Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Potential new owner

Views : 2555

Replies : 27

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 14th, 2019, 22:10   #11
anotherv60
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geordiesteve View Post
Thanks for that. Great in depth review.

Do you still have it/ are you still happy with your choice?
I have an Xc40 now, I would have kept the V90 had that been an option it’s a great car, there really is little to regret about it and loads of reasons to love it. I didn’t fancy having the exact same car twice so I got my first SUV, which is a different experience altogether.
Old Nov 15th, 2019, 19:17   #12
Geordiesteve

Thanks.
I'm really looking forward to taking one out on Sunday.

I'm also considering a C class AMG line estate, which I know is a smaller cabin and boot but I like the tech it has.
I do think I prefer the lines of the V90... And when I sat in it the fit and finish of the volvo looked very good, but I haven't driven them or spent time in them as such
Geordiesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2019, 20:38   #13
anotherv60
Master Member

Quote:
Thanks.
I'm really looking forward to taking one out on Sunday.

I'm also considering a C class AMG line estate, which I know is a smaller cabin and boot but I like the tech it has.
I do think I prefer the lines of the V90... And when I sat in it the fit and finish of the volvo looked very good, but I haven't driven them or spent time in them as such
Volvo offer a extended 48 hour test drive too if you want to spend more time with one!
Old Nov 17th, 2019, 13:31   #14
Geordiesteve

I'm on my test drive and I've got a quick question. Once you stop the car and restart it the centre tablet is reverting to the overview. Can I set it so when I restart it the map is displayed?
Old Nov 17th, 2019, 14:03   #15
Wizzpop
Master Member

Quote:
I'm on my test drive and I've got a quick question. Once you stop the car and restart it the centre tablet is reverting to the overview. Can I set it so when I restart it the map is displayed?
No, just press on the Map bar and it will expand. Has the car got Head Up Display, if so the map appears in front of you.
Old Nov 17th, 2019, 17:23   #16
Geordiesteve

Okay so just back from test driving the merc and the Volvo.... And I enjoyed the volvo more.

I didn't get fully familiar with the tech as I was trying to absorbe the drive, but I'm keen to know how configurable the centre tablet is?

Can you confirm if the nav screen on the central tablet. Is configurable to leave the nav on?
I'm used to this display on my 5 series which stays on when I start the car back up.

On the V90 I noticed when i had nav on and stopped the car it would revert back to the overview display on the central tablet when I restarted the car. The nav did stay on in the driver display.
When I asked the sales guy said it was configurable in the profile and the nav would stay on once configured
Is that the case?

I really did enjoy the drive. The finish felt much more solid than the merc.

The sales guy also said it was a all wheel drive.... Even though it was D4 R design. I thought the only AWD was D5, but he said from 68 on the D4 was AWD?

Thanks
Thsnks
Old Nov 17th, 2019, 19:25   #17
MikeGMT
VOC Member

Just looking on the configurator for the R-Design Plus and the T6, T8 and D5 Power Pulse is AWD, the D4 is showing as FWD and there doesn't seem to be an option of adding AWD.
Old Nov 17th, 2019, 19:50   #18
Geordiesteve

Thanks.

I was convinced the D4 was fwd and D5 AWD, but he was sure from 68 the D4 was AWD. I'm just not convinced?

Any advice on this and the configuration of the centre tablet. As I say I want the nav screen to stay on and not revert back to the overview screen.
Old Nov 17th, 2019, 20:07   #19
volvo s60 2001

Quote:
Thanks.

I was convinced the D4 was fwd and D5 AWD, but he was sure from 68 the D4 was AWD. I'm just not convinced?

Any advice on this and the configuration of the centre tablet. As I say I want the nav screen to stay on and not revert back to the overview screen.

Well I am pretty sure (99.99%), that D4 is only FWD. Does the car has a badge on the back which says AWD next to R design?

Regarding the nav it is not possible to have it expanded from the start. You are one tap away from what you want (or two taps if want it to take the whole screen).
volvo s60 2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2019, 20:11   #20
Geordiesteve

No no badge apart from D4 and, R design. I was sure it was fwd.

I know what you mean about 1 tap. Just used to it being always on with my current BMW.

Can the driver display nav be left on or does that revert back too?