Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Group buy for Volvotech CFE and other Volvotech products

Views : 117495

Replies : 119

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 16th, 2015, 18:31   #111
BigAl5
xc90 Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stash View Post
sorry to hijack the thread I can't send you a message yet, where did you get your carplay pioneer double din done and was it a complete ball ache ? I need a phone/ipod solution desperately (don't really fancy grom etc) ta.
It's a CarPlay pioneer sph120. Any car audio shop will supply and fit. Highly recommend.

BigAl5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2015, 09:35   #112
BigAl5
xc90 Fanatic

Default Windows 10 not recognising Volvotech special CFE cable

Hi guys,

Has anyone else had any problems getting their pc to recognise their CFE updater USB cable. As you'll know the USB cable comes in two parts.

Part A: a fairly standard USB that connect one end to your PC's USB socket

Part B: This is s special Volvotech lead (with a red LED light) which at one end connects into the above USB lead and at the other you connect the CFE device.

There seems to be an issue with Part B as whenever I connect this lead the computers says it doesn't recognise it so it won't work properly. (See photo screenshot) I'm using Windows 10 but bob at Volvotech did say it should work fine with Windows 10. I've checked and all 4 of my pc's USB sockets function correctly.

Feeling very disappointed I can't get this up and running yet. I've contacted Bob and he's going to get back to me. The Volvotech customer service has been superb but I thought I'd just ask here in case any of you had a similar issue and found a solution. Many thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (131.4 KB, 69 views)

Old Nov 17th, 2015, 16:25   #113
BigAl5
xc90 Fanatic

All up and working now thanks to Bob and Ed at Volvotech....brilliant. Bob at Volvotech used remote access in order to try and resolve the issue but in the end he asked me to return the CFE and cables to him in order to check everything out in their lab. They found that they had to modify the CFE drivers to work with my version of Windows 10. This involved sending the unit back to them for the software modification. Turn around time for this was 48 hours door to door which was great considering they are outside the UK.

The service from Volvotech has been first class and I'd highly recommend them to anyone considering purchasing one of these CFE devices.

Last edited by BigAl5; Nov 17th, 2015 at 16:31.
Old Feb 11th, 2016, 14:05   #114
ingo bingo

I can recommend the xc90 bluetooth audio adapter from these guys, mine works fantastic!!!
ingo bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2016, 10:17   #115
CLF

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingo bingo View Post
I can recommend the xc90 bluetooth audio adapter from these guys, mine works fantastic!!!
Just purchased the same, ordered on Wednesday delivered on Thursday, less than half the price of the Grom equivalent too. No steering wheel controls for track selection as you'd get with the grom, but that's not worth paying and extra £140 for.

Getting the plug out fro the existing aux connection was the trickiest bit of the install, not much room for man sized hands, ended up pulling the connector out with the cable, disconnected the plug from the aux connector and went to clip the connector back into place and dropped it deep into the bowels of the tunnel. Not a problem for me as it won't be needed again. Just be careful if you're installing yours. This probably only makes sense if you've installed one yourself.
CLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2016, 14:51   #116
tasr12

I haven't even picked up my XC90 and I'm looking at accessories! First is Bluetooth handsfree calling, will the below work on a '59 XC90 Active:

https://www.volvotech.eu/mmhu-abt?mf...-mutecables%5D

Given the Parrot Interface from Volvotech is 225euro I'm guessing it's not as simple as just the 95euro option above or can I be pleasantly surprised?! If not is a Parrot my best option, and does it need the MMMI interface I've just mentioned?

Secondly what functions will work if I get a CFE on the same model above?

Auto folding mirrors on lock?
Dipping mirrors on reverse?
Will the 'pre-warm' work with this model and if so how does it work? (excuse my ignorance but my only comparison would be a Webasto which is a stand alone addition?)

Bluetooth calling is the priority but having missed the group buy at a great price if I'm going to go for a CFE I might aswell only pay postage once!

Thanks in advance - finding the forum really useful in the run up to getting our new (to us) car.

Last edited by tasr12; Nov 23rd, 2016 at 15:07.
tasr12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2019, 12:51   #117
DJT

I'm after a CFE Plus for my 2007 XC90.
Old Jul 15th, 2019, 16:49   #118
DJT

Well thanks for the prompt reply who ever is running this! I gave up waiting and bought one anyway!
Old Jul 28th, 2019, 09:47   #119
DJT

Default Admin!

Why is this thread sticky???
No bugger even replied to my post and the last one before that was years ago!
Old Aug 31st, 2019, 00:58   #120
Harley Dave
Volvo Driver

What do you want?

Someone to say "hello I haven't got one for sale but good luck anyway"?

Or - I have a CFE (not plus) for sale - which I do

Cheers

Dave
Harley Dave is offline   Reply With Quote