Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > V40/XC '12>17 General

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New member about to take the plunge!

Views : 1556

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 5th, 2014, 17:36   #1
Si902

Default New member about to take the plunge!

Hi Guys & Gals.

It's great to see another forum full of great info and advice from dedicated members and contributors.

Looking forward to being part of it.

I currently drive (and i'll say this under my breath) a Fiat Ulysse MPV. I know, believe me, i haven't had it long.

But, i am in the negotiating phase of a PCP deal on a 12 month old (13 Reg) V40 D2 R Design Nav, Passion Red with a couple of option packs and extras on it.

I haven't seen the car yet, dealer has only just found it for me on a list of volvo company cars released every week or two, so am keen to see it at the earliest opportunity.

Can anyone offer any advice on what things to look out for on these, bearing in mind the car is 12 months old.

Many thanks in advance.

Si
Si902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2014, 18:05   #2
Orca2
I've Been Banned

Hi Si and welcome, lots of people should be along shortly who know about your car, its a bit too new for me to offer any advice.
Orca2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2014, 22:16   #3
NewVolvo
VOC Member

We have a black R-Design and IMO is the best looking model the offer in the V40 range. The D2 should give you very decent mpg if going by another thread on here.

Pls do let us know what options etc are on the car.
1987 780 Bertone
Lots of previous Volvo's
NewVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2014, 10:46   #4
Loskie

at that age it may well have been a hire car, that is not a problem but it is nice to know and could be used as a bargaining tool. I have seen a lot of V40 D2 parked at airport hire car lots.
How much difference in cost between new and 12m old car?
Loskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2014, 16:33   #5
Si902

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewVolvo View Post
We have a black R-Design and IMO is the best looking model the offer in the V40 range. The D2 should give you very decent mpg if going by another thread on here.

Pls do let us know what options etc are on the car.
Thanks NewVolvo, getting a decent mpg is one of the main reasons for changing, currently only getting 28.5 out of my 2.2 diesel Fiat. Hoping to return 65 - 70 mpg on combined.

The only details i have re the spec is as follows :-

V40 D2 R DESIGN MANUAL,(2013 Model), Passion Red, Charcoal R Design Nubuck, Winter Pack, Driver Support Pack, Satellite Navigation System, Spare Wheel - Tempa, Steering Wheel Remote, Rain Sensor, Keyless Drive, Flexible Load Floor, Passenger Airbag Cut Off Switch, Rear Parking Camera, Park Assist Pilot, Premium Sound Multimedia System, No Sunroof, 6250 Miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loskie View Post
at that age it may well have been a hire car, that is not a problem but it is nice to know and could be used as a bargaining tool. I have seen a lot of V40 D2 parked at airport hire car lots.
How much difference in cost between new and 12m old car?
Thanks Loskie, will bear that in mind, it is apparently an ex Volvo Management vehicle.
Apparently the cost for this vehicle new with the two option packs and extras would have been well over 30K, its on his list with an RRP of 20K, but the dealership has to bid on it and may get it for less which will work well for me.
Old Apr 6th, 2014, 19:52   #6
Loskie

For a realistic new cost, not the list price spec it up on drive the deal and get the new discounted price. That will give you a benchmark to work down from. Always exciting getting a new car and easy to let emotion overtake the business like approach. Hope all goes well. They look like nice cars. Ask for things like the service pack to be included.
Loskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2014, 20:59   #7
NewVolvo
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si902 View Post
Thanks NewVolvo, getting a decent mpg is one of the main reasons for changing, currently only getting 28.5 out of my 2.2 diesel Fiat. Hoping to return 65 - 70 mpg on combined.

The only details i have re the spec is as follows :-

V40 D2 R DESIGN MANUAL,(2013 Model), Passion Red, Charcoal R Design Nubuck, Winter Pack, Driver Support Pack, Satellite Navigation System, Spare Wheel - Tempa, Steering Wheel Remote, Rain Sensor, Keyless Drive, Flexible Load Floor, Passenger Airbag Cut Off Switch, Rear Parking Camera, Park Assist Pilot, Premium Sound Multimedia System, No Sunroof, 6250 Miles.

Thanks Loskie, will bear that in mind, it is apparently an ex Volvo Management vehicle.
Apparently the cost for this vehicle new with the two option packs and extras would have been well over 30K, its on his list with an RRP of 20K, but the dealership has to bid on it and may get it for less which will work well for me.
Very nice spec! The Premium Sound is great and especially so after a bit of fiddling in the settings. Reversing camera is almost a must in this car as the rear windows is quite small.

As a note, with our D4 Geartronic, we get around 53-56mpg on a long run and around 42-45mpg on avg.

A few members on here have Passion Red. Looks great in the R-Design spec.

I would say, go for it!
1987 780 Bertone
Lots of previous Volvo's
NewVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2014, 13:40   #8
Si902

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loskie View Post
For a realistic new cost, not the list price spec it up on drive the deal and get the new discounted price. That will give you a benchmark to work down from. Always exciting getting a new car and easy to let emotion overtake the business like approach. Hope all goes well. They look like nice cars. Ask for things like the service pack to be included.
Good idea, will look into that. I have to admit i am a bit like a kid at christmas, have certainly already been quoted some appealing figures, and im sure there is a little more that can be done with things like the service pack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewVolvo View Post
Very nice spec! The Premium Sound is great and especially so after a bit of fiddling in the settings. Reversing camera is almost a must in this car as the rear windows is quite small.

As a note, with our D4 Geartronic, we get around 53-56mpg on a long run and around 42-45mpg on avg.

A few members on here have Passion Red. Looks great in the R-Design spec.

I would say, go for it!
Definately will be getting a V40 D2 R Design, I do think this is the one for me to be honest. Really looking forward to all the toys aswel as the drive and comfy seats etc.

Thanks, will keep you posted regarding if and when i get it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Si902 For This Useful Post:

Tags
nav, r design, used v40