Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General > S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> Wants

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC90 Camera Retrofit

Views : 5900

Replies : 9

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 12th, 2019, 12:10   #1
IrnBru

Default XC90 Camera Retrofit

Hi all, I'm a current XC60 owner and I'm currently looking to buy a used XC90. Probably a 2016 model. (I recently test drove a Q7 Audi, but these Volvos are just nicer places to sit ).

The ones which I'm looking at don't have a reverse camera (even the Inscriptions!), however this is a bit of a deal breaker for me in selling the idea of a car this big to the other half.

A used car sales person at Volvo main dealer recently told me that these could be retrofitted. Has anyone done this through a main dealer? Either 360 camera or just a normal reverse camera? If so roughly what did you pay?

Note that I'm really not keen on any third party solution which uses an additional screen and would prefer to keep it as close to a Volvo factory option spec as possible.

Thanks in advance
IrnBru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2019, 23:02   #2
St Evelyn
VOC Member

I've not done it, but I did look in to it, both for my current V90 and a previous S80 - in both cases the quote came in around a grand!! Roughly double the cost of ordering the same from factory!!!

Cost to dealer would be minimal in the greater scheme of a car purchase....if I were you I'd be trying to get them to do the mod as part of agreeing a deal on a Selekt Used XC90.

Current - 2017 V90 D4 Inscription
Previous - 2011 S80 D3
St Evelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2019, 17:51   #3
IrnBru

Quote:
Cost to dealer would be minimal in the greater scheme of a car purchase....if I were you I'd be trying to get them to do the mod as part of agreeing a deal on a Selekt Used XC90.
Hi - Thanks for the feedback. That does sound like the most sensible way to approach it. Thanks. The Selekt warranty definitely gives some comfort factor as well.
IrnBru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2020, 13:53   #4
Dinoboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by St Evelyn View Post
I've not done it, but I did look in to it, both for my current V90 and a previous S80 - in both cases the quote came in around a grand!! Roughly double the cost of ordering the same from factory!!!

I was wondering which Volvo dealership that you had the quote for 360 camera installation as I seem to get nowhere with this when I called the volvo dealers. I have a 2016 Volvo xc90 T8 and looking to get 360 camera installed instead of our rear view only camera system.
Many thanks for your response in advance.
All the best...
Dinoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2020, 13:06   #5
slimshooter

Having just gone through this the reserve camera can be retro fitted it was on offer last month and managed to get the dealer down to £600, normal price is a £1000. So you should be able to get it sorted, only if it has right sensus version, to connect it to the ports on the back but the dealer should be able to telL you this.
slimshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to slimshooter For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 5th, 2020, 15:45   #6
St Evelyn
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinoboy View Post
I was wondering which Volvo dealership that you had the quote for 360 camera installation as I seem to get nowhere with this when I called the volvo dealers. I have a 2016 Volvo xc90 T8 and looking to get 360 camera installed instead of our rear view only camera system.
All the best...
I was referring to reverse camera - general consensus on here seems to be that retrofitting 360 is not economically viable, with many dealers stating it can't be done.

Current - 2017 V90 D4 Inscription
Previous - 2011 S80 D3
St Evelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8th, 2020, 23:27   #7
HunterBruce

Default XC90 Rev Cam Retro -2006-2010 models

Have any of you done this?

My car does not have such a system?

Can a Volvo part be retro on these year models?

Many Thks
HunterBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2020, 16:14   #8
JetBlastDeflector
XC40 P8 FIRST EDITION

Hi IrnBru,

Just had Rear View camera and Park Assist fitted to my 2019 Volvo V90 CC T5.

Total cost £1800.

Could not be doing without my Rear View camera, once you have had one it becomes a valuable safety feature on larger cars.

I reckon that you could get a dealer down to £800 for rear view camera if you can blag well!

Main thing is that it gets a Volvo warranty and integrates with the Volvo Sensus Touch Screen.
JetBlastDeflector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2021, 17:17   #9
adsholden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinoboy View Post
All the best...
Hi there, I'm new to the forum but have exactly the same question. I recently bought a 2016 T8 XC90 R-Design and, although it's well-spec'd, it doesn't have front sensors and I'm petrified my ... ahem ... family might prang the front when parking forward. A 360 or front sensors would be awesome (it has rear sensors and camera). Did you or anyone eventually get anywhere with this? I got it through Selekt but didn't think to ask them at the time as was too excited to just take it as is!

Cheers
Old Mar 11th, 2021, 15:28   #10
GJB
Premier Member

Suggest you enter in the right section for a reply
MY10 XC90 D5 R design Red MY04 XC90 D5 SE RED
95 940 2 ltr D Silver Auto /84 740 2ltr D Red
GJB is offline   Reply With Quote