Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General > 200 Series Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Cheap white 240 with MOT.

Views : 1224

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 14th, 2008, 18:01   #1
Suterman
240 Turbo

Default Cheap white 240 with MOT.

I am getting rid of my white GLT!!

I'm swapping all the uprated bits over to another car and replacing them with standard GLE parts, at the moment I'm planning on replacing the GLE parts bushes as they need doing (thats the reason why the GLE is off the road)

The real reason why I want to change my car is because it is a rusty 1986 (poor anti-corrosion) and is suffering. have done quite a bit of welding on it already but it needs more attention every year (or properly taking off the road and sorting out in a workshop which is something I cant do) The car I am swapping to is a 1990 and although the rear arches are a bit bad, its nothing I cant deal with and if I go mental with the cavity sprayer and oil on the new car it will hopefully last a long time.

So basically its a 1986 240 GLT, with non glt suspension, and gle headlights. its rusty and a bit tatty the engine is running great! I have already welded the sills and the boot floor.

I have photos, lots of them. I'll put them on photobucket.

I'll keep this thread updated.

Goes off to call scrapman.

Oh yeah and Banger racers need not apply as I will break it for parts before that happens.

EDIT, its not available until end of November as that when the swap is happening going to france in it before then to see Parents and fetch a lathe! The MOT is up in march 2009
1985 Bedford CF2 B230E

Last edited by Suterman; Oct 14th, 2008 at 18:05.
Suterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2008, 11:08   #2
turbotroll

Default Cheap 240

Hi,

would be interested to know more about your white 240 and could you send me some pictures? I did look on photobucket but couldn't find any? What sort of money are you looking for?
turbotroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2008, 04:24   #3
Suterman
240 Turbo

http://s521.photobucket.com/albums/w...20and%20stuff/

£150 firm

I have a chap lined up but if he changes his mind I'll post up here.
1985 Bedford CF2 B230E
Suterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2008, 15:15   #4
turbotroll

Thumbs up 240 glt

Thanks Suterman. I would be very interested. Please ring me if the sale falls through on 07792 881232. I live near Tenbury Wells, cheers
turbotroll is offline   Reply With Quote