Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Did the Scottish section ever manage to rise from the ashes?

Views : 1599

Replies : 21

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 3rd, 2003, 07:11   #11
Mav_UK

Default RE: Did the Scottish section ever manage to rise from t...

Question for you guys...

Depending on when this is would an Englishman with a Dutch V40 be allowed to join the fun? Sometime over the next couple of months I'm going to be in Saltburn (near Inverness) visiting my parents and wouldn't mind putting a few faces to names...

Stu
Old Oct 3rd, 2003, 09:14   #12
v6en
Master Member

Fantastic, the more the merrier. Dave those options sound cool, what about us all just meeting up to start with though? hard to get a chance to talk if we're going sideways round knockhill hehe.

How we work out where to get together will be interesting since we've got folk in argyll, forfar, edinburgh, coatbride, lanark and ..inverness!! i better get the map out lol.

is everyone off at weekends then? so that we can narrow it down to a saturday/sunday afternoon for instance?

jacqueline.

ps baldy, any pics of your new car? bet you're all excited.
v6en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2003, 09:46   #13
Mav_UK

Don't worry too much about making it close to Inverness - as I said it depends on if I am in the country at the time, and after driving from Amsterdam, via Leicester to get there a quick trip down the A9 isn't going to be too much of a hardship :).

Stu
Old Oct 4th, 2003, 11:30   #14
Ross9
Master Member

Definately going to need a list and a map lol.

My geography isnt that great and don't have a map to hand at the moment. In another car club I'm a member of we have meets for dinner etc, most of them tended to be in Livingston, this was accesible for the majority of people, but I'm pretty sure 90% of us who wanted to go to these were from central Scotland anyway. The place was Brucefield Farm and is a Brewers Fare, the food is very very good in it and it's not too hard to find, but then nowhere is if you know where it is already. Theres another resteraunt just at the junction you ocme off of the M8 at for this, junction 3, we met there afew times and then convoyed the 5 minutes to the brewers fare to make it easier to find, I'd be willing to do that for folk, or should I say I'm sure Jacq will, no point bringing a Rover to a VOC meet lol.

So theres Edinburgh, Coatbridge, Cocksburnpath??? I assume you investigated this jacq and thats why you mentioned Argyll as thats where it is?, Forfar.

Depending on how far Forfar and Cocksburnpath are from Livingston it could be a viable venue. There is also a good Brewers Fare in Perth we went to once, though I can't remember how to get there, cracking road back from there to Glasgow though, just watch for the speed cameras dotted along it.

Cocksburnpath is a good juant along the A1 then and aroudn Edinburgh onto the M8, how long would this take you Migrator? and would it be acceptable fuel wise, looks like the closest to you the meet could be had would be Edinburgh, the Perth one I mentioned is a fair bit further afield. And the guy from Forfar will have a long treck down to Edinburgh, Livingston, but not so bad if it was in perth. Argyll is a decent drive as well across from the west Coast.

Looks like the meet will involve a decent drive for all then to be fair on everyone, unless Highlander wouldnt mind a spirited treck down to Edinburgh area where most people seem to be accesible from, you tend to find Edinburgh ish is a safe bet for the majority of people, would take say 10 mins at a cruise from Edinburgh outskirts to the M8 junct 3 for the livi meet up.

Mull on that then people, would be cool to attend a meet with some different faces etc. Hope I've been of some help. Obviously other locations may pop up, and it'll then be a case of finding someone localish to them to point out where the good food is to be found in them.

Ross
Old Oct 4th, 2003, 16:26   #15
v6en
Master Member

Default sunday 19th of october?

Are people going to be available that day?

jacqueline.
Old Oct 5th, 2003, 17:22   #16
migrator
Aye - him again

Default RE: sunday 19th of october?

OK - I give in. I'll make it a family day out. See you there.

(Ouch - that's another knuckle ...)
VOC 11817
migrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2003, 20:57   #17
v6en
Master Member

Default RE: sunday 19th of october?

That's great! see you and family there :)

jacqueline
Old Oct 6th, 2003, 07:19   #18
Mav_UK

Definately before my visit. So enjoy all, and as I said to the guys going to the santa pod thing, make sure you get pics...

Stu
Old Oct 6th, 2003, 16:03   #19
exley

Default RE: Did the Scottish section ever manage to rise from the ashes?

So where were all these enthusiasts in Scotland when Kevin and team tried to have an AGM in the spring at Stirling?, and when we had a meeting at East Fortune (East Lothian for the geographically disadvantaged), was it 3 cars turned up?, and at Callander when there was a reasonable turn out?
Can we expect you all to turn up to the next AGM, or are you all forming a break away group?
I despair, as no doubt does Kevin.

Quentin (Berwickshire)
Old Oct 6th, 2003, 19:44   #20
v6en
Master Member

Default RE: Did the Scottish section ever manage to rise from the ashes?

well i'm hoping for the best, and kevin kindly said he would have come but for a prior engagement so..... :-)