Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Trader's Offers & Discounts

Notices

Trader's Offers & Discounts A forum for discussing special offers that are available to VOC or Forum members. Commercial organisations must first seek permission to post details of products.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Genuine Volvo and Polestar Parts at Low Prices!

Views : 6259

Replies : 19

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 24th, 2017, 21:19   #11
dmcwe

Hi, can I give a plug for Elk Performance. My Mrs was in need of a door mirror cover and I can say they were very helpful and speedy with their response to my emails. I confirmed the order on Saturday morning and it arrived in Warwickshire this morning. Well done.
dmcwe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dmcwe For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 4th, 2017, 12:05   #12
Ianfromnotts

Inspired by the glowing feedback from other users I thought ELF performance was the way to go but ended up using the main dealers via ebay. ELF prices were comparable, marginally higher than the bay but lower than RUFE, I was happy to pay a small price premium to support and independent and get more personal service but, unfortunately things didnt go at all I expected.

I emailed to their advertised address at 11:05 am on Wedneday but got no reply, the next day I used their web site contact form 08:40 am and they replied at 09:26 saying didnt recieve my orginal enquiry and would get back to me with prices later that day. I recieved the price information at 18:37 pm.

In all honesty by this point I was leaning towards using the bay but wanting the parts quickly thought they still offered the best option. I phoned in but the call went to voice mail. I left a message which was replied to quickly.

They thought they could ship today, Friday for delivery on Monday, but couldnt take telephone payments but said their system generated an invoice with on line payment options and I needed to use their on line form to send my address details. I rekeyed all the information again and the invoice arrived quickly BUT ..........

Online payments took me to "transfer wise" an international money transfer portal where I was told a 50p fee applied, which looked to be for currency exchange/transfer but I had to register before I could use the service.

I duly registered and waited for the verification email. I followed the link to verfiy. Next I followed the orginal link to payment but the link failed, I tried again and was presented with 3 payment options, payment by credit card added an extra charged of 57p, on top of the 50p transfer charge,

When I selected the credit card option (for the benefit of the additional protection it offers) and typed in all the card information a warning came up saying that using the card type I had selected (Visa Credit) may lead to additional charges being levied by my bank. It didnt specify what these were or how much they might be.

By now I had had enough I wasnt prepared to risk additional unspecified charges and the whole buying exoerience had been frustrating so I phoned up cancelled the order and placed it via the bay.

PS: I have now looked into what the additional fees might and from the Transfer Wise web site

"Occasionally, your bank might charge you an extra fee for a card payment, because they treat it as a 'cash withdrawal'. This normally only applies to credit cards, but could be any card, so it's worth checking with your bank if you're unsure about this"

My bank charges 2.5% with a minmum charge of £3 for credit card cash withdrawals.

Last edited by Ianfromnotts; Aug 4th, 2017 at 12:39. Reason: added post script
Ianfromnotts is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ianfromnotts For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 5th, 2017, 10:38   #13
Elk Performance
Trader

As discussed over the phone yesterday, we apologise that our service fell short of your expectations on this occasion.

We've found that Transferwise offers a convenient payment portal for both our UK and International customers. We have not had any issues whatsoever with Transferwise (unlike some other online / phone payment companies) and have raised the matter of the "currency exchange" which you mentioned by phone, with them, and hope to get some clarification - thank you for bringing that to our attention.
Elk Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2017, 11:50   #14
Ianfromnotts

I looked into the costs in more detail after our conversation and I now believe the third charge related to the system treating my purchase as a credit card cash withdrawal rather than payment for goods and services. I no longer think it was a currency exchange fee.
Ianfromnotts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2018, 20:26   #15
Elk Performance
Trader

Volvo XC90 Brake Discs and Pads Offer

We currently have the following offer on Genuine Volvo brake discs and pads for MY2002 – MY2013 XC90s with 17.5” Factory Fitted Front Discs:

Front Brake Discs and Pad Kit
Retail Price £320.40
Our Price £165*

Rear Brake Discs and Pad Kit
Retail Price £243
Our Price £125*

*Prices quoted include VAT and Courier Delivery, and are for a limited time period whilst stocks last.
Old Jul 20th, 2018, 19:12   #16
PSJ 63

Unhappy XC90 car alarm siren

Hi

Ive got the dreaded message on the dash car alarm service which usually means a new module under the front wing. Could you provide a cost for the unit please , It’s a 2005 SE model with a 185bhp engine.

Thanks PSJ 63
PSJ 63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20th, 2018, 19:41   #17
XC90Mk1
Premier Member

How much for a 2012 polstar map on a 2.4d xc90

Thanks
XC90Mk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2018, 06:06   #18
Elk Performance
Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSJ 63 View Post
Hi

Ive got the dreaded message on the dash car alarm service which usually means a new module under the front wing. Could you provide a cost for the unit please , It’s a 2005 SE model with a 185bhp engine.

Thanks PSJ 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by XC90Mk1 View Post
How much for a 2012 polstar map on a 2.4d xc90

Thanks
Thank you both for your enquiries - could you kindly send us, by email, your respective car registration numbers or VINs and we will look these up and revert to you. That information is essential for us to be able to give you an accurate quote for the parts you require.

Last edited by Elk Performance; Jul 21st, 2018 at 06:08.
Old Nov 30th, 2018, 10:10   #19
David S60 driver

Default S60 electronics

Hi

I am looking for a replacement ABS control module for my 2006 S60 2.5T. Can you supply ?, I am in Cape Town South Africa.
David S60 driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2018, 05:28   #20
Elk Performance
Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by David S60 driver View Post
Hi

I am looking for a replacement ABS control module for my 2006 S60 2.5T. Can you supply ?, I am in Cape Town South Africa.
Thank you for your enquiry and we can certainly assist with this - we export Genuine Volvo parts worldwide and already have existing customers in South Africa so please send us an email (info@elkperformance.uk) and we will be very pleased to help.

Please send us your vehicle VIN too as that will assist us in finding the correct module - our sister company, Elk Diagnostics (www.elkdiagnostics.com) may also be well placed to help with reloading the required software to get the module to work, as well as reading and clearing fault codes (DTCs) etc..

Kind regards,
Elk Performance Ltd.

Tags
discount volvo parts, elk performance, genuine volvo, polestar parts, volvo parts