Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

is my s40 trying to tell me something?

Views : 681

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 5th, 2011, 23:39   #1
tomoco
tomoco

Default is my s40 trying to tell me something?

i work nightshift and about 3am i went to the car to get something, pressed unlock no problems but when i pressed the lock button the alarm gave me an audible beep beep then again a single beep to say the dead locks were on. tried this a few times and same again, an audio as well as the indicator flash. next night the alarm fell silent (just the flashing indicators as usual)

Did i press a button on the remote by accident or is the car trying to say something?

Mark
tomoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 05:32   #2
redguy

Yep deffo telling you something like leave me alone wanna sleep.
redguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 09:10   #3
D5driver
No Spam here

Check the doors, bonnet and boot switches
D5driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 22:58   #4
tomoco
tomoco

Smile Think ive sorted the beep beep out

Hi all and thanks for the comments. I think ive found the problem, I was right about the volvo trying to tell me something. it was saying that the battery was very low. went for a long run on saturday which seemed to charge the battery a bit and no more beeps. If it comes back again, time for a new battery me thinks (3 plus years old now)

thanks

Mark
tomoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2011, 15:08   #5
faffi
Motorcyclist

Have you checked the charging system? Low battery seems to be a signal that the voltage regulator or sum'fin is on its way south, soon to be followed by the very costly alternator that more or less burns up. Plenty of discussions about the issue here.
faffi is offline   Reply With Quote