Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

A car aimed at me?

Views : 2720

Replies : 23

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 30th, 2007, 22:33   #21
Singlofty

Default white is the new silver/red/black

mine is white metallic SE (no body kit) with quartz beige interior - seems to work for me. I wouldn't mind 18" wheels though (they weren't an option)
Singlofty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2007, 21:31   #22
mortyst222

The comparison with the C30 to the Focus ST ends once they put the engine & box in...the rest of the car bar the platform and calipers is different and fifth gear proved this, the ride and handling has nothing on the ST and the power plant is diluted some what. I liked the concept of the C30 alot but once final pics were out it just look abit of a let down.

I think Ford could have done alot more and taken a leaf out of volvo's book and made the ST abit different from the rest of the **** that comes from Ford.

I do own a year old Focus ST and love it the performance is good but not the type that blows you away(used to own a scooby) and the dash is not that bad the layout is to hand but I would have prefered the audio controls on the steering wheel rather than the cowling????not sure why they did this.

Any way im sure Ill be shot down in flames so im going to get my coat and run.

Cheers

Darren
mortyst222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2007, 02:25   #23
foggyjames
300 Register Keeper

Not at all Darren - welcome!

I was under the impression that the ST and T5 motors are identical in terms of the hardware, albeit running different software? I guess that can account for a huge difference though - sharpen the fly-by-wire throttle right up, and bring the boost in hard, and you have a different engine to the punter!

If I understood him correctly, Don of Kalmar Union was saying that once you're underneath, it can be hard to tell whether you're under an S40 or an ST...that could get confusing

cheers

James
foggyjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2007, 06:04   #24
mortyst222

I think that is the case James the floorpans are Identical so underneath would be the same but component wise I.e suspension, braking system, exhaust system and most other things are different.

Cheers

Darren
mortyst222 is offline   Reply With Quote