Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Potential new owner

Views : 2562

Replies : 27

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 17th, 2019, 20:30   #21
volvo s60 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geordiesteve View Post
No no badge apart from D4 and, R design. I was sure it was fwd.

I know what you mean about 1 tap. Just used to it being always on with my current BMW.

Can the driver display nav be left on or does that revert back too?

Yes the nav on the driver's display can be always on. It is in the settings what you want to see ( nothing, media staff or the nav).
volvo s60 2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2019, 21:12   #22
Geordiesteve

Thanks.

The guy was spot on but I'm going to mail him and ask him to check a few facts as he said that about the AWD which I'm Al ost sure is not accurate.
He said the centre tablet could be set to nav always on in the driver profile.
He said the adaptive cruise, Lane keeping and pilot assist is not standard and is part of the same upgrade pack that the BLISS comes part of.
I was sure ACC, LK and PA were standard?

That aside I did really enjoy the drive, the cabin feels lovely and good quality, and the whole family agreed it was superior to the Merc, but I do want clarification on the above.

Thanks
Geordiesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2019, 22:46   #23
MikeGMT
VOC Member

This is the standard spec; for a V90 R-Design Plus D4 from the on-line configurator.

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/car-con...mary?s=BP29Q9P

Scroll down slightly and under Your Volvo click 'view standard features'.
Old Nov 17th, 2019, 22:56   #24
dchbrown

The D4 is FWD, unless it's a cross country. This is true in the UK at least as other countries have likely got different options.

In the UK all 90 models have Pro Pilot to some degree from 2017 onwards. Only the very early XC90 had it as an option I think. BLIS has always been an option. I know my 68 plate came with it as standard and I had to add BLIS as an option.

The nav screen always goes back to "home" on a restart and you then press the nav bar to bring the map back up. You have to press again if you want it to go full screen. The map can be displayed permanently on the dash though. Slightly annoying but I've got used to it.

Last edited by dchbrown; Nov 17th, 2019 at 22:58.
dchbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2019, 07:14   #25
volvo s60 2001

Quote:
Thanks.

The guy was spot on but I'm going to mail him and ask him to check a few facts as he said that about the AWD which I'm Al ost sure is not accurate.
He said the centre tablet could be set to nav always on in the driver profile.
He said the adaptive cruise, Lane keeping and pilot assist is not standard and is part of the same upgrade pack that the BLISS comes part of.
I was sure ACC, LK and PA were standard?

That aside I did really enjoy the drive, the cabin feels lovely and good quality, and the whole family agreed it was superior to the Merc, but I do want clarification on the above.

Thanks

If I was you, I would complain to his manager and tell him to send the salesman to clean the cars until he learn his staff!
volvo s60 2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2019, 07:57   #26
Geordiesteve

Thanks for that.
Daft question I know, but how long did it take you to get used to the screen reverting to overview?
It's just that I'm used to the 5 series where it's always on.
I liked the car a lot and want to know I can live with it.
I am pleased the driver screen nav is always on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchbrown View Post
The D4 is FWD, unless it's a cross country. This is true in the UK at least as other countries have likely got different options.

In the UK all 90 models have Pro Pilot to some degree from 2017 onwards. Only the very early XC90 had it as an option I think. BLIS has always been an option. I know my 68 plate came with it as standard and I had to add BLIS as an option.

The nav screen always goes back to "home" on a restart and you then press the nav bar to bring the map back up. You have to press again if you want it to go full screen. The map can be displayed permanently on the dash though. Slightly annoying but I've got used to it.
Old Nov 18th, 2019, 11:48   #27
MCV60
Master Member

Quote:
Thanks for that.
Daft question I know, but how long did it take you to get used to the screen reverting to overview?
It's just that I'm used to the 5 series where it's always on.
I liked the car a lot and want to know I can live with it.
I am pleased the driver screen nav is always on.
As mentioned, the central screen is one touch to display the Nav. Takes no time to get used to. As many of the functions are intuitive IMHO.

I would be more concerned that the salesman is suggesting a car as AWD when it may not be.

For specification on UK cars. Marc at Bells may help you. https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...297409&page=21
Old Nov 19th, 2019, 07:04   #28
Geordiesteve

Thanks again.

Last question then I think I'm decided!
Face lift. Sales guy said only face-lift planned is black wing mirrors black surrounds instead of chrome and different stitching around the gear selector. I'm just wanting to check this due to the misinformation so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCV60 View Post
As mentioned, the central screen is one touch to display the Nav. Takes no time to get used to. As many of the functions are intuitive IMHO.

I would be more concerned that the salesman is suggesting a car as AWD when it may not be.

For specification on UK cars. Marc at Bells may help you. https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...297409&page=21