Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Wrong spec XC90 delivered

Views : 1466

Replies : 15

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 22nd, 2019, 12:17   #1
jimchef81

Default Wrong spec XC90 delivered

Hi There

A first post for me. After 5 months excitedly waiting for delivery of my new T8, arranged for this thursday, ...the lease company just called to say it's arrived at the dealer in the wrong interior colour! maroon brown instead of the blond I ordered.

I'm really not a fan of the brown, some browns i think look look great, such as the dark chocolate browns you see in Mercs, but i think the Volvo brown isn't so nice. Ive rejected the car and they're now talking April. Im distraught.

Anyway, if there's anyone out there looking for a magic blue inscription pro with a bunch of options and brown leather there's a dealer up in Warrington who may be wanting to get rid of one at a good price
jimchef81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2019, 12:23   #2
CoopsSA
Volvo Newbie

I presume it's been rejected and the dealer will be ordering the correct vehicle?

Years ago I ordered an Audi A6 2.0 TDi but it was a 3.0 TDI when it arrived. Dealer let me keep it.
Old Jan 22nd, 2019, 12:28   #3
jimchef81

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopsSA View Post
I presume it's been rejected and the dealer will be ordering the correct vehicle?
Yep, i thought about keeping it, they offered to throw in a 'dealer fitted option' but i turned it down, the brown just doesn't suit my eye and i reckon if i'd have kept it, each time i got in the car i'd look at the seats and wish i'd waited. They are going to re order the original spec.
Old Jan 22nd, 2019, 13:08   #4
Bash D Bishop
Volvo Virgin

Hopefully you won't have a long wait. Perhaps Volvo will allow a bit of queue jumping given the error.
Bash D Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2019, 13:11   #5
Deman77
Master Member

Tell them you want MY20 production week unless they can give you a slot within a month.
Old Jan 22nd, 2019, 13:21   #6
jimchef81

Tell them you want MY20 production week unless they can give you a slot within a month

Sorry Denam77, Do you mind explaining what this means?

Last edited by jimchef81; Jan 22nd, 2019 at 13:31.
Old Jan 22nd, 2019, 13:43   #7
volvocamper
Master Member

That is really disappointing for you and thanks for sharing.
Have you considered looking on the Volvo Selekt website for pictures of a similar model in same colour with the maroon interior just on the slight chance it may actually look better in the flesh and you decide to go with it (plus the sweetener from the dealer - tow bar/side steps/service plan????)
The darker interior may wear a little better than the paler leather.
Having said that if your mind is definitely made up then best to wait.
I had a similar situation a few years ago with a VW. I ordered it through an online broker and specced it as I (thought I) wanted and it was built and delivered only for me to find I Should have ordered the upgraded seats and on the (v long) drive home I found the standard seats uncomfortable. To my huge surprise the supplying dealer said as I bought it ‘online’ I was covered by the distance selling regs and they took it back (with abt 300 miles on the clock) and re-ordered for me with the upgraded seats - I of course paid the additional charge for the seat option but no more.
I would not have believed it possible had it not have happened to me.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do and look forward to hearing how it goes in due course.
volvocamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2019, 16:25   #8
ThorV70

A number of years ago I ordered an Audi A4 1.9TDI se in black, the dealer messed up the order and I ended up with a quartz grey 2.0TDI S line......was well happy!
ThorV70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2019, 16:39   #9
Quacker
Premier Member

I wonder why dealer staff can't get basics like this right? They should try speccing and ordering something rather more complex with a whole lot of interdependent options some time. Ordering cars as required by the customer is not rocket science, it really isn't. The proposed order should be copied to the customer and approved by them, for a start. Then the salesperson or secretary should put the factory order in and double-check that it agrees with the customer's requirements. Checking and double checking should ensure that the right model, engine, drivetrain, trim and colour plus all the detail bits are ordered correctly.
Old Jan 22nd, 2019, 16:43   #10
jimchef81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker View Post
I wonder why dealer staff can't get basics like this right? They should try speccing and ordering something rather more complex with a whole lot of interdependent options some time. Ordering cars as required by the customer is not rocket science, it really isn't. The proposed order should be copied to the customer and approved by them, for a start. Then the salesperson or secretary should put the factory order in and double-check that it agrees with the customer's requirements. Checking and double checking should ensure that the right model, engine, drivetrain, trim and colour plus all the detail bits are ordered correctly.
Yep, you would think so.
The Following User Says Thank You to jimchef81 For This Useful Post: