Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 Rear seat split

Views : 2896

Replies : 19

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 24th, 2019, 20:06   #1
RobQuads

Default XC60 Rear seat split

Is anyone able to confirm if the XC60 is available in some countries with a 40:20:40 split? At the moment this is a real blocker for us as we need the flexibility of putting the middle section down without moving the kids car seats, baring this I would be sold on the xc60

I think the US provide the capability as there are US sites that mention it but others don't.
RobQuads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2019, 21:05   #2
HamDenFede

40:60 only as far as I know. You get a ski hatch in the rear seat though, for loading smaller long items. This fits the size of the armrest opening.
HamDenFede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2019, 09:56   #3
Haldex
Premier Member

Yeah, 60/40 only, all markets.. Same on V90/V60..

This is a real step back compared to the previous version XC60/V60 (40/20/40), as the hatch is only wide enough for a single pair of skis.. a snowboard, for eg, won't fit through..

XC90 is still 40/20/40 though..

XC40 B4 RD AWD
Haldex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2019, 11:15   #4
RobQuads

Thats what I feared - frustrating that such a thing rules it out, specially when its virtually the only one in the comparable market that does it. All the rest offer 40:20:40. In the grand scheme it can't save that much money

Our 2 snowboard bags certainly won't fit
Old Jan 25th, 2019, 14:38   #5
Quacker
Premier Member

I suggest you price up an XC90, which does have a folding centre section. You might be surprised at how little difference there is in price after discount.
A good alternative is the LR Discovery Sport.
Old Jan 25th, 2019, 15:20   #6
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker View Post
I suggest you price up an XC90, which does have a folding centre section. You might be surprised at how little difference there is in price after discount.
This ^^^
Old Jan 25th, 2019, 15:54   #7
jonnyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobQuads View Post
Thats what I feared - frustrating that such a thing rules it out, specially when its virtually the only one in the comparable market that does it. All the rest offer 40:20:40. In the grand scheme it can't save that much money

Our 2 snowboard bags certainly won't fit
I partially disagree.

In my XC60, I have the comfort pack and they included a net that divides the passenger compartment from the boot.
If you use that, you can fit a snowboard in the trunk of the car in the diagonal.
I have a Burton Flight Attendant 159 and it fits, i dont need to have a 40:20:40 division.
On top of that, you can still buy a roof mount cargo carrier if you need even more space.
Old Jan 25th, 2019, 16:12   #8
RobQuads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker View Post
A good alternative is the LR Discovery Sport.
Price wise I agree, specially as we are looking second hand. At the moment IMO the xc90 is a much better value but its just a bit bigger than we were looking for (my brother has one). I do keep flipping around as it does have the 3rd row which we currently have in our SMax but we only use that so occasionally that we decided to not have it as a requirement

Last edited by RobQuads; Jan 25th, 2019 at 16:24.
Old Jan 25th, 2019, 16:18   #9
RobQuads

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyu View Post
I partially disagree.

In my XC60, I have the comfort pack and they included a net that divides the passenger compartment from the boot.
If you use that, you can fit a snowboard in the trunk of the car in the diagonal.
I have a Burton Flight Attendant 159 and it fits, i dont need to have a 40:20:40 division.
On top of that, you can still buy a roof mount cargo carrier if you need even more space.
While I agree we could put the board in on its own diagonally (I've got a 162, wifes on a 151) once they are in bags (166) with all our stuff there is no way it fits. Especially if we went abroad with it. Yes we could do a roof rack but I would hope not to have to do that because then many of the underground carparks you can't fit in and have to find a spot in the outside ones - which is always a risk to find capacity.

The snowboard was just one example. Couple weekends ago we picked up a desk without even thinking about it and then when putting it in the car realised we couldn't have done that without having to move one of the car seats to the front, someone sit in the back on the 60 along side an existing car seat. (and thats then without isofix on the front seat too which IMO is not good)

Last edited by RobQuads; Jan 25th, 2019 at 17:01.
Old Jan 25th, 2019, 16:27   #10
Haldex
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobQuads View Post
Yes we could do a roof rack but I would hope not to have to do that because then many of the underground carparks you can't fit in and have to down outside - which is always a risk to find capacity.
Exactly. The lowest profile one I could find (the sleek and immensely expensive Volvo box https://accessories.volvocars.com/en...CC-492192/2016 ) puts the XC60 at over 2m.. That plus the fact that with the box on you have to keep it under 130km/h..

XC40 B4 RD AWD
Haldex is offline   Reply With Quote