Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General > x40 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo S40 T4 CD 1997 Modified For Sale

Views : 4067

Replies : 18

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 31st, 2013, 09:02   #1
djx11b

Default Volvo S40 T4 CD 1997 Modified For Sale

Volvo S40 T4 CD 1997 Modified For Sale

Unfortunately everything has just changed for me and I had to purchase a van last night because due to work the volvo is now not big enough for me to use for my needs. Very gutted as just spent a small fortune on the car as most will know from my posts but that's life so please find the following spec of the car below. Any questions please ask. Looking for a quick sale but aren't we all.

Car as it stands has the winter wheels on at the moment but going to be changing them over to 17" alloys again so will upload new pictures once they are fitted.

Volvo s40 T4 CD model
Colour - Green
Year - 1997
mileage - 131,500
Mot - August 2013
Tax - End of July 2013
HPI clear I have a print out of that
Phase 1 - so strong forged engine
CD spec model

I have a full service history with the car most is at a volvo dealers the timing belt was done at 84,676 miles and the next service in the book is not due to 135,000 miles. After getting the car I did give it a service myself after buying it and used millers cfs 10/60 oil very good stuff and not cheap either, volvo spark plugs and fitted a new air filter.

Bodywork on the car is good condition for age no rust anywhere. There is some stone chips on the front of the car and the grill and some odd marks here and there but that is expected for a 1997 year of car.

I have the owners manual and a pile of receipts for parts I have got. Any standard part is genuine volvo straight from the dealer and there is a pile of aftermarket part as well. I will list as much as I can below I'm sure there will be something I forget

CD spec so every extra, aircon, cruise control, heated mirrors, leather seats, heated front seats, wood trim, traction control, all electrics work no faults at all with them

Comes with 2 keys and 2 remote fobs.

Parts on the car most parts I have receipts for in my folder

aftermarket parts fitted

MTE stage 2 remap - £485
Custom 3" downpipe to a sports cat and then 3" pipe all the way back to a 3.5" backbox £400 + (sounds lovely and when on boost something else)
TSW 17" alloys with goodyear tyres all round - Got 4 new tyres recently so plenty of tread left on all wheels
Set of 15" volvo spectra alloys included all with decent budget tyres (used for my winter alloys)
Custom induction cone filter inside a custom fabricated air filter box with two cold air feeds one from the foglight and the other from underneath with a fan attached that sucks in cold air as well. (keeps air nice and cool no heatsoak)
Chrome front strut brace
Chrome rear strut brace
FK Coilovers fitted car is lowered about 30mm/35mm but can be dropped up to 100mm if you want to.
Uprated IPD droplinks fitted with suspension
Led full interior lights so much brighter
Led rear number plate bulbs
Uprated phase 2 headlights with led sidelight bulbs and uprated whiter headlight bulbs to match
Top of the range pioneer headunit
Vibe 12" cbr active subwoofer in the boot with remote for adjusting it
Custom vibe bass port in carbon surround lets bass through from boot to the cabin area
Rest of speakers standard volvo ones but packs a good punch very loud al included in the sale
Flyeye kit fitted to rear lights makes then slighty tinted (all 100% legal)
Baileys twin piston dump valve & forge blanking plate fitted
Blitz boost gauge fitted in custom pod in drivers side air vent
Lights on side of car are covered in carbon fibre wrap
In the process of getting a custom 3" maf to turbo intake pipe this will be posted to new buyer once I receive it from the fabricator.

New geniune parts fitted since buying the car -

Volvo standard boost controller
Volvo spark plugs
Volvo thermostat
Volvo coolant temperture sensor
Volvo Maf
Volvo front lambda
Volvo rear lambda
Volvo rear arb bushes
Volvo dip stick
New Bosch S5 battery
Radiator bottom hose clip changed (common problem on cars so won't need doing again)

Only couple of bad points with the car is tracking needs done since fitting the fk coilovers will try and get this done in next week for new buyer and the rear lambda code light keeps popping up. The rear lambda has been replaced so not faulty and it seems to be the sports cat and exhaust that keeps tripping the light. Does not effect the car in anyway runs 100% will include a handheld scanner that clears the fault code away as well. Some slight wear on drivers seat and bolster small patch on it.

Any spares I find in my garage will come with the car if new buyer wants them.

If you would like a viewing please contact me

£1250 ono open to offers

Last edited by djx11b; Jan 31st, 2013 at 09:52.
djx11b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 09:12   #2
djx11b

Old Jan 31st, 2013, 15:02   #3
djx11b

Default New Photos

First set of photos are the car on the 17" alloys and second set is on the 15" winter alloys both sets include in the sale. Also some more parts I fitted brand new Volvo Rear engine mount and Volvo Front engine mount

Last edited by djx11b; Jan 31st, 2013 at 15:11.
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 12:47   #4
djx11b

Contact me via pm if your interested for a forum discounted price would love the car to go to someone on here or within the Volvo community so I can watch how it gets on
Old Feb 4th, 2013, 11:13   #5
djx11b

Car is going in today for a full 4wd wheel alignment and is also booked in for a full valet ready for the new buyer.
Old Feb 5th, 2013, 09:28   #6
djx11b

Price drop £1150 ono

Full Valet done yesterday unfortunately alignment not done due to being double booked
Old Feb 5th, 2013, 13:53   #7
Dream3r

Where are you about?
Dream3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2013, 14:08   #8
djx11b

I'm just outside Glasgow Scotland. But I'm driving down to get new van next to London very soon so delivery could be arranged anyway on the way down to there if needed.

thanks
Old Feb 5th, 2013, 15:25   #9
Dream3r

I'm only 100 miles or so away, hmm.

I also might know someone.
Dream3r is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dream3r For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 5th, 2013, 15:44   #10
djx11b

Just checked google maps and yeah not to far away from me. I'm willing to travel with the car for any new buyer also I will offer a discount to any forum member or through any forum member that wants the car pm me for that.

Let me know if you want any more information etc on the car

thanks james