Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

biggest joke so far...

Views : 3081

Replies : 31

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 24th, 2007, 15:57   #21
pigapumbu
Roary The Racing Car.

I too doubt VCUK monitors or even occasionally reads this forum. if they did, they could save themselves a bucket loads of money from having to pay for market research as to why their name and customers are doing down. Heck, pay me and I can help them.

As I have said before, I tend to get a feeling from this forum that those with the nicer old volvos are happy with their character cars and spend time sharing details on how to fix this and that. The other half are complaining about the same thing but dealers are just not able to sort it out. The latter being for the newer cars.

Shandy has a point about comparing the ford and focus cause they share same platforms and some engines. So why one can do a service much cheaper and more efficiently while the other is the opposite, begs the question, have I bought the right car to keep or a mistake.

For me personally, I am borderline already. Two things worry me. Future problems that cant get sorted and once out of warranty, HUGE bills to rectify (if able to) when things go bad.

Right now I figure, I might as well go out and buy a second hand BMW M-car and live with the same fuel consumption and possible big bills to run them. My T5 is about the same. Town I get about 18~21mpg, cruise control to Bristol set at 70mph and the car gave 33.8mph and combined average is about 22~24mpg. My past V8 535i did the same but for highway driving it was much higher.

Now why did I decide on this V50? could have saved bucket loads and gone for ford. My fault for not researching better. One thing for sure though, I will never recommend a new volvo to anyone. I would steer them away. But if they talk about old volvos, then I would gladly promote it.
pigapumbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2007, 17:30   #22
shandy

I feel that everyone with a complaint should go straight to the top. Ive written to the uk Ford director and awaiting his reply. Maybe a headache from reading all the complaints will get him off his backside and sort the brand out.
Make his life hell, reduce his bonus and pension. Then he will have to work for a living rather than sitting in his ivory tower drinking coffee all day.
shandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2007, 22:44   #23
shandy

Ive finally received a letter in reply to writing to the Uk Ford director, but its from Alan Bates at Volvo customer relations!!!!
They state that ford do not become involved in the daily runings of Volvo and they are sorry to hear of my problems. They seem to support the actions of the dealer, Pilling Milton Keynes and seem to place my starting problem with me to demostrate to them. good old pass the buck.
The letter finishes of with,

" Our customer relations team would be happy to discuss any further points or concerns with you, so please do not hesitate to contact us. In addition, our dealers are in the best position to identify and remedy vehicle concerns and again i would encourage you to visit them should you have outstanding issues with your car."

If you have had any dealings with customer relations, you will find this statement a load of cr*p. They can discuss, but not resolve, thats if you can get to speak with someone with a brain cell. As to the dealers being in the best position to identify and remedy concerns, what a lie......

My issues are with a faulty car and a useless dealer. Why would i go back as they cant solve the fault the first, second, third..... times

I would strongly advise anyone wanting to buy a Volvo to stay away until Volvo show some sort of Customer care.

Im going to try and speak with Alan Bates, but if all fails, graphics will be put on the car and im going to park it outside the dealer and Volvo HQ. Ive suffered, so lets see how the suffer if sales are lost.
Old Apr 28th, 2007, 23:01   #24
pigapumbu
Roary The Racing Car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shandy View Post
Ive finally received a letter in reply to writing to the Uk Ford director, but its from Alan Bates at Volvo customer relations!!!!
They state that ford do not become involved in the daily runings of Volvo and they are sorry to hear of my problems. They seem to support the actions of the dealer, Pilling Milton Keynes and seem to place my starting problem with me to demostrate to them. good old pass the buck.
The letter finishes of with,

" Our customer relations team would be happy to discuss any further points or concerns with you, so please do not hesitate to contact us. In addition, our dealers are in the best position to identify and remedy vehicle concerns and again i would encourage you to visit them should you have outstanding issues with your car."

If you have had any dealings with customer relations, you will find this statement a load of cr*p. They can discuss, but not resolve, thats if you can get to speak with someone with a brain cell. As to the dealers being in the best position to identify and remedy concerns, what a lie......

My issues are with a faulty car and a useless dealer. Why would i go back as they cant solve the fault the first, second, third..... times

I would strongly advise anyone wanting to buy a Volvo to stay away until Volvo show some sort of Customer care.

Im going to try and speak with Alan Bates, but if all fails, graphics will be put on the car and im going to park it outside the dealer and Volvo HQ. Ive suffered, so lets see how the suffer if sales are lost.

I once wrote in some thread with reference to your problems what would the best thing to do. basically you are wasting your time. Your letter needs to go to the TOP MAN of FORD/VOLVO that is based overseas. I am not sure who it it but the CEO is your best bet. Then on the envelope, hand write Private and Confidential along with his/her name, rank and address.

This would assure only the person will open the mail and not his secretary. In it, write about your problems with the car, how you are a good supported of VOlvo in the past and the ****e customer car by every department in VCUK right down to the dealer. next although you are badly shaken by all this and your trust in Volvo is at an all time low, praise the make a bit playing along the lines how how safe, strong, nice service they used to give. Harp on the fact how safe Volvo cars are meant to be. End with a personal thank for the person reading all this and ask if there is anything the parent company can do about the CUSTOMER CARE over here in UK.

Trust me, this gets things going. I did it once years back with a three page letter to a one Mr.Bernd Pischetsrieder at BMW. And after a year of trying with the dealer principal, customer service of BMW UK, Manager of BMW UK and got NO WHERE I add,.. the letter got me a call from Bernd Pischetsrieder secretary, followed immediately by BMW AG customer care who promised action would be taken.

30 mins later, Area manager of BMW UK called me, then followed up with the owner of the dealer. A meeting made. I proved my complaint to the area manager (BMW UK) who promised it could be sorted. I then asked, what if it cant and he promised he would be to my expectation. He tried, BMW UK failed and I got a brand NEW Spanking BMW at no COST after one year. Road tax and all mind you.

Old car taken back, new one at the drive, and I got a call from BMW AG to check that I was happy and case is closed. I sent a thank you note to the CEO for putting my faith and trust back in what was the ultimate driving machine.

What have you to lose. To cut to the crap out, my advice to you is...Go all out! At this stage, nothing ventured is nothing gained and you have nothing to lose.

I am not sure how Ford USA view volvo but if it is like how BMW AG then I am sure you will get a satisfactory outcome.

sorry about the long post.
cheers
Old Apr 29th, 2007, 00:46   #25
CTCNetwork
Forum Support Team

Hi,
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigapumbu View Post
I once wrote in some thread with reference to your problems what would the best thing to do. basically you are wasting your time. Your letter needs to go to the TOP MAN of FORD/VOLVO that is based overseas. I am not sure who it it but the CEO is your best bet. Then on the envelope, hand write Private and Confidential along with his/her name, rank and address.

This would assure only the person will open the mail and not his secretary. In it, write about your problems with the car, how you are a good supported of VOlvo in the past and the ****e customer car by every department in VCUK right down to the dealer. next although you are badly shaken by all this and your trust in Volvo is at an all time low, praise the make a bit playing along the lines how how safe, strong, nice service they used to give. Harp on the fact how safe Volvo cars are meant to be. End with a personal thank for the person reading all this and ask if there is anything the parent company can do about the CUSTOMER CARE over here in UK.

Trust me, this gets things going. I did it once years back with a three page letter to a one Mr.Bernd Pischetsrieder at BMW. And after a year of trying with the dealer principal, customer service of BMW UK, Manager of BMW UK and got NO WHERE I add,.. the letter got me a call from Bernd Pischetsrieder secretary, followed immediately by BMW AG customer care who promised action would be taken.

30 mins later, Area manager of BMW UK called me, then followed up with the owner of the dealer. A meeting made. I proved my complaint to the area manager (BMW UK) who promised it could be sorted. I then asked, what if it cant and he promised he would be to my expectation. He tried, BMW UK failed and I got a brand NEW Spanking BMW at no COST after one year. Road tax and all mind you.

Old car taken back, new one at the drive, and I got a call from BMW AG to check that I was happy and case is closed. I sent a thank you note to the CEO for putting my faith and trust back in what was the ultimate driving machine.

What have you to lose. To cut to the crap out, my advice to you is...Go all out! At this stage, nothing ventured is nothing gained and you have nothing to lose.

I am not sure how Ford USA view volvo but if it is like how BMW AG then I am sure you will get a satisfactory outcome.

sorry about the long post.
cheers
Nice one.. And I concur with your methodology in writing to the top man in charge.
Not sure of the structure of the organisation for Volvo and fud mind, but I suspect that it would be the Fud Europe man that would be pretty high up in the pecking order.

However, I would suggest that the letter be marked Personal & Private, rather than Private & Confidential.
Maybe just symantecs but in many cases the PA will open all main unless personal.

Des. . .
People should not be afraid of their governments.
"He'll deliver more justice in a weekend than 10 years of your
Governments should be afraid of their people... "V"
courts & tribunals. Just stay out of his way." "I plan to."
CTCNetwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2007, 03:22   #26
pigapumbu
Roary The Racing Car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTCNetwork View Post
Hi,

Nice one.. And I concur with your methodology in writing to the top man in charge.
Not sure of the structure of the organisation for Volvo and fud mind, but I suspect that it would be the Fud Europe man that would be pretty high up in the pecking order.

However, I would suggest that the letter be marked Personal & Private, rather than Private & Confidential.
Maybe just symantecs but in many cases the PA will open all main unless personal.

Des. . .
You might be right. I hand wrote on the envelope and it got opened by the right person. Personal and Private sounds better. Oh.. and I forgot to mention, I didn't write my name or address at the back on the envelope plus I used a large envelope. Kinda like there could be some "nice" photographs in there... if you know what I mean.

cheers
Old May 2nd, 2007, 10:30   #27
GMcL
0's and 1's

Top man at Volvocars (President and CEO) is Fredrik Arp, he reports directly to Lewis Booth Executive VP of FoE.

Previous: 2005 Volvo S60 D5 Sport - 2017 Focus RS

Last edited by GMcL; May 2nd, 2007 at 10:42. Reason: Changed Volvo to read Volvocars
GMcL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2007, 17:16   #28
Chesh740R
Turbobricker

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=15713 Is my experience dealing with Pillings in Milton Keynes.

I have subsquently gone back to Bells at Bedford against my wishes for the warranty servicing, but hey with Bells Charging £200 less per service than pilling its somehthing i'll put up with until its out of its warranty period.
Chesh740R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2007, 23:20   #29
shandy

Sounds good to me if Bells are cheaper. Ive thoought of using an independant garage as long as they follow the serice guide.
Volvo want me to give pilling another attempt to fix my car. Im just not getting anywhere with Volvo UK. How many attempts should i give them to fix it. Ive now lost count.
Volvo could atleast offer me a new car if they think my faults are a one off. If the brand is so good, why dont they prove it..

Also beware. If volvo dont recognise any aditional parts that you have fitted, they will tell you that the waranty may be invalid. I think this is scare mongering so you have to buy their over price goods and services. But the dealers are quick to offer you non volvo add ons when you buy the car. IT ALL ABOUT GETTING YOUR MONEY WITH TWO FINGERS UP AS YOU DRIVE AWAY.
Old May 5th, 2007, 21:53   #30
GMcL
0's and 1's

Shandy,

As previously mentioned, write to the the top people.
You've given the dealer a chance (more than a chance from your postings), you've given Volvo UK a chance.
Write to the top folks in Sweden (Mr. Arp) and London(Mr. Booth).
If Volvo then don't come through then (by which I mean they'll probably ask you to give the dealership one more chance after a word in their ear) by all means rubbish them on this site.

Have you written to Mr. Arp and Mr. Booth ? What did they say ?

Previous: 2005 Volvo S60 D5 Sport - 2017 Focus RS
GMcL is offline   Reply With Quote