Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC90 T8 MY2017 - not charging

Views : 5669

Replies : 13

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 14th, 2019, 16:33   #1
Mavi57

Default XC90 T8 MY2017 - not charging

Hi,

I have a 2017 XC90 T8.
My hybrid battery won't charge. The app says 'charging paused'. Pushing 'start charging' doesn't help.
The licht on the charging point on the car remains white.
Any ideas?
Mavi57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2019, 14:10   #2
Soltan

Could be a number of things, I had to have the charging module on my car replaced when it started doing that.
MY17 XC90 T8 Inscription, Magic Blue, Xenium Pack, Winter Pack with HUD, Towbar, Power Front Cushion Extensions, Massaging Front Seats,Power Folding 2nd Row Headrests, Tinted Windows, Laminated Side Glass, Amber Leather, Linear Walnut Inlays
Soltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24th, 2019, 21:30   #3
Mavi57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soltan View Post
Could be a number of things, I had to have the charging module on my car replaced when it started doing that.
Yep, it was the charger.
Old Oct 22nd, 2019, 08:20   #4
Garvan
Don't ya love driving?

I've a similar issue

Our car is a September 2018 registration.

I have the app programmed to charge overnight 12am-9am. We are on an overnight rate with our electricity supplier.

Sometimes we're up very early on a school run etc and when we come back we like to top up but when we plug in (for example at 7am) the car doesn't start charging. Even if I try to.use the app to "start charging" it doesn't happen.

The cable is new and the car is 13 months old. Could it really be the hardware?
Garvan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Garvan For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 23rd, 2019, 08:14   #5
philipe5

Default Scheduled charging

Hi
Not sure if same issue but I had scheduled charging set on my XC90T8 (Sept 18 plate) and it would charge overnight but if i returned to try and charge at any other time it failed to charge. If I tried to cancel the scheduled charge the app just crashed so there was no way to un set the scheduled charging on the volvo on call app - so sounds similar.
Anyway to cut long story short it went to dealers for 3 to 4 days - they had no idea really and the final answer came from Volvo Sweden which was to effectively delete everything from car and Volvo on call and effectively re-set as if car was new. This complete reset and delete of all data worked.
I have not had courage to reset scheduled charging due to these issues so just charge when I need to and if overnight will switch plug on manually to take advantage of cheaper elec overnight.
Hope that helps.
philipe5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2019, 12:37   #6
Soltan

Glad you got it sorted.
MY17 XC90 T8 Inscription, Magic Blue, Xenium Pack, Winter Pack with HUD, Towbar, Power Front Cushion Extensions, Massaging Front Seats,Power Folding 2nd Row Headrests, Tinted Windows, Laminated Side Glass, Amber Leather, Linear Walnut Inlays
Soltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2020, 12:15   #7
Diane H

I am new this forum as I just purchased an XC60 recharge about 2 weeks ago. The car was charging fine until last evening when I got a message that charging has paused. I have unplugged it several times but still no charge! The only thing I can see I did differently was I set up the remote garage opener. Any thoughts?
Diane H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2020, 22:55   #8
Mavi57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane H View Post
I am new this forum as I just purchased an XC60 recharge about 2 weeks ago. The car was charging fine until last evening when I got a message that charging has paused. I have unplugged it several times but still no charge! The only thing I can see I did differently was I set up the remote garage opener. Any thoughts?
maybe you initiated the time programmed loading......
Old Mar 17th, 2021, 18:36   #9
Lamby55

Charging module on my xc60 t8 was replaced today, after 2 years and 15000 miles
Lamby55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2022, 14:27   #10
aptones

My 68 plate XC90 which has literally just gone out of 3yr warranty (Feb) has just started to experience this issue.
Unable to charge, plug the cable in and you get a yellow light on the charge port and the app says charging paused.

Going to be really annoyed if the garage makes me pay for replacing the faulty part.... the car has literally sat on my driveway for 2+ years because of covid.... 14k on the clock!

Does anyone know what the warranty for the hybrid/electric parts are on Volvo cars? I know the battery has 8yr warranty, curious whether other PHEV/EV parts also have a longer warranty.
aptones is offline   Reply With Quote