Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Vodafone 100GB SIM not working

Views : 23985

Replies : 151

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 25th, 2019, 15:48   #81
niva441

Just changed my car and got the Sim and account configured before I left. I think the main problem was the amount of time waiting for it to do nothing. Once the globe symbol actually appeared the process ran (relatively) smoothly, apart from my finger trouble re-entering the network ID and password.

Thank you to James at Bells for his assistance and patience helping me to set it up.
niva441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2019, 17:32   #82
GlenEagles

Default New Car SIM

Eventually got my new XC60 Inscription T5 AWD last week
All good and enjoyable so far.
Dealer comms have been very poor from start to present ,which included no assistance with VOC and I had to ask for the P SIM
They eventually fitted it and handed me a copy of the info sheet which is at the start of this thread.
I eventually got round to connecting the sim today which apart from the time and a couple of small hiccups was successful.

I changed the password and username but it reverted when trying to connect to my iPad so just used the original

I had to input my details twice on the Vodafone account

I used my iPad and Safari with no problem

So far so good and maybe some earlier issues now fixed
Thanks to all for the info in this thread which really helped before I got started
GlenEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2019, 11:50   #83
Begonia

Thank you to the Volvo dealership, Bells, in Northampton, for their help getting the 100GB P-SIM card to connect to the Internet.

Thank you too, to Marc Tilling, who so helpfully posts up on here.

I didn't get to meet Marc but I did meet several other very helpful people at Bells whilst getting this done and have decided to make them my regular dealership.

So that's nice.

Last edited by Begonia; Nov 5th, 2019 at 11:52.
Begonia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Begonia For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 5th, 2019, 11:51   #84
MtillingVolvo
Sales Monkey @Volvo Npton

Hi,

Glad to hear that you got on well and also glad to hear that my recommendation to come and see us has led to us becoming your regular dealership

You know where I am if you need anything

Kind Regards

Marc

Main Dealer Based in Northampton
mtilling@bellsmotorgroup.co.uk

Last edited by MtillingVolvo; Nov 5th, 2019 at 11:56.
MtillingVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MtillingVolvo For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 17th, 2019, 12:10   #85
teamie

Default Finally success!

Thought I'd just add a couple of observations since I now have managed to get the in car internet working fine with the Vodafone sim.

I followed the process detailed in Marc's link at the start of this thread. It took quite a while (minutes) before the Globe icon appeared, so need to be patient. When accessing the vodafone activation link I found that I connected fine when ommiting the WWW from the front of the address. I suspect this is because the site needs an https connection.

It may well work with the WWW included but it didn't for me. BTW I was using Firefox and I did try a few times before it connected.

Many thanks to Marc and Bells Motor Group Northampton

T
teamie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to teamie For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 17th, 2019, 14:08   #86
Mad Malc

Smile How do I get this sim card?

Sorry for the rookie question, not too up on this modern stuff but willing to learn.
Where can I get the sim and how much are they and how long do they last.

Last edited by Mad Malc; Nov 17th, 2019 at 14:09. Reason: Poor spelling, again, must try harder.
Mad Malc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2019, 22:52   #87
dchbrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Malc View Post
Sorry for the rookie question, not too up on this modern stuff but willing to learn.
Where can I get the sim and how much are they and how long do they last.
These are only for new MY2020 vehicles. You have to source your own if you have an older model.
Old Nov 18th, 2019, 17:57   #88
Begonia

Try asking Mr Tilling for one.

An SAE might go a long way towards helping the situation and he seems to me, to be a very altruistic kind of guy and, you just never know your luck......
Begonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2019, 13:30   #89
finnster

Awesome Marc!!!

Thank you so much for the info about how to set it up!

I got my car yesterday - I quizzed the dealer if they had fitted the free Sim, they confirmed they had so I went away happy.

On the drive home I wondered where all the apps were that I was supposed to have - mucked around with the system this morning when I realised that it wasn't connected - luckily I have lurked around this forum whilst I was waiting for my car to be delivered and remembered this thread.

Took ten minutes and hey presto I am connected - if it wasn't for your help I would have to drive back to Gloucester to the dealers.

Thank You!!!
finnster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to finnster For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 29th, 2019, 08:22   #90
Greenback78

Just wanted to add my thanks for this thread too. Just received my new XC60 - OnCall not set up and no SIM installed. This thread was absolutely invaluable at giving the dealer a good kicking for not setting up the car properly before it reached me. Sadly I'm not near Northants but I would like to add CarPlay and a towbar at some point so I might just make the trip so you get the business
Greenback78 is offline   Reply With Quote