Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General Forum for the Volvo PV, 120 and 1800 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Plywood Package Tray

Views : 1141

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 31st, 2018, 19:56   #1
Vintagewrench

Default Plywood Package Tray

Preparing to make a new two-piece plywood package tray behind the rear seat for my '67 1800s. Looking for someone who may have an original or a reproduced tray with the correct sizes for dimensions. I need the exact length and width of the two wooden pieces, #59 in the drawing. Thanks in advance if you are willing to help.

Also looking for one bracket with caged nuts as shown in the photo below of a 1800E coupe showing one on both sides if anyone in the US has an extra. These pieces appear to be the same from the beginning of the 1800s production run and up on thru to the last 1800E coupes.

Vintagewrench is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vintagewrench For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 8th, 2018, 12:58   #2
Vintagewrench

Bump.

Thanks in advance to anyone out there who is will to help with these measurements. Photo of the car taken last fall is included.

Last edited by Vintagewrench; Apr 8th, 2018 at 13:04.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vintagewrench For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 8th, 2018, 18:32   #3
Ron Kwas
Premier Member

VW;

Nice car...sorry I can't help with the dimensions you need...I don't have an 1800 with diassembled interior at the moment...but Don Thibault on Cape Cod (1800.com) might...

Good Hunting!
Ron Kwas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2018, 11:24   #4
Vintagewrench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Kwas View Post
VW;

Nice car...sorry I can't help with the dimensions you need...I don't have an 1800 with diassembled interior at the moment...but Don Thibault on Cape Cod (1800.com) might...

Good Hunting!
Thanks for the reply.
Old Apr 16th, 2018, 22:29   #5
chrsvo

I just replaced mine, I‘ll give you measures tomorrow. Regards
chrsvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2018, 13:23   #6
fishyboy

Hi
I don't have the dimensions, but came across the Youtube video of package tray the being replaced that might be of interest (never found part 2)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UO33ECghUg4

Phil
fishyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2018, 19:40   #7
chrsvo

Took a bit longer than expected. Hope this helps

Attached Images
File Type: jpg p1800-package-tray.jpg (54.7 KB, 76 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf p1800-package-tray.pdf (54.4 KB, 8 views)
chrsvo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chrsvo For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 19th, 2018, 12:01   #8
Vintagewrench

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrsvo View Post
I just replaced mine, I‘ll give you measures tomorrow. Regards
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishyboy View Post
Hi
I don't have the dimensions, but came across the Youtube video of package tray the being replaced that might be of interest (never found part 2)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UO33ECghUg4

Phil
Thanks to both of you for your help with this, I will be starting and this shortly.
Old Jun 11th, 2018, 18:35   #9
Vintagewrench

Was able to get another smaller job almost finished over the weekend. The previous owner of the 1800s had removed the original package tray and rear seat backing and replaced it with a taller one to showcase a set of speakers for an added sound system.

After getting the original Volvo optional AM-FM mono radio rebuilt and restored, a correct new plywood rear seat back and package tray was in order. Using the original carpet that covers this area and a scaled drawing seen above with dimensions supplied thanks to chrsvo I was able to convert the measurements into inch size and fab the two pieces out of the correct-sized 3/8" thick plywood.

The photo shows it installed in place to check the fit. Two machine screws hold and locate the bottom piece in place on two brackets and on either side are four wood nuts that the folding seat back hinges attach to. The top piece is held in place by four machine screws and the chromed pieces that hold the leather luggage straps used when the seat back is down attach to a pair of brackets w/caged nuts are under this piece of wood.

A few details still need finishing and at this point either a rare period Blaupunkt speaker and housing or the original Volvo speaker and the grille seen on the top will be used. The car still has all of its original carpeting is in good condition and the piece that covers this will be re-installed.