Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 RTI/Speed Cameras.

Views : 47384

Replies : 136

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 24th, 2009, 20:13   #1
tem
Premier Member

Default XC60 RTI/Speed Cameras.

Had my first experiance today, with the RTI software, that includes the Speed Cameras.

I did not know what to expect, as the nearest camera, is some 180 miles, from where I live.
As I approached the known location of the camera, I could not see any indication on the map (scale 1.5 miles - I think the scale has to be 1/4 mile to see them. Ok for town driving), but approximately 300 yds away, the display unit issued a "burp" and a speed camera icon was displayed, indicating the speed limit - 60 mph.

I am on my way to Austria and I am wondering what will be displayed, once I land in the Netherlands.

I will also, be keeping a look out for the signs, relating to "chains", but the area that I am heading for, is flat (30 km, South of Vienna).

Speed Camera warnings, may be old hat to some, but this is the first Volvo update, that has included them.
I am impressed.

tem.
tem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2009, 20:18   #2
NewVolvo
VOC Member

This is strange..... my RTI shows the cameras etc, but never tells me the speed. Perhaps a setting someplace?
1987 780 Bertone
Lots of previous Volvo's
NewVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2009, 20:45   #3
tem
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewVolvo View Post
This is strange..... my RTI shows the cameras etc, but never tells me the speed. Perhaps a setting someplace?
I could not find any settings for the speed camera, within the Sat Nav/RTI System, once I updated the software.

A rectangular icon appears, top, right hand corner, on the screen and within the icon, is the speed limit. The "burp", I did not expect.
Caught me, totally, by surprise.

Come, Wednesday morning, I will be in the Netherlands and will be interested, if I am told speed limits, in kmph or mph?

If I can maintain internet connection, throughout my trip, I will update, what I experiance.

tem.
Old Aug 24th, 2009, 21:29   #4
NewVolvo
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tem View Post

A rectangular icon appears, top, right hand corner, on the screen
I will check this tomorrow morning as there is a camera just outside my office and shows up on the screen just before I turn into our parking!
1987 780 Bertone
Lots of previous Volvo's
NewVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2009, 21:47   #5
tem
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewVolvo View Post
I will check this tomorrow morning as there is a camera just outside my office and shows up on the screen just before I turn into our parking!
Please keep us updated, as I would like to know what info, you get.
I am totally new, to the Speed Camera, info.

tem.
Old Jul 5th, 2011, 16:14   #6
jmills01

I've a MY2011 car with the Sensus audio / nav. I understand that the data for the nav is held on a hard disk. Does anybody know if you can get the speed camera DB on that system?

I've previously downloaded speed cameras as POIs from an excellent web site www.pocketgpsworld.com and loaded them onto my TomTom. Is it possible to load speed cams as POIs onto the XC60 system and then get warned as per tem's messages?
jmills01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2011, 18:19   #7
Chaddie
Ex Serial Volvo Buyer

I had to turn the speed camera option on, it was in Setting under Points of Interest (POI), if you have this active than it should show / warn you of speed cameras.

XC70 SE Lux D5 (215bhp) Geartronic (2012MY)
Drivers Pack, Security Pack, Winter Pack, Family Pack, Dark Tint Glass,
Active 4C, Front & Rear Cameras, DAB Radio, Spoiler & Side Scuff Plates.
Chaddie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chaddie For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 5th, 2011, 20:01   #8
polsesnabb

Default Don´t trust the satnav when it comes to speedcameras!

I have several cameras on the roads i normally drive. Some of the cameras aren´t marked even if they have been there for decades. Others are marked even being less than a year old. I have found that in average 30% (by my opinion) of the cameras aren´t marked.
polsesnabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2011, 08:49   #9
jmills01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddie View Post
I had to turn the speed camera option on, it was in Setting under Points of Interest (POI), if you have this active than it should show / warn you of speed cameras.
Nope, sadly my system doesn't seem to have that option under POI.
Old Jul 6th, 2011, 08:50   #10
jmills01

Quote:
Originally Posted by polsesnabb View Post
I have several cameras on the roads i normally drive. Some of the cameras aren´t marked even if they have been there for decades. Others are marked even being less than a year old. I have found that in average 30% (by my opinion) of the cameras aren´t marked.
... Hence me wishing to see how I can upload a 3rd party database into the system as that gets updated very regularly and is very accurate.