Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo On Call App

Views : 20312

Replies : 204

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 15th, 2021, 15:21   #61
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by familymangreg View Post
Just popped out to the car and gave the lock/unlock and engine start a go, all working fine. They did seem a lot faster than they have been of late, about 5 seconds for each function to be actioned.

:wq
Did you have your keys without at the time of "Unlocking" the car, I was not able to unlock unless I had my key near the car as normal.

Have you noticed the Car's Icon on the new app cleverly shows the wing mirrors folding in/out when locking/unlocking the car.
Old Jun 15th, 2021, 15:29   #62
Chudy85
Volvo family member

Quote:
Originally Posted by familymangreg View Post
I don't know. My car is a MY21 with the indirect TPMS (I don't believe Volvo offer any other these days).

I got that one too
Old Jun 15th, 2021, 16:13   #63
Chudy85
Volvo family member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjedrake View Post
Did you have your keys without at the time of "Unlocking" the car, I was not able to unlock unless I had my key near the car as normal.

Have you noticed the Car's Icon on the new app cleverly shows the wing mirrors folding in/out when locking/unlocking the car.
When engine is running and car in use also lights are on
Old Jun 15th, 2021, 16:25   #64
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjedrake View Post

No key anywhere near the car, it was definitely the app doing it. Just to double check, you do know the car doesn't immediately unlock, once the app has confirmed the car has been unlocked you need to press the open button on the boot for the actual unlock to happen. Obviously a security thing, so you can't unlock the car when you (or someone who knows what's going on) isn't near it to complete the action.

A slight aside, but I put this to good use a year or so ago when I'd got stuck at work and forgot about a supermarket delivery. The driver called outside the house to say he was there. He wouldn't leave the order outside the back as it contained alcohol, but was happy to leave it in the car after I unlocked it for him and then relocked it!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to familymangreg For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 15th, 2021, 20:55   #65
Saftlad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casa1862 View Post
How are people getting on with the VOC app with Recharge vehicles, I find the info given is not accurate, would be good to have an idea of batter changing progress, hardly ever seems accurate.

A new update was offered and that seem to give no charging information at all, I’ve reverted back to the old app, it also seems to report cable disconnect quite a lot when no problems withnit and the green light flashing.
Same here. Car has been on charge since around 6pm. Podpoint reports putting 10kWh into the car, app shows as still nearly empty and says it is charging and will be finished at 21:45.

Even closing the app and logging back in doesn't update the charge level
Saftlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2021, 22:08   #66
Chudy85
Volvo family member

I will blame app as is in early access stage of development. It could change in next years 😂😂😂
Old Jun 16th, 2021, 17:02   #67
CoopsSA
Volvo Newbie

Wow new design - where did that come from!?

I have Android 5.0.4 and like others no option to remote start. The way someone above describes to remote start by using climate settings doesn't work for me.

One minute the overhead view of the "car" is black, the next thing it's silver!

Poorly tested so I've switched back to the old design. Someone let me know when the new one is working properly.
Old Jun 16th, 2021, 17:15   #68
Saftlad

My car doesn't have an outline at all now. Just the doors and windows, no body. At least the roof is in the correct colour

Remote Start seems to have been incorporated into Climate. Selecting a time I then get asked if I would like to start the engine so that it gets to Comfort quicker
Saftlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2021, 18:41   #69
Stodgy

Quiet like the new design - much more modern.

Sadly my osmium grey V90 is a black V60 and my osmium grey S90 is a silver XC60. WTF?

I think they may need to make some tweaks. Lol.

Last edited by Stodgy; Jun 16th, 2021 at 19:34.
Stodgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2021, 20:01   #70
Wedge0107

I like the new look, it's fresh and modern. My Osmium grey looks a bit dark, but I love the detail of the flashing internal light on the top of the dashboard LOL. It's far quick to start up, took literaly 1 second from pressing the button - previously up to 30 seconds. The change incorporating the climate with start makes sense. The main reason I remote started was to either warm or cool the car. Just hope they don't tinker more with the app to cause it to stop working - which Volvo seem to have a history of doing!
V90 MY20 D4 Osmium Grey Momentum Plus with Xenium Pack | Winter Pack | Heated Windscreen | BLIS | Tinted Windows | Keyless Entry | 4-Zone Climate | Hands Free Tailgate | Mud Flaps | Tempa Spare | Wireless Apple CarPlay
Wedge0107 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wedge0107 For This Useful Post: