Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New Generation XC60

Views : 34426

Replies : 446

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 7th, 2017, 14:14   #21
Smiffy555

The discounts will be along shortly I'm sure
Old Mar 7th, 2017, 14:14   #22
Smiffy555

For me - the Tiguan R Line with the 240hp Diesel will be a great car
The Following User Says Thank You to Smiffy555 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 7th, 2017, 14:32   #23
isleaiw
Master Member

I specced one to £45k - with the T5 petrol. I did similar with a new Q5 yesterday and got to within a whisker of £50k.

Looks promising and much better than the £70k plus I specced a Velar to (not like for like I hasten to add but when the toys are there you start ticking...)

for me it looks a good option but I really wanted a petrol 6 cylinder a la SQ5 or GLC43 so i am going to have to decide that the Volvo has something the others dont.... Given the reported issues with RHD conversion of GLC, the SQ5 is in a shortlist of one otherwise - and its nearer £60k with spec.....
isleaiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2017, 15:38   #24
Celticxc60

I have just specced the model I would buy at 45500. Disappointed that Adaptive Cruise control is not standard. I must say it looks good and will now wait to see one in the metal and get a test drive.
A bit concerned about the rake of the windscreen, I hope it is not too extreme which makes getting in and out difficult for us "old uns!".

Will now be interesting to see how the pricing of the existing model goes. Have been tasked by my daughter to find her a nearly new SE Lux AWD.

Once I have seen one the final decision will be made, but having given the F Pace a detailed once over, this looks to me like another winner.
Celticxc60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2017, 15:48   #25
Harvey1512
Premier Member

Just done the configurator and with little added hit £38k. A big increase from the current model and before people start shouting discounts don't forget company car people go off list price for their tax hit. The car looks lovely but they are definitely stepping up a class in cost terms. I suspect the happiest people out there are the people at Skoda HQ as the Kodiaq could pick up a lot of owners that Volvo have simply priced out. It will be interesting to see how the sales develop.
Old Mar 7th, 2017, 16:28   #26
mordred1973

hmm just spec'd Rdesign to a similar level as a XC90 Rdesign and its only about £3k cheaper on list and I know I can get £3.5-4k off the XC90. I would choose the XC90 since its same money personally and you can't even spec the XC60 Rdesign with leather
Old Mar 7th, 2017, 16:47   #27
norco

I hope they have an SE equivalent model in FWD for a lot less than the current selection on the configurator (or discounts by Christmas) or I'll sadly be looking elsewhere. One report I saw said the entry model might not get the big screen and features. Kodiaq SEL 190 AWD DSG around 33-34K is going to look attractive if things like ADC are not standard on the XC60.

Edit: all seem to have the same screens as sat nav is standard, the packs are lumping a lot of stuff together and price has increased - £450 for tints. I assume the configurator will settle down over the next few weeks so things like a spare wheel might appear...

Last edited by norco; Mar 7th, 2017 at 17:02.
norco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2017, 16:54   #28
andymcp
Premier Member

Costs aside, I'm surprised at the launch. Looks great from a lot of angles, looks a lot like a Tiguan from others, also resembles the current XC60 from some points (no bad thing).

The interior is a vast step forwards in design, although I'm not sure about the all-touch interface. That's more a pet dislike than any direct failing - I feel key functions are less distracting if you can reach for a button rather than look around a featureless screen (you always have to take eyes off the road to use).

But it's a pleasing blend of current, new and similar design cues. Overall it works and I think will have good longevity in the range, probably optimising the design in a couple of refreshes time. Price wise, its in interesting territory with a solely 4-pot engine line-up. With only a quick play on the configurator I can see there being a lot of sub £40k basic builds then a large gap in specs to those who break £40k and go for the best toy packages.

Is there a finance calculator in there somewhere to see what residuals Volvo are predicting? Those were appalling for the Velar and on top of the eye watering buy price made for horrible monthly pricing if you took a PCP or equivalent road.

Overall though, first impressions are I like it, and finally the VEA is mated to AWD with a modern gearbox.

Mine: 2014 V60 D4 SE Lux Nav Geartronic
Mrs McP: 2013 V40 D2 R-Design Lux Nav
andymcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2017, 17:17   #29
K5 Gus

Quote:
Originally Posted by norco View Post
I hope they have an SE equivalent model in FWD for a lot less than the current selection on the configurator (or discounts by Christmas) or I'll sadly be looking elsewhere. One report I saw said the entry model might not get the big screen and features. Kodiaq SEL 190 AWD DSG around 33-34K is going to look attractive if things like ADC are not standard on the XC60.

Edit: all seem to have the same screens as sat nav is standard, the packs are lumping a lot of stuff together and price has increased - £450 for tints. I assume the configurator will settle down over the next few weeks so things like a spare wheel might appear...
I think it's the digital dash that the basic one will not have, as you say they all have the centre iPad
Old Mar 7th, 2017, 17:58   #30
anotherv60
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelDay View Post
Perhaps, but I keep getting: XTS communication error
Too much (data) traffic ?
Snap! Its the same for me.
anotherv60 is offline   Reply With Quote