Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General > 200 Series Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1987 Volvo 240 estate

Views : 1044

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 2nd, 2020, 22:42   #1
BEECHVOLVO

Default 1987 Volvo 240 estate

This is the reluctant sale of our beloved 1987 240 gl estate and I thought I'd float her here before she goes on the Bay. Bought this Volvo a year ago and although from the photos (Google album link below) you can see it is in great condition I took it upon myself to go right through and deal with any issues the previous meticulous owner hadn't got round to.

The car is
2.3l b230k
AW701 4 speed auto with overdrive.

The car is now running on a

Webber 38/38 with appropriate manifold
123 electronic ignition
Bosch ignition coil
Mishmoto race fan
Full Simon's 2.5" exhaust
242 turbo EBC discs and yellow stuff pads
Facet silver top fuel pump and malpassi filter king regulater
15" alloy wheels of a 940

She has been Dyno'd for carb tuning, but we did do a power run and 135bhp/130ft/lb is very respectable

What has been replaced

All 4 wheel bearings
Track rod ends
Front disc backing plates
Rear calipers
New radiator and hoses
All filters
All belts
All oils (engine/gearbox and diff)
Plugs
Ignition leads and king lead
Headlight relay
Led headlights
JDM Carrozzeria Speakers
Bluetooth receiver

The fuse box (know problem with all 240s) has been totally rewired with modern connections and resettable blade fuses. That and the addition of relays for speaker and lights, means car now has no electrical gremlins.

The car had a fresh MOT the day of lock down so to my understanding still had a full year due to the extension.

This car is now 33 years of age so there was some rust. As a professional classic car metal worker/fabricator/welder I set about rectifying what needed to be done. This work was done to a high standard and finished in raptor 2k undercoat, outside and zinc primed and painted inside. The repairs were all done below the body colour line, so all Blue is original

This included

Inner sill repairs on both sides
Floor edge repairs both sides
Spare wheel well sections
Inner rear wheel well sections
Front wing stays.

The body is sound now and wants for nothing. Saying this there are age related marks such as a small dent on the passenger front wing a small dent in the right rear passenger door. The only non original colour paint on the body itself is the blackening around the window has been re done (not by me) and a non matched touch up on the boot. I shall also add that the bottoms of the doors had started to flake paint so I removed all seals wire wheeled all debris, and stone chipped for extra protection. The whole car has been wax oiled throughout and thoroughly.

The only other modification that we have made to the interior is that the headlining (which we still have intact) has been removed and replaced with a hi tech insulation and bamboo headlining with integrated lighting, this was for the purpose of camping which improved the experience no end, along with this is a full set of thermally insulated full black out curtains which magnetise to the inner metal work it makes great little camper and really Stealth.

There are tonnes of spares all photographed including a 4-2-1 tubular manifold, all ancillaries I have replaced, a full set of 14" steel wheels and an original roof rack.

The little nigles if there are any would be
Tyre tread is low (evidence of previous misalignment, but tracking and track rod ends have solved this)
Odometer is intermittent and shows 145000, I strongly believe that this stands no higher than 160000 in reality. The compressions show between 210 and 215 across all four so in pretty good nick

Please take a look at the photos, read what I have said carefully. This is my pride and joy and the only reason for sale is I sank a lot of money into this car unbeknownst to what was coming. Therefore I simply need the cash.

This said I will not let her go for a song. If I get the full price, I will clad both sets of wheels with new tyres and replace the headlining if required, I shall even deliver her within reason from Gloucestershire

I am asking £4000 for her and all spares

Photos are in link below

https://photos.app.goo.gl/PhDqMFKbuCxAudce9

Many thanks

Teds

Last edited by BEECHVOLVO; Aug 2nd, 2020 at 22:49.
BEECHVOLVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2020, 17:05   #2
speedyG50

I'm getting an error code on the pics
speedyG50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2020, 21:33   #3
lindsok

Hello Ted, could you check the photos link, its not working
lindsok is offline   Reply With Quote