Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

MOT failure in great style - 3 times

Views : 933

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 11th, 2012, 20:13   #1
VolvoForLife

Default MOT failure in great style - 3 times

Hello guys

My car Volvo S60 D5 2002 have failed MOT 3 times during 1 week on the same station. 2nd and 3rd MOT was performed 8th and 10th Nov and there is 7 things making misalignment between them. I think this I scandal and attempt to racket me. It is so unbelievable that you need to see it. Is it legal and safe for me to post photos of MOTs refusal on forum shoding model, vin, make and station?

Thanks in advance.
VolvoForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2012, 20:19   #2
slipkid
T5 GRRRR

Why not take it to a council/vosa test station. Tell them why you are there and they will do a independent test. No up selling just the truth
slipkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2012, 20:23   #3
jez v40

don't they only re-test what it failed on?
Old Nov 11th, 2012, 20:28   #4
SonyVaio
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jez v40 View Post
don't they only re-test what it failed on?
01-09-06 MOT launch new re-test procedures

New improved re-test procedures will save motorists time and money, says VOSA.

Having thoroughly analysed thousands of MOT tests over a three month period, and after consulting with a diverse range of stakeholders, the Vehicle and Operator Services Agency (VOSA) will implement the following re-test procedures with effect from 11th September 2006.

Where a vehicle fails its MOT Test and stays at the Test Station in order to undergo repairs, only a partial re-examination will be required, provided the re-examination is carried out before the end of the tenth working day after the day of the initial test. This re-examination will be free.
If the vehicle is brought back to the same Testing Station by the end of the next working day for one or more of the following items only, a partial re-examination is again required and this re-examination is also free:
Bonnet, boot lid, brake pedal anti-slip, direction indicators, doors, dropsides, fuel filler cap, hazard warning, horn, lamps, loading door, mirrors, rear reflectors, registration plates, seatbelts (but not anchorages), seats, sharp edges or projections, steering wheel, tailboard, tailgate, vehicle identification number (VIN), windscreen and glass, windscreen wipers/washers, wheels* and tyres*.

LINKY! - Information obtained from here.

I'm not 100% if this is still the true up to date proceedures though. So basically a partial is only allowed once and on certain items as well as within a certain timeframe.

Last edited by SonyVaio; Nov 11th, 2012 at 20:32.
SonyVaio is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SonyVaio For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 11th, 2012, 20:29   #5
tt82
Forum Support Team

I would definately be taking it elsewhere, council as said if you can.

If it pases with no issue then report the other garage.

tt82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2012, 20:31   #6
Paffel
VOC Member

Can you post up what your 3 test results were, with the failure reasons for each?

No need to identify names/garages though - just pop the results on here and let us have a look.

Previous; '98 V70XC, '97 V40 2.0, '94 855 T5,'02 S60 D5,'97 V70 AWD,'90 740 Turbo,'97 855 T5 Auto,99 V70 10V,'04 S80 D5,'99 V70R AWD
Paffel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Paffel For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 02:22   #7
Marty Dolomite
Premier Member

There are no legal issues with posting a copy of MOT cert on the internet, you can even leave all the details shown although I would black out the car details.

As for the MOT itself I would change garages, it is very unlikely that a car could fail on so many different things within a few days. the guy that does my cars gives a fre restest if I take it back within 10 working days.
Marty Dolomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 02:30   #8
Marty Dolomite
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt82 View Post
I would definately be taking it elsewhere, council as said if you can.

If it pases with no issue then report the other garage.
If you are going to appeal you need to fill in form VT17 within 14 days and send it to your local VOSA centre with the retest fee (refundable if appeal is succesful) you can not have any work done to the car bevore it is inspected and it is advised that you do not use or drive the car.
Marty Dolomite is offline   Reply With Quote