Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

40 Series recalls

Views : 86065

Replies : 28

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 27th, 2006, 08:56   #11
COBRA31

the car pulling to the right never heard of tyres causing this? it could be a few things in fact:-
1. binding brake need to get the guide pins checked.
2. tracking
3. bent tierod arm.
4. bent wishbone.
5. bent hub
by the way i had all this on my 440gle hope this helps and dont take any rubbish from the the garage.
COBRA31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28th, 2006, 20:37   #12
lexsewell

Glad to hear about possible leaks.I'll be having our 03 v40 checked.
I swapped the battery out and do not have the stereo code.Can anyone help?
Old Jan 4th, 2007, 13:22   #13
samott

Default V40 Recall

V/S 40 were recalled in Denmark two years ago for the described problem !

regards
samott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 12:03   #14
Terence28

Angry

Grateful for some advice on this one.

I have a 2003 (53) S40 2.0 T Sport (not new shape). I spoke to my local dealer (Stratstone Cardiff - not impressed with them so far) yesterday about this matter and was categorically told that there have not been any recalls on my car. I really pushed this with the chap I spoke to as, according to my understanding of Bob's initial posting, my car should have been recalled, but he told me that this was definately not the case.

Can anyone help or suggest a way forward. Is the problem only with the newer shape?

Thanks,

Last edited by Terence28; Jan 31st, 2007 at 12:09.
Terence28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2007, 18:44   #15
MattySA

Default hey

I would advise you to get hold of another volvo dealer and get a second opinion . Try Tollbar Twickenham Volvo 02086140000 , thats the number and I take my car there and they are really first class. It may be along way from where you live but if your car is affected they will tell you over the phone and tell you who to go to and they will send a work order to that dealer. For a dealer to not tell you about a fault like that and it turns out there is one you should complain because thats completly unacceptable.
MattySA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2008, 18:57   #16
lenny

Default 2000 T4 front suspension recall???

Hi am new here and have bought a s40 t4 which i love but have a knocking on drivers side around suspension area. Was told that volvo recalled it which the bloke before should of done it before but i dont know what needs replacing. Had some mecanhic look over it and can't see what it is.......any help???? Thanks
lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2008, 15:51   #17
foxhole
XC90 54 plate dark green.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenny View Post
Hi am new here and have bought a s40 t4 which i love but have a knocking on drivers side around suspension area. Was told that volvo recalled it which the bloke before should of done it before but i dont know what needs replacing. Had some mecanhic look over it and can't see what it is.......any help???? Thanks
Knocking at front is often loose or worn tie bar assembly.
foxhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2009, 21:27   #18
gskm

I have received a letter from volvo about an outstanding technical update for my 53 plate V40, though it is diesel. I have no idea what it is about, so I gues I shall have to ring them

gskm
gskm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2009, 08:10   #19
Dandle
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenny View Post
Look at the upper engine mount first thet always wears out and quicker on T4s. If that's ok then look at the suspension.
Dandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2009, 00:36   #20
dunlop

Default Knocking around suspension area

Check bottom ball joint
dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dunlop For This Useful Post: