Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New Owner - XC60 T4 Edition

Views : 4972

Replies : 32

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 17th, 2019, 12:19   #11
Bigyell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjhsteel2001 View Post
Picked up our Xc60 T4 edition. Although I hadn’t realised it didn’t have keyless entry....thought it was standard ?
No, keyless entry comes with the convenience pack where you also get the hands free tailgate by swiping your foot under the rear bumper. Both are nice to have options but not worth the £525 cost of the pack in my view.

Also, there is a known security issue with keyless entry where you need to shield the key to prevent a thief replicating the signal to gain entry to the car.
Old Nov 17th, 2019, 16:50   #12
CNC XC60

Does the T4 come with electric folding mirrors and front parking sensors?

I’m a little confused from reading the standard spec list for the XC60.
CNC XC60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2019, 17:07   #13
Bigyell

Yes it does. It has the base Momentum spec plus the 19” diamond cut alloys, privacy glass with chrome surround, Apple Car Play/AA and the reversing camera.
Old Nov 17th, 2019, 17:30   #14
CNC XC60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigyell View Post
Yes it does. It has the base Momentum spec plus the 19” diamond cut alloys, privacy glass with chrome surround, Apple Car Play/AA and the reversing camera.
Great thanks. I was confused as to whether the reversing camera was instead of front and rear sensors.
Old Nov 19th, 2019, 13:33   #15
CNC XC60

Any update on the mpg? Any photos? Less than a week to go until I get my XC60 Edition.
Old Nov 20th, 2019, 11:52   #16
XC60AndyH

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnc xc60 View Post
any update on the mpg? Any photos? Less than a week to go until i get my xc60 edition.
Pictures below. I've still only driven it once but wife is very happy. MPG on last 60 miles of short, local journeys is about 28mpg, which is roughly what I expected. Hope your handover goes well, I was impressed with ours. I'm sure you'll be really happy with the car.

In response to some other posts above, I also found the specs confusing about parking sensors vs cameras. Although we have xenium and intellisafe surround on ours, my understanding is that all T4 editions come with front/rear sensors and the reversing camera. Found myself zooming in on photos of stock cars to look for the sensors before I ordered ours.

I do feel that the chrome window surround and 19 inch wheels really lift the exterior vs the standard momentum.

XC60 Front.jpg

XC60 Rear.jpg

XC60 Interior.jpg
XC60AndyH is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to XC60AndyH For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 20th, 2019, 12:35   #17
CNC XC60

Great photos. It looks like excellent in Denim blue. That was the other colour I considered. The blonde interior looks great with it too. Pairs well with the denim blue. I was a bit more conservative and went with charcoal.

Interesting to note about the mpg. That’s what I’m expecting for stop start trips around town and hoping for a bit better on longer journeys.
Old Nov 23rd, 2019, 09:36   #18
Dilinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC60AndyH View Post
I was apprehensive too, but as the T5 was so powerful and T4 pulled very well in the XC40 I thought it would be fine, and it is. I'm not sure about MPG around town as we've not really used it enough yet and I only just found how to get the Trip Average rather than long-term average MPG to display. I'm thinking it will be high 20s on a shorter run.

T4 engine has 191bhp, and as it's petrol FWD it's the lightest model in the range. Honestly it has more than enough power for me and felt safe when I needed to overtake someone travelling at 40mph on a 60mph single carriageway A-road. The only thing I didn't like when pulling away from junctions, etc, was the stop-start, but that can be turned off. I used to have a Jaguar XE diesel auto which bogged down badly at junctions and this is much better than that.

As others have said, carplay is USB only. I've only tried Android Auto so far. Compared to my VW I like the fact that it doesn't take over the whole display, so you can still access parts of the Volvo system.

Thanks for the response on the child seat. They look to have done a new "i-size" version of the Romer, which looks like this:

Volvo's version (which I can't seem to find for sale online), looks like this:

It's quite clearly the same seat with a different cover.

Our little one is only 5 months but has already outgrown his maxi-cosi Rock, which he now seems too broad shouldered for. I think part of the problem is the newborn rear-facing seats are quite reclined, and hence deep. I might just need to install it behind the driver's seat. Be interested to hear how you get on with yours. Looks like the i-size version is 74cm deep; the maxi cosi base and seat are 67cm deep individually, but they overlap so I need to measure the depth with a tape measure to compare.
Be careful, Britax has 2 versions of this seat, one called Dualfix (in 2 sizes) and Swingfix.

Volvo's version is the Swingfix.

The basic difference is that Dualfix rotates 180 degrees, whereas Swingfix rotates only 90 degrees, for entry-exit of the baby.
This will not allow you to place the baby forward facing, after a certain age.
These seats are good up to 4 years old, so you would want to use it as forward-facing at some point.

I suggest going with Britax's Dualfix regular model (not M-size,which is from 3 months old).

DualFix Birth - 4 years | 40 - 105 cm | 0 - 18 kg

DualFix M Size 3 months - 4 years | 61 - 105 cm | 18 kg

I ordered the Volvo initially and had to send it back and get the Britax model direclty.

I appreciated the cloth fabric cover on the Volvo Version which was some kind of nice cool wool.
The Britax version has a more technical cover, but there are really many cover versions to choose from and that is a really safe child seat.

All the best and hope you enjoy your new car with health and joy.
Dilinger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dilinger For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 24th, 2019, 08:03   #19
XC60AndyH

Thanks for the tip on the seat. Ordered the Britax M version the other day as he is nearly 6months old now. Had noticed that the Volvo seat was advertised as rear facing and wondered if that meant it lacked the 360 swivel. Will have to see how well it fits when it arrives. They appear to sell additional fabric covers for the seat, one of which matches the blonde interior, so may consider that.
XC60AndyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24th, 2019, 10:47   #20
Crichten

Thanks for posting this Photos Andy,
Really useful to see that the Denim is a nice colour as its what mines gonna be
Crichten is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Crichten For This Useful Post: