights, FSH of annual services with Volvo dealer. Really really enjoying this car, it's comfy, it drives well and I can see many years of happy motoring ahead of me!

What should I be keeping an eye on or worrying about, if anything?

Only snag so far is the one-touch (and key-activated) operation on the offside rear window.

I bought it knowing there was no spare - is this something people learn to live with, or have many of you bought spacesavers?

No coolant temperature gauge, is there a hidden menu item somewhere or do I just watch for steam?

Thanks in advance!
Welcome

Personally i dont yet have a spare but you are able to get a space saver for about £60 on ebay if you wanted one.

The pte facelift model doesnt have a temp gauge but will throw warnings all over the dash if it gets too hot, so no need to worry there!

With that milage i wouldnt have thought there would be any major issues to worry about over the next few years!

Ex-S40 Sport 2.0d with 180bhp & 300lbft
benr7310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2018, 20:02   #5
Brianvs60

Heh! No worries. Thanks for the reply!
Old Apr 21st, 2018, 20:10   #6
Brianvs60

Quote:
Originally Posted by benr7310 View Post
Welcome
Thanks!

Quote:
Personally i dont yet have a spare but you are able to get a space saver for about £60 on ebay if you wanted one.
Yeah, gonna keep thinking on it. Bootspace is limited so I don't particularly want to reduce it further - also, modern tyres are very good and to be fair of all the punctures I've had, they could all be in theory fixed by the goop.

Quote:
The pte facelift model doesnt have a temp gauge but will throw warnings all over the dash if it gets too hot, so no need to worry there!
Good to know. I'm working my way through the manual slowly!

Quote:
With that milage i wouldnt have thought there would be any major issues to worry about over the next few years!
That was my hope. A great find, glad I was in the market at the same time!