Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Anyone insured with Directline?

Views : 677

Replies : 11

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 5th, 2019, 21:28   #1
MJLENNO

Default Anyone insured with Directline?

Hello,

My insurance is due on my car and Directline is the cheapest by a country mile, just wondering if anyone has used them as the reviews I'm seeing online about them have been mixed.

Thanks
MJLENNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2019, 22:46   #2
Darlo 1
Lunatic.

I'm with them to, never had to make a claim but they renewed my insurance with minimum fuss and were cheaper than most.
S60 D5 2004.
I vape therefore I am.
Darlo 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2019, 22:52   #3
PJordan

I've been insured with them in the past with no issues, happy with the cover and service so would recommend. This year they were my second best quote on price but decided to go with LV as slightly better this time round.
Old Feb 17th, 2019, 18:23   #4
Nuddmann

I’ve been with them a few years. Had my old V40 nicked in 2016 during a burglary. Direct Line did our buildings and my car insurance. They were exceptional. The vehicle cover had 3 weeks of hire car with it which was invaluable. Even when they’re a little bit dearer than shopping around I renew with them
Old Feb 17th, 2019, 19:01   #5
HDAV
Master Member

Been with them for a couple of years mixed reviews from people who have had to claim fortunately I haven’t.....

Renewal was steep compared to others rang up and they dropped £100 to get close enough I couldn’t be bothered to change
HDAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2019, 22:21   #6
BEJ

Wifes car has been with them for a few years now and when she had to make a not at fault claim there was no trouble at all. Can recommend.
Old Feb 18th, 2019, 07:06   #7
Worms

MJLenno, I see you are from Ardelve, so you may be interested to know that Direct Line paid out with no problems, when I hit a stag on my way to a meeting in Auchtertyre. Lost my no claims, though. Just after that, they introduced a change so that collision with a wild animal does not result in a loss of no claims. Useful in our part of the world.
Worms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2019, 13:50   #8
kenny
Master Member

We used to be with them for both cars and our house. They were always competitive and great at renewal time however we were burgled and then found their true colours. They were as bad as the burglars. Shower of horrid thieving unhelpful turds. They will never get another penny from me?
kenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2019, 19:01   #9
Austin160
Master Member

Never been with them myself, but my brother was for 21 years without claim. They just automatically renewed every one of those years, and my brother just paid the renewal premium! Yes, I know!!
He had a renewal quote for a new car a couple of years ago and their quote was c£800, whereas a comparison run I did on his behalf came to the lower £400s. They suddenly offered to reduce to c£500! ,but he decided to move away from them. Trouble was, that although he had never claimed in that 21 years, they were showing a 6 year NCB on the renewal, and the new insurers had quoted on a 10 year + claim free (which of course it was). Getting that amended?? Protracted, to say the least.
Austin160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2019, 21:51   #10
Tetleysmooth
Master Member

Try AXA.
Tetleysmooth is offline   Reply With Quote